Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

itry
Aug 23, 2019

All Drops Legendary posted:

Here's a mod which modifies all loot (excluding meds, junk items, consumables which have their respective quality) to spawn as legendary items. Whether you loot from the bodies or containers.

Actually it does more than that, It changes everything it can to legendary. Including items in your inventory.

Edit: :lol:

Flamingo Weapons - Baton and Katana posted:

Switch your batons and GOG katana to a flamingo, for some reason.

itry fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

TheAgent posted:

The combat AI was awful. Like endless dudes running straight down a corridor, literally tripping over each other. It's comical, sure, but not challenging or interesting. There was not a single time after level 15 or so that the game did anything remotely interesting combat encounter wise, mechs and netrunners included.

I think I saw some NPCs go for cover a handful of times. Mostly I could just stand completely still and have them run up to me, tripping over their comrades corpse or gun or whatever is in their path, and then brain them to death with a bat.

The Heist is actually the most decent part of the game for this, as you can see dudes go for cover, team up, search, etc. After that, the cleverness of the combatants huffs some CHOOH2 or something.

Again, this is coming from console. From what I've seen on YouTube of PC playthroughs, things seem a little better, but not by a whole lot.

Eh, the game has enough faults without resorting to hyperbole dude. The only enemies that consistently charge you no fucks given are the Animals and that is entirely in character. The gun using NPCs do a decent enough job of hiding behind cover, throwing grenades when you are hiding and advancing when you stop shooting. It's just that are some issues that make the AI bug out and completely ignore your presence all of a sudden. NPCs are also utterly incapable of dealing with being shot or hacked through walls.

Don't even know what they could about the last one. I mean you could add more netrunners and snipers that shoot YOU through walls, but I can't think of a better way to make players give up in frustration. Well, other than releasing patches that break the main quest.

Shumagorath posted:

https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Monowire

Well now I barely see the point of an arm mod when katanas seem to do the Mantis blades job better and the monowire uses a stat tree I'm not working. How does Beat on the Brat handle non-Gorilla arms, anyway?

You hit enemies for 0.5% of their health. They hit you for 90% of yours, triggering the microgenerator. Let it happen twice to collect your golden lowrider.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

TheAgent posted:

first thing they gotta do is add all the dildo spawns back in

and make your cyberarms dildos

and make the cars dildos

and everything, everywhere dildos

giant floppy dildos falling over each other screaming "I'M COMIN FOR YA" over and over and over

Replace Skippy with a holographic talking dildo

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

you feelin fucky posted:

Eh, the game has enough faults without resorting to hyperbole dude. The only enemies that consistently charge you no fucks given are the Animals and that is entirely in character. The gun using NPCs do a decent enough job of hiding behind cover, throwing grenades when you are hiding and advancing when you stop shooting. It's just that are some issues that make the AI bug out and completely ignore your presence all of a sudden. NPCs are also utterly incapable of dealing with being shot or hacked through walls.
It's not hyperbole. I had all kinds of enemies, not just Animals, rush me. When they did that, they fell flat on their face because a corpse or gun or something was in front of them. Or they tried to move around a box or something and fell over. It happened a lot, more than just a couple of times. It even happened during the Arasaka assault and I got a huge laugh out of these elite corpo guards falling over themselves like some kind of performance art.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I’ve seen 6th Street gangers going from covering each other with perfectly executed flanking tactics and a sniper giving support one fight, and then standing still out in the open like they were some kind of Skyrim Archer the next. It’s pretty wildly inconsistent, which makes me wonder if there are some bugs buried in there.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I’ve seen 6th Street gangers going from covering each other with perfectly executed flanking tactics and a sniper giving support one fight, and then standing still out in the open like they were some kind of Skyrim Archer the next. It’s pretty wildly inconsistent, which makes me wonder if there are some bugs buried in there.

Yeah that was my experience too FWIW

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh Playstation rewards actually has a sales section for stuff you can buy with rewards points? Lets see all the stuff they have on sale.

https://www.rewards.sony.com/shop-the-catalog/playstation-game-sale/

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

The entire game is wildly inconsistent. Almost every beautifully crafted feature is married to a 2002 geocities 'UNDER CONSTRUCTION' gif. There are two dozen cars with unique interiors. The dash doesn't just display speed and rpm, but also gear, the time and the radio station that's playing. But none of that poo poo matters because cars are undrivable in first person due to the camera being located in your navel.

TheAgent posted:

It's not hyperbole. I had all kinds of enemies, not just Animals, rush me. When they did that, they fell flat on their face because a corpse or gun or something was in front of them. Or they tried to move around a box or something and fell over. It happened a lot, more than just a couple of times. It even happened during the Arasaka assault and I got a huge laugh out of these elite corpo guards falling over themselves like some kind of performance art.

