Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf you have avoided my wrath and not brought shame to the sand alliance, good work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The KFC Double Down of egg sandwiches? A bold choice.

Since no one else sees what I do re: Sci, I’ll move off that and go to the lurker that already has a vote (self-preservation? Most certainly- but I do think there’s at least one scum in the lurker category)

##vote GGN

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Sandwolf you have avoided my wrath and not brought shame to the sand alliance, good work

this was easier when I could go chill with 100Years and he would cook

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

anyone around ?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

anyone around ?

Yeah I’m around, what do you have besides a sorta weak hop onto the referee case?

I looked back and I really think he’s ok, not super townie but the case on him is kinda meh (but it is D1 to be fair)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If nothing else at least he’s been an active poster

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Referee (5): Scientastic, Bifauxnen, CapitalistPig, Sandwolf, ObamaAkbar.
Sandwolf (2): Scientastic, Scientastic, Retro Futurist, merk
GenericGirlName (2): Hal Insandenza, Referee
CapitalistPig (1): Rhymes With Clue
Hal Insandenza (0): merk, merk
Scientastic (0): ObamaAkbar., Referee, ObamaAkbar., Referee
ObamaAkbar. (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (2): GenericGirlName, Idle Amalgam

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 6 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

If nothing else at least he’s been an active poster

he feels more sincere here, I don't know if he's said anything townie but he's present. his reason for voting Sci still suck but yeah he is posting

I'd switch to RF for his one weird post + vote on me, and I guess GGN but she seemed excited to cook

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

he feels more sincere here, I don't know if he's said anything townie but he's present. his reason for voting Sci still suck but yeah he is posting

I'd switch to RF for his one weird post + vote on me, and I guess GGN but she seemed excited to cook

I don’t want anyone to die, I want to see more people’s food!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sandwolf posted:

anyone around ?

I’m still here.

Hal Insandenza posted:

I don’t want anyone to die, I want to see more people’s food!

At least the dead can still continue to cook. Otherwise I’d wholeheartedly agree. And I’m not 100% against it in a way I would be in a normal game. But I assume scum will still use their NK so it’s not like death can definitively be avoided!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will of course vote Ref to avoid the NL though since this is still mafia and all

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Insandenza posted:

I will of course vote Ref to avoid the NL though since this is still mafia and all

Can’t blame you there if you have to :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merk and I agree it's Sandwolf, how could anyone doubt that power couple?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Finished up at the march, I'm around now in case of any nolunch shenanigans

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Retro Futurist posted:

Merk and I agree it's Sandwolf, how could anyone doubt that power couple?

I can’t really say I see the case, but I’d throw a vote here if it meant I wasn’t the dunk. I’ll leave that up to more thoughts though.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hello I’m back, remember that time when I said I was gonna make something sweet and then vanished? Haha sick.

So here’s a cooking post:

I decided that the easiest thing to do would be making some cookies from a prepackaged mix. The mix is Betty crocker’s snickerdoodles and as we can see in the first image that I’ve already hosed up in two distinct ways.

1. Why did I add this BEFORE the mix?
2. That butter sure looked melted to me! (It’s “softened” because I didn’t read the directions.

Not pictured, I open a bottle of blue moon and begin to panic and pour in the mix.

O-oh. This comes with a package of cinnamon sugar inside the mix, oof. Well. Let’s dust that off and set it aside.

Not pictured: giving up and having to hand mix the dough because the butter isn’t warm enough

Small batch!

A-ah... thats... still worth points right? :(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lol Sandwolf that sure is an egg sandwich

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Those are some awfully round finished products. :)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Imgur won’t let me post the final image from my phone, yay!!!

Mafia content: I’m just gonna be repeating a lot of others in terms of “Day 1 is weird and sucks re:scum hunting”. Sorry for the D1 apathy. I promise to bring my A game, D2 :(

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
##vote ref

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Well, it’s not a regular game so I don’t have much of a claim, but I’ll tell you I only bought one spice because after the cookies I could see this coming. So grave robbers, you only get two spices total!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Vaya Con Dios, Referee

##vote Referee

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Referee (7): Scientastic, Bifauxnen, CapitalistPig, Sandwolf, ObamaAkbar., GenericGirlName, Hal Insandenza
Sandwolf (2): Scientastic, Scientastic, Retro Futurist, merk
CapitalistPig (1): Rhymes With Clue
GenericGirlName (1): Hal Insandenza, Referee, Hal Insandenza
Hal Insandenza (0): merk, merk
Scientastic (0): ObamaAkbar., Referee, ObamaAkbar., Referee
ObamaAkbar. (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (1): Idle Amalgam

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 18 minutes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Referee Town-Aligned Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo has been executed D1. You have until 10PM EST to get any last minute spice purchases, any spices bought after 10PM will not be available for use until D2.
The thread stays open at night, both cooking and game related chat is acceptable.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Referee's Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
For the chicken, I always prepare my chicken roughly according to this method.

Here's our ingredients, in two shots because I forgot the Italian Seasoning and the corn starch the first time. Let's get started on the chicken first. Brine the chicken breasts for about half an hour. Once that's done, preheat the oven to 450 degrees and melt a little butter and brush the chicken breasts with the butter. Then add your Italian seasoning and a little black pepper, if desired. Should come out looking something like this...

Then pop that bad boy in the oven for about half an hour. While that cooks, we'll get our Alfredo ready. I got this recipe from a friend of mine years ago after eating way too many lovely store-bought Alfredo sauces over the years as a young adult. Like the chicken recipe, I roughly follow this guide.

