Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

tk posted:

Published Date: January 23, 2021

So somebody fell asleep with their phone on their chest and it hosed up their pacemaker?

might be a response to this

https://www.heartrhythmjournal.com/article/S1547-5271(20)31227-3/fulltext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Apple gives you a lightning cable for free

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

implant touching, heart stopping

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

thread title.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
that's how hugh hefner died

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

huh does the Medtronic device use a magnet nearby as some sort of signal?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

that's how hugh hefner died
:laffo:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

thread title.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

huh does the Medtronic device use a magnet nearby as some sort of signal?

pacemakers all have a feature where doctors can temporarily disable them by putting a magnet on the person’s chest.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mr. Nice! posted:

thread title.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

so is it the 12 magnet array specifically or is this not also an issue for anyone with the magnet smuggling scheme known as the ipad pro?

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Gentle Autist posted:

i got an m1 macbook air on sale for 15% off or something which was mildly unbeleivable given how new they are. its really great. i like that is is just a loving laptop, its not gimmicky at all, it just has a keyboard and a screen and poo poo works well. the only mildly bullshitty thing has been brew, but that's just a few formulae here and there (like neovim).

i think i have also reached critical mass with usb-c now, and it doesn't annoy me anymore. monitor, work laptop, home laptop, switch are all usb-c. hooray im living in the future

i paid full retail for mine but it’s ok because the m1 air owns. it’s an actual good laptop, like Apple used to make before the Touch Bar and the butterfly keyboard. the lack of ports kinda sucks but the m1 makes up for it. fanless but still plenty fast for laptop things, including dev

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ios14 text selection is supremely terrible. i can’t believe they made it worse than ios13

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
iOS 14.4 introduces a rain predictor in the weather app. I assume this is something they merged in from that weather app they bought.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
if it’s the thing I’m thinking of, it’s been in there a while

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

the talent deficit posted:

apple music is the only service worth paying for and even then only if you refuse to use spotify for some reason

I’ve been using Apple Fitness+ for the last two weeks (since I got my Series 6 watch). The yoga workouts in particular are extremely good. Originally I was just going to use the three-month free trial and hope that by the end of it I’d be vaccinated and be able to go to the gym again, but now I’m pretty sure I’ll keep it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

What is the newest apple computer that can't update past 10.12?

One of my students has that situation and is upset that they can't install the current adobe suite, and like I really do feel for the ones who are financially struggling and have to make do with what they have but at the same time I have a feeling that the computer must be really old considering that os is like five generations old now

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sagebrush posted:

Hrm... I don’t see any limited to 10.12 here. There seem to be a lot of cutoffs in the 10.11 (which seem to be models up to early 2009) and 10.13 (with models starting in late 2009 through around 2011).

https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-macos-supported.html

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

One of my students has that situation and is upset that they can't install the current adobe suite, and like I really do feel for the ones who are financially struggling and have to make do with what they have but at the same time I have a feeling that the computer must be really old considering that os is like five generations old now

the m1 macbook pro

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

LanceHunter posted:

Hrm... I don’t see any limited to 10.12 here. There seem to be a lot of cutoffs in the 10.11 (which seem to be models up to early 2009) and 10.13 (with models starting in late 2009 through around 2011).

https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-macos-supported.html

maybe they dont have enough hard disk space to perform the upgrade?

unlikely, cause school poo poo takes up a lot of space so they prob have an external or something to shovel crap onto when internal disk gets full, but maybe they're just lazy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
10 years ago today stebe (pbuh) revealed the iPad. this gave us many years of comedy as competitors tried to make their own.

rip crunchpad

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PadFone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rip joojoo and its 34 pre orders

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqjoRMHyYQc

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

The Management posted:

iOS 14.4 introduces a rain predictor in the weather app. I assume this is something they merged in from that weather app they bought.

yeah its the dark sky one and its annoying because it only ever comes up immediately around rain. i never think to screenshot it when it comes up tho

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The Management posted:

10 years ago today stebe (pbuh) revealed the iPad. this gave us many years of comedy as competitors tried to make their own.

rip crunchpad

Oh man, remember everyone freaking out about how the name iPad was terrible and people would only ever think of menstrual products when they hear it?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

rip crunchpad

rip to a real one, hp touchpad, with the only good mobile os ui metaphor

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Get this: More like "whypad"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

rip to a real one, hp touchpad, with the only good mobile os ui metaphor

was that the one where the license information was printed on a little slide-out plastic card?

other highlights of early tablet computers:

hardware ctrl-alt-del buttons

the motorola xoom shipping with a "coming soon" fake sim card [and also the sd card slot didn't work]

dell terrorizing one of its offices and getting a swat team called because two executives dressed up like scary bikers to get the staff hyped

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
yesterday I used my ipad professional edition to do something for my professional job for the second or third time ever. it was only a minor pain in the rear end and the pencil was actually useful

will wonders never cease

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Casual Encountess posted:

yeah its the dark sky one and its annoying because it only ever comes up immediately around rain. i never think to screenshot it when it comes up tho

thunder weather app icon only happens when it's raining

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if we switch from sketch to figma figma balls I'll theoretically be able to work on an ipad but I probably won't

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

thunder weather app icon only happens when it's raining
:hmmyes:

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

qirex posted:

was that the one where the license information was printed on a little slide-out plastic card?

other highlights of early tablet computers:

hardware ctrl-alt-del buttons

the motorola xoom shipping with a "coming soon" fake sim card [and also the sd card slot didn't work]

dell terrorizing one of its offices and getting a swat team called because two executives dressed up like scary bikers to get the staff hyped

yes the touchpad had the pop out license info. rip to the best tablet ui ever

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

webos lives on in my oled tv :angel:

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/01/27/icloud-windows-chrome-extension-icloud-passwords/

Thank you, Tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
was it the xoom or the playbook that had the flaw where if they discharged their batteries down to 0% they would never charge or startup ever again?