Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Like I was gonna tell her “it’s fine, just don’t rename kimchi” but then she would have freaked out about :
-what happens if kimchi dies
-what happens if I call kimchi Kimmers, or one of a dozen other nickname
-what if the kimchi runs away and his new family renames him

Kimchi for reference:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I just got a notification that something I ordered for my Santee has now been canceled, which threw a bit of a monkey wrench in my plans. I’ve got some other cool stuff good to go, but a replacement item I ordered won’t arrive until between the 1-4.

I won’t be leaving my dude in the lurch, but it’s gonna be a little while before my gift makes it out.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
@Geizkragen, now that 40 days have elapsed, I'll start the inquiry regarding the shipment, gonna PM you some deets since I need a "written confirmation of non-receipt by the addressee" (i.e. a casual email saying "lol, poo poo's not here) to hand in

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I never posted what I received, and I apologize for the delay.

the package started with a README.txt as life should:

Naked Bear loving came through:

The Mission Gose was probably my favorite out of the beers. This entire box was wonderful, and although I didn't get to share it directly with my dad, we did get to chat a lot about it. He's got some of the coffee at home in k-cups. It is loving potent. I mix it with decaf.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress my tables, that looks tasty

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

gently caress my tables, that looks tasty

It was all amazing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hey everyone, we're approaching the end of January.

It's been a loving crazy year so I'm allowing a bit more flexibility than we have in the past.

If you haven't received anything yet, please make a post here and I'll try follow up on it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The last of my Santee’s stuff arrived today so I’ll drop it in the mail on Thursday or Friday.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
I haven't received anything.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
Haven't received anything yet. Already working with Duzzy on where it went.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ataxerxes posted:

I haven't received anything.

There are things on the way to you, I have been told

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Geizkragen posted:

Haven't received anything yet. Already working with Duzzy on where it went.

I've sent you the deets on the inquiry and added your email to the process, so you should get the same updates/results as I do.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the delay is due to a massive Covid backlog, but if it's not and it's trapped forever in shipping limbo, the package is insured for 50 bucks, so I'll use that to make it up to you if/once they pay out.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

My Santee’s stuff went out yesterday. Should be arriving on Friday via FedEx.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

"Honey, you've got a huge package!" My wife called from downstairs.

"Tell me something I don't know!" I replied, chortling at my own razor-sharp wit.

"No, really! One of the neighbors just brought it up from the mail area."

So what could this be?

names omitted to protect the guilty

Lo and behold, a huge box. A box from New Zealand.

New Zealand...Who do I know there? Oh god. OH GOD!

Mindful of the presence of glitterbombs and spring-loaded dildos, I asked my wife and Lando to stay in another room while I opened the box.

Man, those wacky Kiwis sure have some ideas about packing insulation, I thought. Little did I know...

And just how the hell am I supposed to know what this is?

Ok, now this is starting to make more sense! I like snacks! Oh wait, it's for Lando.

Once I realized there wasn't going to be a glitterbomb detonation and there weren't any sex toys in the box, I called my wife back in and we enjoyed some of these delicious sweets while I went through the rest of the box.

Really looking forward to getting into these!

Frankly, I don't know whether I should eat these or proudly display the bag's amazing art, depicting a rugged man (Great Uncle Kenny, I assume) defending himself, his Snacka Changi Chips and a comely lass against a vicious boar-like creature.

But wait, there's more!

It's my very own towel of Saint Ashley Bloomfield. the man who spared NZ from COVID!

And also a limited edition Slavic Crime Yacht t-shirt! (with sleepy Lando for scale)

Definitely gets his seal of approval.

And at the very bottom of the box, a nice note, addressed to me, my wife and Lando, explaining what everything is! It turns out the bag of white fluff wasn't some environmentally sustainable packing material made from recycled people breaking quarantine, but a bundle of Luca's fur!

I've decided to save what's on the flash drive for my work webex tomorrow, where I'll proudly explain to all of my coworkers what Something Awful and Secret Satan are, and proceed to plug in the drive to my work computer and share my screen while we watch some great Kiwi films. What could possibly go wrong?

Seriously TF, you rock. There's some cool and fun (and tasty) stuff in here, and you're a stud for sending all of this to me. I have no idea what I'm going to do with a bag full of Luca's fur (or for that matter an enormous poster of him taking a dump) but I genuinely appreciate this and all of the work you put in for organizing this for us each year. We didn't get to do Goonysburg last year, but this is the next best thing.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 4, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What the hell is that shirt? :stare:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

TF waited to mail his gifts to make sure he could beat all the others. Jesus Christ.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

What the hell is that shirt? :stare:

It's one of my shirts from the Slavic Crime. Pre-impregnated with my sweat, blood, and tears.

The design on the back is the outline of the vessel, Ourway was the name of the yacht.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Light posted:

TF waited to mail his gifts to make sure he could beat all the others. Jesus Christ.

I mean you set a pretty loving high bar last year

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hey Brute Squad, you get anything in the mail yesterday?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Yes, sorry, it's been a busy day.

Package arrived a day early, but I couldn't open it until today.

Starting off with a card from Pantsless With Wolves

Katey Sagel is a doll. And there was a lovely note inside.

This is my new favorite mug.

and some delicious smelling coffee.

And something new to pick up. I watch way too many defcon and lock picking lawyer videos.

And the pièce de résistance. An autographed picture of Lando. Eat it nerds.

I love it all. Thanks Pantsless!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The perfect way to wrap this one up.

