Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Agean90 posted:

pretty sure one of the reason this blew up like it did is spite

they’re gonna give us our $2000 one way or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

Novasol posted:

That was for AMC, not GME, should have clarified. Then again, maybe you meant that too. Who knows!

I meant it for AMC. Wait till the market opens, give it a half hour to shake off the Amateur Hours trading, and make a market order for whatever number of shares meets your desires.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

soup. posted:

I meant it for AMC. Wait till the market opens, give it a half hour to shake off the Amateur Hours trading, and make a market order for whatever number of shares meets your desires.

K. Will do!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
everyone, everything i learned about investing was wrong. beg, borrow, steal, or murder whoever you need to to get more money into AMC. this is a risk free investment, it is literally free money.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

haven't been to Atlantic City in a minute so sure, I'll throw some spare cash into the dying movie theater chain. Let's see!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

less than an hour away from fun times.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

amc gonna drop like a rock at open and then shoot back up by midday cause that's the market baby

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ok I figured out how to use limit orders. I have $500 to play with so I set a limit of $25 for 20 shares. As long as it is below that at open of extended hours, I will get at least 20 shares, I think

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

He gazed up at the enormous Bloomberg terminal. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark monitor. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Number.

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

cumshitter posted:

everyone, everything i learned about investing was wrong. beg, borrow, steal, or murder whoever you need to to get more money into AMC. this is a risk free investment, it is literally free money.

It literally is free money. And it's coming by means of jamming a loving wide bore steel shunt straight into the aorta of the worst loving bloated leech criminals that'll never see justice in any other way.

I'm not gonna indulge in some of my more colorful trading talk, but you get the idea.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So, uh, what's the fastest way to buy?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

soup. posted:

hmm or maybe I should do this, but I would hate to see the price double before I get in

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Legit financial types, does the stuff involving the hypothetical bid off to cover shorted shares actually make sense? I find it very interesting from a theory standpoint-- that several entities have gotten into a position where they could conceivably have to bid against themselves to cover 70 million some shorted shares when the number of available shares to buy doesn't even cover the amount owed.

Am I missing something? Because as far as everything I have read that is the suggested position. What's to stop the firms from just saying "gently caress it, we can't cover" and completely melting down.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

soup. posted:

I'm not gonna indulge in some of my more colorful trading talk, but you get the idea.
no please indulge

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

triple sulk posted:

what do today

turn on your monitor

mash amc and bb and koss

watch

sell when you make enough money

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
lol I can't sign up for Robinhood for some reason

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

soup. posted:

It literally is free money. And it's coming by means of jamming a loving wide bore steel shunt straight into the aorta of the worst loving bloated leech criminals that'll never see justice in any other way.

do it

but also please be aware that the military industrial complex goons are even worse

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
the fomo in this thread is concerning ngl

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

wolfs posted:

turn on your monitor

mash amc and bb and koss

watch

sell when you make enough money

best buy?? what is $koss

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
so we should keep buying the meme stocks, especially amc. is there a plan on how high to get it? or just to the moon

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

a new study bible! posted:

Legit financial types, does the stuff involving the hypothetical bid off to cover shorted shares actually make sense? I find it very interesting from a theory standpoint-- that several entities have gotten into a position where they could conceivably have to bid against themselves to cover 70 million some shorted shares when the number of available shares to buy doesn't even cover the amount owed.

Am I missing something? Because as far as everything I have read that is the suggested position. What's to stop the firms from just saying "gently caress it, we can't cover" and completely melting down.

one of them has allegedly done exactly that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

cumshitter posted:

I can no longer detect irony

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Comrades, if you make bank off this absurdity, remember to donate some of it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

oxsnard posted:

it's not fomo if you're actually buying in

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Red Baron posted:

So wouldn't that cause the goons holding thousands of shares in GME to just be entirely hosed?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
im seeing a new crop of degenerate gamblers develop right before my eyes goongrats

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

so we should keep buying the meme stocks, especially amc. is there a plan on how high to get it? or just to the moon

Im content with a quaint 100% profit margin

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

oxsnard posted:

It is very real *staring at amc and gme stock ticker*

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

soup. posted:

its not im joking and its still gambling for loving real

do not invest more than you are willing to write off as a fun time

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So I'm going to buy a little AMC at open and wait to buy some more, does that sound reasonable

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

best buy?? what is $koss

blackberry and KOSS headphones

I’m probably wrong

soup knows stonks and soup

just do AMC or do whatever

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
It's a game of financial chicken, and we're all mad enough to start it out by unbolting the steering wheel and throwing it out the window in full view of the other driver before flooring it. I can feel it, I can almost literally feel the spite driving these trades.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

shyduck posted:

So I'm going to buy a little AMC at open and wait to buy some more, does that sound reasonable
uphold soup thought:

soup. posted:

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

soup. posted:

It literally is free money.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

oxsnard posted:

goons are always wrong so inevitably it's all going to crash literally instantly

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
this is seriously like watching a group of people load up their first crackpipe knowing that a decent number of them are going to be selling blowjobs for 10 bucks in like 6 months

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
If I cant do pre market ordering should I just put in a buy order for AMC for whatever it opens at? Or try and quick buy into a dip when it goes wild after open?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Red Baron posted:

I guess I am wondering why they all havent just said "gently caress off" already. If it's a mathematically untenable position why wait this long to pop the bubble? Personal profits? Praying for a miracle? Seems like the smart move would have been to just accept the destruction rather than drag it out

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

oxsnard posted:

im seeing a new crop of degenerate gamblers develop right before my eyes goongrats

I don't think you can blame goons for this one.

Although spamming memes about just throwing money at the market and number go up were always enabling this kind of behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i feel like i'm gonna barf

Because you now have so much money you don't know what else to do or because you've gazed on the naked face of the system and are in despair?