I don't keep fresh garlic around the house typically, so I'll be using garlic powder which works just fine (for my tastebuds anyhow). Melt the butter and garlic powder together. I'm roughly using the "3-person" quantities here because I like to freeze the leftover sauce to thaw and use on days where I don't want to spend half an hour making sauce.

Once your butter's melted, add the half and half and the parmesan, and then whisk slowly but steadily until everything is melted. Don't let your sauce actually boil if you can avoid it; it's really easy to break the sauce and then it's a huge pain trying to reincorporate the butter. Just stir, stir, stir...

If you like a thinner Alfredo sauce, it's fine to follow the recipe as posted. I like mine a little thicker, which is where our corn starch is going to come in.

Put a little corn starch in a small cup and stir in a splash of cold water (cold water is important here!). Then slowly add the result to your sauce. I always do a little at a time, probably not even a full teaspoon's worth, only because it's easy to make it too thick, which is fixable if you have more cheese and half and half on hand, but still a hassle and much more challenging if you don't.

This is about right for me, maybe even just a smidge on the too-thick side. Taste your sauce; sometimes I add a little more garlic or cheese at this step if the flavor isn't quite what I want, otherwise set it on low and set it aside. Make sure you still stir this every minute or two.

Fettuccine is pretty easy, just cook according to package directions. I like mine a little more al-dente than most, so I'll shoot for the lower end of the timing. I usually start the pasta once I've got most of my Alfredo sauce together.

Pull your chicken out, make sure it's made it to the recommended temperature of 165 degrees. Let it rest for a couple of minutes before you slice it.

Cut that bad boy up, put your pasta in your bowl, add your chicken and your sauce, and...

...you have your finished product! Enjoy!

Referee's Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is worth 25 points.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
That’s a good looking Alfredo. My roommate was just complaining that I never make Alfredo sauce from scratch.

Also after resting the cookies they taste fine, I apologize for my meltdown.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Please submit your actions by 10PM EST on 1/26/2021. Or earlier. Earlier is better.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I made the egg sandwich but I didn't have bacon.
did you eat it open face sandwich style with a knife and a fork or did you eat it in the traditional sandwich style :O

also

CapitalistPig posted:

Got an egg, pork floss, msg, salt, white pepper, spicy chili crisp and some bread.
that spicy chili crisp is awesome

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There’s a video in my confessional of me eating it like a proper sandwich

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

GenericGirlName posted:

That’s a good looking Alfredo. My roommate was just complaining that I never make Alfredo sauce from scratch.

:ghost: I can’t ever go back to store-bought, that’s for sure! :ghost:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
who bought brown sugar. Let's be masons

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

who bought brown sugar. Let's be masons

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Bifauxnen posted:

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't really think that is a funny statement ma'am.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

In honour of Ref’s untimely death, I will be dusting off my pasta machine for the first time in several years

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Scientastic posted:

In honour of Ref’s untimely death, I will be dusting off my pasta machine for the first time in several years

:ghost: Love it. I’ve never made pasta myself. Can’t wait to see how it turns out! :ghost:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

My brother bought me a pasta machine like a year ago and I’ve never used it. Maybe now is the time!

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Had a go at making the chicken alfredo!

First things first, prepare the chicken. I decided to go with chicken thighs, and I dry-brined them.

In they go to the fridge for a few hours.

After a few hours, I took them out and laid out the ingredients for the alfredo but I forgot to put out the pasta, garlic, and butter lol. The spices are paprika, basil, oregano, and thyme.

I laid out the chicken, covered them in olive oil, and smeared the amalgamation of spices on top before putting them in the oven. I preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, timed to 25 minutes.

Next, I poured out the heavy cream to reduce, stirring it around to prevent burning n' overflowing and the like.

Minced up 3 cloves of garlic.

Once the heavy cream has been reduced somewhat, I put butter in the pan, water in the pot, and salt in the water.

Next, the garlic.

Then, the reduced heavy cream.

Once the water hits a boil, noodles go in.

After the noodles get cooked, I put them in the pan along with parmesan and black pepper, and mix it all together. Pictured here is pre-mix.

Okay, chicken is done!

Here is the chicken + fettucine alfredo.

It turned out pretty good! It was my first time making alfredo sauce at home and it's def a world apart from store-bought. Got leftovers too!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist Town-Aligned Opop's Vincent Price's Steak Diane has been eaten Night 1.

Day 2 Starts Now.

Opop's Vincent Price's Steak Diane is worth 25 points.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (10): Bifauxnen, CapitalistPig, GenericGirlName, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, merk, ObamaAkbar., Rhymes With Clue, Sandwolf, Scientastic

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And our first spectator Recipe as well:
Sub Rosa's Panna Cotta

Ingredients:

3 cups half-and-half
3 teapsoons powdered gelatin
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch salt

Recipe:

1. Put the half-and-half in a saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin all over it and wait five minutes for it to bloom, which means it will sort of look wrinkled.

2. Over low heat, you don't want it to even simmer, stir/whisk until gelatin is dissolved. Should be about two minutes. If it gets too hot the gelatin won't thicken well, but it's also important to make sure the gelatin fully melts.

3. Add and dissolve sugar in the same manner.

4. Then the salt and the vanilla extract.

5. Divide equally into ramekins/molds that have been sprayed with cooking spray if you want them to release and be a pretty little thing.

6. Refrigerate overnight.

7. If unmolding run a knife just around the top edge of the sides and it should release. If it doesn't, make a warm water bath to briefly sit the ramekins in and then they should.

8. Top with whatever desserty things you like

Sub Rosa's Panna Cotta is worth 25 points.