:psyduck: I've seen them do that once or twice only, but consoles got the special treatment with this game so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

you feelin fucky posted:

:psyduck: I've seen them do that once or twice only, but consoles got the special treatment with this game so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.
One of my friends joked that he could clear Arasaka by throwing a corpse in a door frame and watching the bodies pile up.

It works.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

One of my friends joked that he could clear Arasaka by throwing a corpse in a door frame and watching the bodies pile up.

It works.
Yet another bizarre reason why the perks that give you a damage bonus for holding a corpse (Which still needs a serrate perk to unlock shooting a pistol/running with one) is wasted potential. They should have given us a perk that let us throw bodies instead :v:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Yet another bizarre reason why the perks that give you a damage bonus for holding a corpse (Which still needs a serrate perk to unlock shooting a pistol/running with one) is wasted potential. They should have given us a perk that let us throw bodies instead :v:
So many cool things could've been added instead of the boring increase damage/crit perks. What a waste.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

TheAgent posted:

It's not hyperbole. I had all kinds of enemies, not just Animals, rush me.

The ones with melee weapons rush you. The ones with guns, and especially snipers, do not rush you.

I know because at the hardest difficulty my character sucked rear end in the beginning, and I kept wishing that snipers or assault rifle users would just bum rush me because it would've made my life a lot easier.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Gadfly posted:

The ones with melee weapons rush you. The ones with guns, and especially snipers, do not rush you.

I know because at the hardest difficulty my character sucked rear end in the beginning, and I kept wishing that snipers or assault rifle users would just bum rush me because it would've made my life a lot easier.
PC or console? Just asking because it seems like a ton of my issues are console specific.

edit: I had tons of guys with all kinds of weapons come towards me. In fact -- in my playthrough -- almost no NPCs ever actually used cover. See my previous example of the Arasaka assault

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 27, 2021

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

TheAgent posted:

PC or console? Just asking because it seems like a ton of my issues are console specific.

edit: I had tons of guys with all kinds of weapons come towards me. In fact -- in my playthrough -- almost no NPCs ever actually used cover. See my previous example of the Arasaka assault

On pc at least enemies have a preferred range depending on their weapon type. Melee bumrush you but the arasaka and tyger claw ones generally dodge or evade to avoid a charge of the light brigade reenactment. Gunmen stay at like 10 to 50m distance and snipers only move to keep line of sight.

To be fair to the poor schmuck who spent 70 hours a week to shovel this out the door: The corpse tumbling likely has nothing to do with AI and everything with V's sudden ankle related death syndrome. There are a lot of Z issues in general. Every car I've had has melted through the floor at one point and plenty of loot remains stuck in a floor tile.

edit: Shouldn't forget that the few times I had people T-pose on me they also float a few feet off the ground in their best Jesus impersonation.

you feelin fucky fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 27, 2021

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

you feelin fucky posted:

On pc at least enemies have a preferred range depending on their weapon type. Melee bumrush you but the arasaka and tyger claw ones generally dodge or evade to avoid a charge of the light brigade reenactment. Gunmen stay at like 10 to 50m distance and snipers only move to keep line of sight.

To be fair to the poor schmuck who spent 70 hours a week to shovel this out the door: The corpse tumbling likely has nothing to do with AI and everything with V's sudden ankle related death syndrome. There are a lot of Z issues in general. Every car I've had has melted through the floor at one point and plenty of loot remains stuck in a floor tile.

edit: Shouldn't forget that the few times I had people T-pose on me they also float a few feet off the ground in their best Jesus impersonation.
Enemies tripping over corpses is good jank. V dying because you walked off a dumpster or tripped on a bag of trash is bad jank.

Sadly things like the former tend to get targeted for a "We fixed an exploit" bulletpoint, while things like the latter are still being worked on in games that still need polish. As much because it is usually faster to fix some one off benevolent bug than it is to fix the dozens of gameplay interrupting varieties of it.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

On PC, on hard, enemy AI was an absolute joke. They mostly just stood there waiting for me to shoot them while yelling "come on out!". I mean bad enemy AI is a pretty common complaint of this game so I don't know why some posters are pretending it was as good as, I dunno, 20 year old Halo Combat Evolved?

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
I'm having an odd UI issue since the patch and I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes if I've killed an enemy and approach the unconscious/dead body, and have looted everything already, I get a pop-up of whatever the last loot item was that I looked at.

IOW, I look at some Pop-Turds on a grocery store shelf and then walk over to a body and move my cursor over it and get the "Pop-Turds!" display. The only mods I'm running are the "remap anything" mod and the vehicle handling one, which doesn't seem like it would break things in this way?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

aas Bandit posted:

I'm having an odd UI issue since the patch and I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes if I've killed an enemy and approach the unconscious/dead body, and have looted everything already, I get a pop-up of whatever the last loot item was that I looked at.

