Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Godzilla vs Kong, 2021 (colorized)

drat, grandpa had a sweet setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Davros1 posted:

Shin was bigger than G14, but Godzilla managed to grow just a little bit bigger for KotM

Even then, G14 was bulkier than Shin. Shin was just taller.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also because of the length of Shin's tail he was overall much longer as well (~300m).

I enjoyed them putting a quick 1st form Shin tribute in the GvK trailer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmMzJbOpU3o

Relevant

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shin would just evolve into an even bigger chunkier Godzilla

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

It's so dense.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

No part 2? I thought that was pretty cool.

Also a further indictment of the godzilla anime failing to bring us awesome kaiju action in a context where human and monster costs are equal.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Tekne posted:

It's so dense.

Holy poo poo, they fixed it. In earlier versions of this shot, either Godzilla had a bad stunt double or he had learned how to slip punches; his head started turning before the punch landed. Not here.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Those effects are really top-notch. I hope they remain consistent throughout the film and not just in that sequence.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Xguard86 posted:

No part 2? I thought that was pretty cool.

Also a further indictment of the godzilla anime failing to bring us awesome kaiju action in a context where human and monster costs are equal.

Guy works slow but his channel does have some anim test shots up for Ghidorah and Rodan. I want part 2 as well because poo poo that was a good fight.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Tekne posted:

It's so dense.

I'm guessing that its actually smoke, but I keep thinking Kong's punching the spit out of Godzilla.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cercueil posted:

I'm guessing that its actually smoke, but I keep thinking Kong's punching the spit out of Godzilla.

it's water, Godzilla just came out of the ocean, the punch is knocking off the water that was still clinging to his scales

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's a classic technique from kung fu movies to emphasis the punch.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
My favourite SFX detail so far is when the camera is under Godzilla climbing onto the ship and his loose throat skin wiggles when he roars.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lol they delayed this loving movie again by one week. Probably to work on the aircraft carrier fight some more.

https://twitter.com/bdisgusting/status/1354177080683098118?s=21

Guess they want to give theaters a chance.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
they're still filming the rest of the movie. all they have is this half-hour long aircraft carrier scene and they need to figure out how to get there and where to go afterwards

Violator
May 15, 2003

I always thought it was charming that Toho let Kong win in the original version. Would they be considered more protective now or does anyone think they would let Kong win again?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The marketing department clearly wants us to post earnestly about who we think would win, and by god, it's totally working. Can't stop thinking about that big monkey fight.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

ungulateman posted:

they're still filming the rest of the movie. all they have is this half-hour long aircraft carrier scene and they need to figure out how to get there and where to go afterwards

I hear that they are going to localize the ending for Japan and the United States.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

well why not posted:

The marketing department clearly wants us to post earnestly about who we think would win, and by god, it's totally working. Can't stop thinking about that big monkey fight.

As long as he fights big G on the weekend. Need to be wary of those monkey-fightin' snakes on the Monday to Friday plane.

Violator
May 15, 2003

There has to be a winner because this is a "vs" movie, if this were just a "v" movie they would team up, you see.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Violator posted:

There has to be a winner because this is a "vs" movie, if this were just a "v" movie they would team up, you see.

There’s never been a clear solid winner in a vs movie.

Maaaaybe in kong vs Godzilla but Godzilla didn’t die so imo it doesn’t count.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Violator posted:

I always thought it was charming that Toho let Kong win in the original version. Would they be considered more protective now or does anyone think they would let Kong win again?

Remember that King Kong vs Godzilla was only the third Godzilla movie. Godzilla was still a bad guy at that point. Legendary Godzilla has been the good guy from his first appearance.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator posted:

Billy the Kid beat the poo poo out of Dracula. :colbert:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.

Godzilla in particular is famous for being in dozens of "vs" movies that have clear winners. Outside of that, Jason definitively won in Freddy vs Jason, Batman won against Superman, and Scott Pilgrim defeated the world.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Freddy lived though!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator posted:

Freddy lived though!!

You can defeat someone without killing them!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yeah and George Foreman survived the Rumble in the Jungle, doesn't mean Ali didn't win.

Winking at the camera after you've already been beheaded is just cope.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lol they delayed this loving movie again by one week. Probably to work on the aircraft carrier fight some more.

https://twitter.com/bdisgusting/status/1354177080683098118?s=21

Guess they want to give theaters a chance.

They saw that everyone figured out Mechagodzilla is in the movie, now they're doing new CGI with Mecha King Ghidorah instead

But really, how has Mecha KG been in only one movie?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

That’s not what movies taught me!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Does it count when your "win" is via multiple wrestling style interferences?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The final battle between Godzilla and Kong will reffed by Eric Bischoff

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

They saw that everyone figured out Mechagodzilla is in the movie, now they're doing new CGI with Mecha King Ghidorah instead

But really, how has Mecha KG been in only one movie?

Mecha KG can only survive in the 90's. Very specific ecology.

Also I would love it if the blu-ray titan edition or whatever has localized endings. We've been working to make all these childhood urban legends real, let's get this one knocked out.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

If they see enough profit for another movie or two in the Monsterverse, I'd love to see them take a crack at Bagan. He could be the end result of Dance's ecoterror goup collecting all the kaiju dna including Ghidorah and sticking it in a blender. That would be a threat requiring Godzilla, Kong, Rodan, Mothra, and all the others working together to take down. That being said, I would would love to see Legendary's take on Biolllante or Hedorah, especially the latter with how royally hosed the planet is becoming irl.

Tekne fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 27, 2021

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tekne posted:

It's so dense.

This might just be the greatest haymaker committed to film.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I went to college with Matt. I knew him through art club. Super weird to keep seeing his name in Godzilla related stuff, but I'm not surprised considering he was obsessed with drawing dinosaurs and Godzilla

He's a really nice guy. Met him at G-Fest and DragonCon and took home some of his prints. This statue is on another level, though, drat. Good for him!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/uejini/status/1353935925110206464?s=21

I met Matt Frank at TsubuConin Dec 2019- he was really nice. I also ran over and let him know RedMan was taking photos and he jumped up and got over there before it was over haha

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

McSpanky posted:

This might just be the greatest haymaker committed to film.

I didn't notice before how his follow through carries him over and the little fireball. Quite a punch

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He squashed a jet with that punch follow through and it exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

Maaaaybe in kong vs Godzilla but Godzilla didn’t die so imo it doesn’t count.

I can name 20

being mean for the record I know what you meant