Awesome poo poo and a great doggo, in February.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

gonna start a doggo wall next time i move.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Nice! Glad it all got there safely. Enjoy and have fun with the picks- it can be frustrating at first but once you pop that lock open for the first time you’ll be hooked.

My folks turned me onto that coffee last year and I’ve enjoyed working my way through their offerings. They have a ton of flavored coffees like Dutch chocolate, lava cake and Irish creme, and while I’ve never been much for flavored coffee, theirs tend to be quite good and not at all overpowering.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

When I initiated my tracking inquiry with DHL, they said "this shipment actually was processed with Deutsche Post, so you need to file the inquiry with them", so I did.
It took Deutsche Post 5 days to process my request and come up with "turns out this is actually a DHL shipment, we have forwarded your inquiry to be processed by them".

It's loving February :(

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I drink coffee or tea from my Satan mug almost every night after dinner. The cold weather mask does get in the way so I use a straw when drinking my tea. Is it weird that people look at me strange with my new Covid mask that was gifted to me? Geiger counter still reads the same, I might have a radon problem brewing under my house.

Thanks Secret Satan!

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Well unfortunately the challenges of international shipping may have been too great to overcome this year with COVID as I still haven't received my mystery box.

However

I did, in lieu of a present, get the best email I've gotten in a very, very long time. Here, translated from the original German:

quote:

Ladies and gentlemen,

As requested, I listed the contents and value of my shipment below.
A PDF file with graphical representations of the content can be found in the attachment.

Shipment content:
1. Glass bottle with wooden handle cork, 100ml
a. Number: 3 pieces
b. Brand: Guevo
c. Description: Glass bottle filled with homemade chili sauce
d. Value / piece:
e. Value, total:
f. Weight, total: 0.684kg
2. Wooden bottle opener in penis shape
a. Number: 1 piece
b. Brand: Unknown
c. Description: Wooden bottle opener... in the form of an average male penis (circumcised)
d. Value / piece:
e. Value, total:
f. Weight, total: 0.100kg

(No actual pictures of the cut bottle opener penis)

Thanks for the effort and amazingly funny email Duzzy.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Unless there's any objections, I think it's fair to declare an amnesty. It seems to me like everyone at least made an effort to send something - at least as far as I can tell, I think I've chased up any outstanding - and it really is beyond everyone's control that the world went nuts.

Thanks, everyone.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Thanks for hosting, that was cool!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Geizkragen posted:

Well unfortunately the challenges of international shipping may have been too great to overcome this year with COVID as I still haven't received my mystery box.

However

I did, in lieu of a present, get the best email I've gotten in a very, very long time. Here, translated from the original German:

(No actual pictures of the cut bottle opener penis)

Thanks for the effort and amazingly funny email Duzzy.

Since I assume DHL have essentially written-off the possibility of actually tracing or recovering your package and are getting ready to refund the value (including - they loving better - the shipping cost), I'll shoot you a Steam voucher with the refund.
Or Amazon gift card, or whatever you can think of.

Thanks for doing this for yet another year, Doppelfings!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since I assume DHL have essentially written-off the possibility of actually tracing or recovering your package and are getting ready to refund the value (including - they loving better - the shipping cost), I'll shoot you a Steam voucher with the refund.
Or Amazon gift card, or whatever you can think of.

Thanks for doing this for yet another year, Doppelfings!

If you don't send store credit to a dildo shop then you've learned nothing from this thread.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

bengy81 posted:

If you don't send store credit to a dildo shop then you've learned nothing from this thread.

He should send a gift certificate for a Balldo!
https://www.balldo.com/

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Mr. S has gift cards.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

If there is still something coming my way can you send me the tracking code? Our mail service is having issues notifying people that they should pick stuff up.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Thanks a ton M_Gargantua ! The local post service hadn't sent me a notice to pick these up but they were still there.

https://imgur.com/L0uWMm4

I have heard great things about Command and Control. And the nerf gun will come handy.

Edit: poo poo, new picture without that.

Ataxerxes fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 25, 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That link has your real name attached dude

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Six Frigates is also a really good book.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Got a package today! Only took three months!

Great letter included in the package:

Spicy goods:

Fits in with the rest of the family:

Thanks for the hot sauces Duzzy. I had fun explaining this whole thing to my wife when she saw the bottle opener (geschnitten).

Geizkragen fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 3, 2021

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

This was worth the wait. Goddamn.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Geizkragen posted:

Got a package today! Only took three months!

Great letter included in the package:

Spicy goods:

Fits in with the rest of the family:

Thanks for the hot sauces Duzzy. I had fun explaining this whole thing to my wife when she saw the bottle opener (geschnitten).

I was sitting in the waiting room of my orthopedist when I read your email this morning, and audibly went "Ach du Scheiße", to the confusing of the only other patient.
Happy it actually made it there, I had written it off after the actual-human-answer I got to my circumcision-support-email.

Just keep them in the fridge after opening, they all have a low PH, and I'm clinical as gently caress with my sterilization/bottling/pasteurization procedure, but as with all homemade food products: better to be on the safe side.
I'm told the Lemon Drop and Peaches 'n Scream ( (c) by EBB) go particularly well with seafood.

The latter is also a party-pleaser when you're feeding drunk-and-overconfident friends a tiny bit for tasting, because it's actually spicier than the one made with chocolate habanero and reapers. :)

/edit: Those are not stock images of chilis, by the way, those are the actual plants growing on / harvested from my balcony. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I can probably unpin this thread now.