Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

if it scares the death out of you isn’t that a good thing? bring it on. not today, death.

The scary part is the number of times Bryan is going to get dropped on the back of his head/neck and Bryan doesn't think it'll be enough times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

it scares that person because it is the rated r superstar edge risking his life in more matches

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

it scares that person because it is the rated r superstar edge risking his life in more matches

Battle of the Spears, Edge vs. Goldberg.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Really trying to rack my brain for what could be a scary finish. Maybe Goldberg loses to Drew, enters rumble, wins rumble and then challenges Roman?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Vince enters at 30 and fires everyone in the ring, winning the match. They’ve been told ahead of time it’s a work but it’s actually real.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

To me the idea that WWE could pull off a vaguely competent finish to a Rumble seems like a more scary thought than them doing something very very stupid, at this point

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pretty surprising to me that nobody has brought up the possibility of HHH yet

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Bray's going to win the Rumble, then somebody dressed as The Fiend is going to stand at the entrance ramp and Cole's gonna scream "What does it MEAN?"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Bray's going to win the Rumble, then somebody dressed as The Fiend is going to stand at the entrance ramp and Cole's gonna scream "What does it MEAN?"

That would be funny and excellent I hope they do it

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

IcePhoenix posted:

they said scary, not boring

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Scary to me is something like Nia Jax winning by border tossing Daniel Bryan over the top rope

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

28 and 29 will eliminate each other, causing 30 to win before they buzzer even hits.

30 will probably be someone that will piss people off, Lesnar, Corbin, or Seth maybe

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

karmicknight posted:

Battle of the Spears, Edge vs. Goldberg.

vs Tye Dillinger

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Eat My Fuc posted:

28 and 29 will eliminate each other, causing 30 to win before they buzzer even hits.

30 will probably be someone that will piss people off, Lesnar, Corbin, or Seth maybe

Lana

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Eat My Fuc posted:

They are pre-announcing who 30 is on Saturday, which I think will be pretty teling in terms of theories on what’s going to happen.

I can think a lot of dumb and boring ways to end the rumble, but I can’t imagine many finishes so terrible as to get the reaction Wrestle Votes posted.

Broadly, most possibilities fall under one of these:

-An overpushed person who WWE is forcing on fans wins over an underdog favourite (not a real problem in the men’s division right now)

-A gently caress finish with no immediate clear winner

-A broken down Legend wins over current stars (HHH, Goldberg, Hogan, Taker...)

-Fiend Nonsense (possibly cinematic)

-Winner is one of the accused Speaking Out abusers (Dream, Riddle, Theory)

- LOLBROCKWINS and humiliates the whole roster

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's astounding to me that they are locking in their number 30 option so far in advance.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Dacap posted:

They are pre-announcing who 30 is on Saturday, which I think will be pretty teling in terms of theories on what’s going to happen.

I can think a lot of dumb and boring ways to end the rumble, but I can’t imagine many finishes so terrible as to get the reaction Wrestle Votes posted.

Broadly, most possibilities fall under one of these:

-An overpushed person who WWE is forcing on fans wins over an underdog favourite (not a real problem in the men’s division right now)

-A gently caress finish with no immediate clear winner

-A broken down Legend wins over current stars (HHH, Goldberg, Hogan, Taker...)

-Fiend Nonsense (possibly cinematic)

-Winner is one of the accused Speaking Out abusers (Dream, Riddle, Theory)

- LOLBROCKWINS and humiliates the whole roster

- surprise monster like Aj’s bodyguard or that Raw underground guy wins

- Slap Jack

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

- surprise monster like Aj’s bodyguard or that Raw underground guy wins

This is actually good and more interesting to me! At least it’d be taking a chance on someone not really established which is rare in WWE

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I just can't get over how stupid this all is. They announce #30, at which point you've:

1) Spoiled the surprise return or debut of someone
2) Either guaranteed that he wins, which spoils the entire fun of the Rumble
3) Or guaranteed that he loses, at which point why even announce it?

