Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

It's bad and it's not DOOM

god i'm so loving glad it's not doom haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

god i'm so loving glad it's not doom haha

Yeah, they would have hosed it up just like TLOU and changed Doom Guy to be a demon and all the demons are actually good guys and when you think about it the bunny was the REAL villain kinda makes you think huh

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

DOOM is a really great regular shooter that I forgot most of because it's so regular and whatever blood and guts monsters yadda yadda

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shammypants posted:

DOOM is a really great regular shooter that I forgot most of because it's so regular and whatever blood and guts monsters yadda yadda

Hell yeah

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f107lsDW_Y

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, they would have hosed it up just like TLOU and changed Doom Guy to be a demon and all the demons are actually good guys and when you think about it the bunny was the REAL villain kinda makes you think huh

okay buddy, enjoy....whatever it is that you enjoy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

okay buddy, enjoy....whatever it is that you enjoy

Mostly DOOM, Jet Moto, Hitman, and Metroid Prime

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Mostly DOOM, Jet Moto, Hitman, and Metroid Prime

and DOOM!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zurtilik posted:

and DOOM!

Hell yeah

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think Doom is neat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i want a factions 2 (because i want every sony game to get free mp dlc after release even if its silly and makes no sense like last guardian battle royal: 100 tricos drop on a ruined temple)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Those awful TLOU2 posts deface the good name of Al Swearengen

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Those awful TLOU2 posts deface the good name of Al Swearengen

LOL you enjoyed the bad video game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Well my new ps5 comes out of rest faster than my TV does.

I have to say, as an owner of a fancy pants NVMe PC, the load times on this thing are fantastic. If you’ve only been a console gamer this whole time it’s monumental what you’re getting for half a grand (or less.)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My ps5 strangely does not turn my tv and receiver on automatically when I turn it on like the ps4 did

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think Doom is neat.

Is emptyquoting allowed in this forum, because you can ignore this sentence if it is.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

does CEC work? I have a newer TV and can’t control the PS5 UI with the smart remote

Trying to sell their media remote :argh:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

DOOM is the ultimate expression of video game and stands tall and strong above all other video game

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Wheeee posted:

DOOM is the ultimate expression of video game and stands tall and strong above all other video game

Easily the best part of DOOM is some nerd is like "let me tell you the lore" and Doom Guy just smashes the monitor because lore is for dickless shitdweebs that cum farts in their diapers. Then Doom guy racks his shotgun and metal kicks in and for the next 9 hours you just blast poo poo.

No chest high walls. No tactical squad based bullshit. None of the boring garbage that ruined shooters for the last 15 years. Just straight balls to the wall run and gun action that punishes you for being a wuss who hides from a fight.

Rip and tear.

RIP AND TEAR.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that worked out well in Eternal lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

We don't talk about Doom Platformal

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

heads up doom huckster poster don't wanna talk about doom game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I only ever played the first episode of original DOOM

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Doom Eternal's problem is it gets to "let me tell you about the lore" and instead of further Ripping and Tearing instead sits you down to listen to a badly-written dramatic tale about how great and powerful The Slayer as he Ripped and Tore through Hell Eons Ago, instead of just letting you Rip and Tear Right This Instant.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I only ever played the first episode of original DOOM

doom 2016 is alright; i was too busy back then playing titanfall 2 to care tho and i have zero regrets

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

Its good, all the vo in ps1 mgs is still incredible, but kojima wanted the newer one, as reflected in mgs4. Director intent!

1-4 and pw i'd imagine. Can already play V on PSV,
so i dont see it. Tbh, i've only heard that from a rando, but mgs1 from legit sources who got other stuff right. But either way, they gotta bring them all :pray:

The cast stuff theyve been teasing does have mgs2-4/pw cast tho...
Well I mean they've already ported MGS2 and MGS3 before so that isn't a huge stretch.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Akuma posted:

Well I mean they've already ported MGS2 and MGS3 before so that isn't a huge stretch.

and MGS5 Peace Walker, so no need to include noted bad game MGSV :grin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like Doom a lot but that guy's posts are so bad it almost makes me like Doom less. Almost.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

I like Doom a lot but that guy's posts are so bad it almost makes me like Doom less. Almost.

What other things do you enjoy?

No reason. Just wondering.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What other things do you enjoy?

No reason. Just wondering.

The Last of Us Multiplayer.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
My router apparently doesn't support 5 GHz, and my limited knowledge tells me this is better for streaming.

I only ask because I tried remote play from the living room to the kitchen on my laptop, and there is enough 'input' lag or whatever to make playing battlefield not fun. My guy feels like half a second too sluggish and I lose most 1v1 fights.

Is remote play supposed to feel the same as if I was playing direct with the ps5, or is this tiny 'lag' to be expected?

My Internet speeds (according to a speedtest site ) are 45 down, 28 up and a 2 ms ping.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of Doom I feel like Ghostrunner makes Doom feel like slow mo by comparison. It's also probably going to make me ram my head through my television before I finish it, because it's the video game equivalent of getting punched in the dick, over and over, but I can't stop playing it. Some of these levels are absolute masochism.

I just watched some guy on Youtube beat a part I've died on like 150 times in 10 seconds and I just want to go sit in a corner and think about how bad I am for a bit.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 27, 2021

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

doom 2016 is alright; i was too busy back then playing titanfall 2 to care tho and i have zero regrets

Yeah I played doom 2016 too and yeah it was alright but I'm not enamoured with the franchise or anything and doom eternal does not look like something up my street

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in retrospect the last of us factions letting you connect it to your facebook and telling you how your friends were dying as you progressed was kind of weird

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Factions was great, TLOU2 was my GOTY 2020, I can't wait for Factions 2

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Factions is basically Counter Strike if literally everything about it was cooler.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

now that i am older and my arm doesnt work as well i am looking forward to being drugs person, giver of nail bombs in factions 2. that was only a sometimes job first time around but i'm gonna get into it as a primary thing now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

in retrospect the last of us factions letting you connect it to your facebook and telling you how your friends were dying as you progressed was kind of weird

Veni Veni Veni is considering cannibalism. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Man I'm playing some PS3 games and the DualShock 3 is still on three bars of battery after a week of no charging (and that battery is ten years old). What a luxury.