IOW, I look at some Pop-Turds on a grocery store shelf and then walk over to a body and move my cursor over it and get the "Pop-Turds!" display. The only mods I'm running are the "remap anything" mod and the vehicle handling one, which doesn't seem like it would break things in this way?

Does it go away when you look at something else, like a different lootable? If so that's a pretty common bug and while it doesn't have anything to do with your mod I have no idea what reproduces it and there's no permanent fix that I'm aware of.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The AI does not flank, it doesn't have any such routine. It just moves up or stays put. The snipers just shoot nonstop when their arbitrary shot timer is off cooldown. The AI does not collaborate in any way. If it seems like it does, it's because things fell into place in a random way to provide the illusion of cooperation.

The AI is not merely "bugged," it is fundamentally barebones and no amount of patches short of a massive overhaul will fix it.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The AI does not flank, it doesn't have any such routine. It just moves up or stays put. The snipers just shoot nonstop when their arbitrary shot timer is off cooldown. The AI does not collaborate in any way. If it seems like it does, it's because things fell into place in a random way to provide the illusion of cooperation.

The AI is not merely "bugged," it is fundamentally barebones and no amount of patches short of a massive overhaul will fix it.

I mean, I actually think you are probably right but do you have any actual proof of that? I feel like anecdotal experiences vary wildly.

_____!
May 2, 2004

I need to preface this image with the statement that I do absolutely love this game. However in the event of this screenshot I have decided to shitpost. The stank leg really pulls it together.

As penance here is one that isn't shitposting.

poo poo, wait that's kicking Wakako in the face.

?

Wait I know what you want.

_____! fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 27, 2021

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Mendrian posted:

Does it go away when you look at something else, like a different lootable? If so that's a pretty common bug and while it doesn't have anything to do with your mod I have no idea what reproduces it and there's no permanent fix that I'm aware of.

I look at a different lootable and it switches to that one. Then eventually it will stop happening and I'm not sure what makes things go back to normal. Thanks for the info!

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I think - and this is mostly baseless theory - that the game has a very simple but probably quite insidious bug somewhere with its variables. Like the way sometimes armor drops with a decimal in the wrong spot (so like 8.01 when most of your armor drops are like 80.10) or how sometimes entire combats go by where you take no damage and then in the next one you get downed instantly. I'm not sure what would cause variables to flip digits like that but I have suspicion its at the heart of a lot of the weird numerical bugs.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

TheAgent posted:

I'm on PC.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

This is exactly the thing. I have no idea what game other people are playing that they think the ai is doing flanking and whatever. Maybe they only do that when they all see you and you aren't long range? If the ai doesn't see you, which you don't even have to be sneaking for them not to see you, they will just stand there yelling stupid stuff.

And I think its not only that the ai is complete poopbutt garbage, the perks and mods and stuff you get extra highlight how horrible it is. Like, its cool when the most fanboyish people post their ultra radical stories about one shotting whole rooms and stuff, they can enjoy the game that way, but at least try to understand when other people find that to be incredibly boring and unfun

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Starting my Streetkid playthrough and one thing that stuck out to me about the intro movie on second viewing is that in the montage V throws an empty rifle at a goon before rushing forward and decking them... WHY THE gently caress CAN'T I DO THAT?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I haven’t dug into the mod kit yet but depending upon how much we can patch over the AI I think it can be improved substantially at the cost of more CPU, RAM, and being really punishing at lower levels or when numerically far superior because parts like levels and itemization are so unbalanced in power curve. I think people are imagining flanking because the routine emerged on accident as the enemy wall hugged and didn’t find a direct path to a last known or currently known location. There seems to be some enemies that will pursue directly and others are more cautious depending upon self preservation. What’s clear is that no enemy will run away for their life, and no enemy appears to make fast evasion moves to get into cover like jumping or rolling, which would help quite a lot with realism (I believe I saw someone slide like V does but I may be imagining it).

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I'm still laughing at "my playstyle is blades, babes, and shadows".

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

I mean, I guess it's totally possible that the one guy just randomly through a grenade that landed right at my feet in just a way that it forced me out of cover and right into another guy that was charging at me with a shotgun (which between him and the Sniper, flatlined me instantly) but that also kind of proves that the AI just doesn't stand around doing nothing normally either, or at least it's not supposed to. Because like I said the very next fight (which was like, 40 feet away from that previous fight against the same gang) everyone just stood out in the open and sometimes slowly walked left to right, despite there being plenty of cover because it was in a shipping yard.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 27, 2021

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Starting my Streetkid playthrough and one thing that stuck out to me about the intro movie on second viewing is that in the montage V throws an empty rifle at a goon before rushing forward and decking them... WHY THE gently caress CAN'T I DO THAT?