What is the benefit of this except for getting a few extra people to tweet about the Rumble? I sure as hell will not be watching it, I'll just watch twitter for any returns or fun spots.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

considering the chatter regarding nobody having any idea what's going to make the card for Mania, i'm guessing they're going with a gently caress finish to buy some time while they figure out what to do.

comedy option: it's Rock winning from 29 doing minimal work and then never appearing in person again until the match vs Roman at Mania

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

oldskool posted:

considering the chatter regarding nobody having any idea what's going to make the card for Mania, i'm guessing they're going with a gently caress finish to buy some time while they figure out what to do.

comedy option: it's Rock winning from 29 doing minimal work and then never appearing in person again until the match vs Roman at Mania

They are 100% saving Rock/Roman for the Hollywood Mania

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

I just can't get over how stupid this all is. They announce #30, at which point you've:

1) Spoiled the surprise return or debut of someone
2) Either guaranteed that he wins, which spoils the entire fun of the Rumble
3) Or guaranteed that he loses, at which point why even announce it?

What is the benefit of this except for getting a few extra people to tweet about the Rumble? I sure as hell will not be watching it, I'll just watch twitter for any returns or fun spots.

With no crowds they think possibly bringing in a few extra viewers is worth it when you can't get a pop.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, it gives that episode a potential hook and live crowds are fake now so who cares.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
They announced Truth as #30 two years ago and he never made it into the match. So announcing someone doesn't mean it's set in stone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For all my criticisms of WWE I don't think announcing 30 ahead of time is one of them. I feel like they used to do that all the time. It just seems like the thing now has become for 30 to be some surprise but like... you can just do that at 29. A good surprise will be a good surprise regardless of what number they enter at.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they've announced #30 in advance before when they used to do number drawings and 30 is not always a surprise wrestler

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

karmicknight posted:

It's astounding to me that they are locking in their number 30 option so far in advance.

hmmm... so Trips is definitely coming out as an unannounced #31 and winning, huh

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Aye Doc posted:

hmmm... so Dabba Kato is definitely coming out as an unannounced #31 and winning, huh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nobody cares about Rumble spots anymore. Becky won in a year where they explicitly said she wouldn't be in it. They kinda just do whatever the gently caress nowadays.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

Nobody cares about Rumble spots anymore. Becky won in a year where they explicitly said she wouldn't be in it. They kinda just do whatever the gently caress nowadays.

My favorite was the year they said Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be in it, and he wasn't in it, and people got upset because they were still certain he was going to be in it.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Davros1 posted:

My favorite was the year they said Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be in it, and he wasn't in it, and people got upset because they were still certain he was going to be in it.

That's because people thought WWE wouldn't be stupid enough to not have the most over guy in the Rumble. Alas, WWE was stupid enough and thus Rey Mysterio got the worst boos he had ever gotten in his entire career.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Or when people were certain Samoa Joe was going to be #30 one year and it was... Roman Reigns.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Or when people were certain Samoa Joe was going to be #30 one year and it was... Roman Reigns.

well it was a Samoan named Joe, so

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That just reminded me of Samoa Joe's robot arm. The 2k20 story mode deserved a much better game. It was not great but compared to the rest of 2k20 it was golden.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Aye Doc posted:

hmmm... so Trips is definitely coming out as an unannounced #31 and winning, huh

If Vince comes out and does the Dario Cueto promo word for word WWE will be completely redeemed

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

i think this was elevated by samoe joe actually debuting literally the next night, wherein he reinjured seth rollins and put in jeopardy hhh's big mania match as well. that poo poo had me laughin

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Procrastinator posted:

i think this was elevated by samoe joe actually debuting literally the next night, wherein he reinjured seth rollins and put in jeopardy hhh's big mania match as well. that poo poo had me laughin

Wasn't that Seth's own stupid fault because he oversold the hell out of the sleeper and twisted his knee?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't that Seth's own stupid fault because he oversold the hell out of the sleeper and twisted his knee?

I've never seen it confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybGZ6RnaCQ&t=189s

Seth is moving all over, when Joe goes for the scissors takedown he's at an awkward angle.

He makes a weird grunt sound at the same time too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I don’t know if he did it before the show or during the broadcast, but Ted DiBiase buying number 30 was great heel work. Then the next year he draws number one, and nobody wants to sell theirs to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I don’t know if he did it before the show or during the broadcast, but Ted DiBiase buying number 30 was great heel work. Then the next year he draws number one, and nobody wants to sell theirs to him.

I loved the recurring gag that Dibiase always had lovely numbers after the 89 Rumble.