It was probably cut content. :haw:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

I really enjoy the Peralez side mission, where it really doesn't matter what you do, you're up against something that is not only so much more powerful than you are, but also beyond your understanding. The first time I went through it, I really enjoyed uncovering all these signs that they were being spied on, and then realising that they're so beyond hosed that there's pretty much nothing you can do for them.

It’s very refreshing an outcome for a quest, I just don’t think it was written for a 2020/2021 audience of “Everything is hosed and if you meet with your closest friends for lunch you might get murdered.”

Personally I’m a hundred hours into the game and only now see that the Epic Hax are game breaking in their own, beautiful way. The passive benefits to them make wall hack sniping seem almost tedious.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

MadJackal posted:

It’s very refreshing an outcome for a quest, I just don’t think it was written for a 2020/2021 audience of “Everything is hosed and if you meet with your closest friends for lunch you might get murdered.”

Personally I’m a hundred hours into the game and only now see that the Epic Hax are game breaking in their own, beautiful way. The passive benefits to them make wall hack sniping seem almost tedious.

the legendary quickhacks are so neat that its weird how much they change your playstyle if you let them. I linked my legendary short circuit mod up with a smart SMG, just LMAO

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

No obviously the ai doesn't flank or cooperate. Enemies just move to the closest cover within range of you and due to cover being absolutely everywhere there is a decent enough chance they set up a crossfire. Then they shoot or throw grenades if you don't move. The game actually spawns reinforcements to the side and behind you (most noticeably the cops) which will gently caress you over if they also get behind a box and start shooting. I'm perfectly ok with that illusion because this is a story driven rpg not quakecon practice.

But that doesn't work when one in two times enemies fail to initiate combat in a reasonable time. You can decapitate someone while his buddy is still taking a selfie. The reinforcements behind you will wait for 15 seconds before engaging, by which time you have conveniently killed the ones in front already. Or simply not aggress at all. I've had 6 maelstrom dudes randomly freeze mid-combat and stare at the sun until I bonked them on the head one at a time.

The combat ai doesn't need to be more advanced for me to have fun, it just needs to consistently do what it's already capable of doing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

They released mod tools.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/modding-support

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

you feelin fucky posted:

No obviously the ai doesn't flank or cooperate. Enemies just move to the closest cover within range of you and due to cover being absolutely everywhere there is a decent enough chance they set up a crossfire. Then they shoot or throw grenades if you don't move. The game actually spawns reinforcements to the side and behind you (most noticeably the cops) which will gently caress you over if they also get behind a box and start shooting. I'm perfectly ok with that illusion because this is a story driven rpg not quakecon practice.

But that doesn't work when one in two times enemies fail to initiate combat in a reasonable time. You can decapitate someone while his buddy is still taking a selfie. The reinforcements behind you will wait for 15 seconds before engaging, by which time you have conveniently killed the ones in front already. Or simply not aggress at all. I've had 6 maelstrom dudes randomly freeze mid-combat and stare at the sun until I bonked them on the head one at a time.

The combat ai doesn't need to be more advanced for me to have fun, it just needs to consistently do what it's already capable of doing.

Isn't that just an arbitrary distinction? Why would a story driven rpg not need or be made better with combat mechanics that are actually a thing? This game isn't some point and click dialogue puzzle game

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

the legendary quickhacks are so neat that its weird how much they change your playstyle if you let them. I linked my legendary short circuit mod up with a smart SMG, just LMAO

I basically use quick hacks on the cyberpsycho and side gigs. I close out the missions with no fatalities, then I go around and crit headshot with a silenced pistol to get that sweet Cold Blood exp.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

I play with Legendary Short Circuit and Contagion, plus as much +Crit% as I can manage and the perk that makes quickhacks crit.

Then I go around shooting people with a nonlethal-modded Overture.

It's so broken but so great that I can just breeze through most encounters clicking heads from pure stealth. poo poo goes down? Smart SMG comes out and EVERYONE DIES.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Going whole hog with mod support would be a smart way to rehabilitate the game long term.

Ah yes, the Bethesda school of game development.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So many nude mods and sex mods...oh wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

you feelin fucky posted:

The entire game is wildly inconsistent. Almost every beautifully crafted feature is married to a 2002 geocities 'UNDER CONSTRUCTION' gif. There are two dozen cars with unique interiors. The dash doesn't just display speed and rpm, but also gear, the time and the radio station that's playing. But none of that poo poo matters because cars are undrivable in first person due to the camera being located in your navel.

I am on PC and all kinds of npc keep rushing and tripping over their dead buddies