Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Makima doesn't need to be alive to have a presence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I could see Makima's legacy looming large over Nayuta, similar to the prophecy in Yogen no Nayuta

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yak of Wrath posted:

I could see Makima's legacy looming large over Nayuta, similar to the prophecy in Yogen no Nayuta

One thing I'm curious about is if we'll get any inner monologue for Nayuta.

One of Makima's distinguishing traits was that (unlike Denji, Power, Aki, Himeno, Angel, and even Aldo) we never got a look in her head. We had to figure things out from context, and she lied enough to make even that unreliable. Nayuta getting the same treatment would make it hard to play up the conflict from her history with Makima's legacy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope we get more Yoshida in part 2 also.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

EmmyOk posted:

I hope we get more Yoshida in part 2 also.

I was surprised he never showed up in the endgame. Smart move on his part to skip it.

According to the wiki he's a high schooler? Didn't remember that. Potential classmate for Denji?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm really hoping that kobeni is denji's teacher.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

She's going to be the lunch lady.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I think she'd suffer more if she had to handle Nayuta.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Alopex posted:

She's going to be the lunch lady.

Denji asks for a burger

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

POV: you're bringing your friend some cake

https://twitter.com/SHIHEILIN/status/1340171979546980352?s=20

Volume 10 cover

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
that cover exerts a great deal of power

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it also exeunts a great deal of power

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Oxxidation posted:

it also exeunts a great deal of power
:golfclap:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The WSJ banner this week had half an image of luffy surrounded by characters from other manga with random OP characters drawn by those authors. No Fujimoto and if we missed out and it’s not there next week I’ll be pissed. Cos the authors did super one ones like MHA guy drawing deku with Don Krieg lol

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The idea that Kobeni is technically one of the only adults that Denji knows is terrifying.

Mostly for Kobeni.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

The idea that Kobeni is technically one of the only adults that Denji knows is terrifying.

Mostly for Kobeni.

I mean, Kobeni's not much younger than Aki (two years at most). She's just so tiny that she seems younger. (Short a character book contradicting it, the best estimate I can get puts her a few inches above four foot even. Himeno, meanwhile, is something like 5'10''. Not something I noticed first time through, but puke girl is remarkably tall.)

At least Denji can take care of himself now. He's learned to cook, he's lived on his own for months (not like Power was going to do much in the way of chores without being forced into it), the money he got from Aki and the salary he stashed away should keep him going through high school, and he's been responsibly caring for Makima's dogs ever since he moved into her place.

Really, all he'll need another adult for is looking after Nayuta while he's at school. And what could traumatize Kobeni about that?

(Everything. Also, apparently the whole "Nayuta is Makima and Denji's kid" thing might not be concrete, since I'm not finding secondary sources. Have found a lot of people talking about how Power was inspired by the Grand Lebowski, though. Also, some people suggesting that Gunbuster was an inspiration for the Gun Devil scene, which tracks.)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1354359699022471168?s=20

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Only replying so people think part 2 might be announced

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Denji photos too

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1354347143969050624?s=19

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'm binging all of CSM at a rapid pace, just finished chapter 38, and I just wanted to say that was the best tournament arc I've ever seen.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

graham cracker posted:

I'm binging all of CSM at a rapid pace, just finished chapter 38, and I just wanted to say that was the best tournament arc I've ever seen.

:getin:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CSM continues to have absolutely goated fan animations

https://twitter.com/m_a_c4788lcl/status/1354362720288575497?s=21

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Weird thing there?

The official color release of the manga has Power's hair as a light pink. Meanwhile the nendo has her hair be ash blonde.

We will never be free from the "pink or blonde" debate.

Also, man. Rereading Chainsaw Man is a rewarding experience. You get a lot of foreshadowing for the ending, of course, but the smaller details also come up.

One of the big ones I didn't catch on my own is when Reze is trying to run away. What stops her isn't looking at the flower on its own. It's seeing the flower came from a charity.

Reze is willing to run away with Denji instead of alone because she sees that Denji is a good guy. And she dies because of that. Meanwhile, Madoka is clearly a paranoid bastard (barely talks, sits in the corner, has been with Public Safety for a long time judging by his partner's dialogue) and that lets him survive when almost everyone else died.

Really good manga.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/evangelina_cos/status/1358325413441728512?s=20

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Official fan art contest winners were posted recently, some really rad stuff

https://twitter.com/marymushii/status/1333409495465086977

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hargrimm posted:

:aaa:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

We also got the final cover for the first part.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just noticed on zoom in of the fanart that the heart is pochita curled up

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Official Chainsaw Man stream this morning.

They already announced a voice comic for Nayuta of the Prophecy.

Interesting thing with this one is that the leads aren't rookies, which is what I've heard is the standard for this format. They're actually reasonably accomplished voice actors, with multiple lead or co-lead roles, including in some pretty big name productions. (Nayuta's VA is co-starring in the Inuyasha sequel airing now, for example.)

Not sure if it's going anywhere, or what else the stream is going to show, but it's unexpected enough to be worth a mention.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hargrimm posted:

A lot of the art there is pretty good but holy poo poo this one is amazing.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Ah I just miss it so much. Once a week opening this thread up and just being blown away. The only manga I really followed.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

There's too many good choices
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1367528068730908673?s=19

Makima? The happy burger mascot? A random mouse? How can I choose?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I voted for Kobeni! I did my part, did you?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Jerkface posted:

I voted for Kobeni! I did my part, did you?

Somebody misspelled Kobeni's Car

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I get the feeling Kobeni wouldn't want anyone voting for her

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Since when does Kobeni get what she wants?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Unit24 posted:

Since when does Kobeni get what she wants?

She wanted someone to help her at family burger and by god she got it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

did the super intense stream countdown really end wit ha "thanks for watching" gag lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

chiasaur11 posted:

Official Chainsaw Man stream this morning.

They already announced a voice comic for Nayuta of the Prophecy.

Interesting thing with this one is that the leads aren't rookies, which is what I've heard is the standard for this format. They're actually reasonably accomplished voice actors, with multiple lead or co-lead roles, including in some pretty big name productions. (Nayuta's VA is co-starring in the Inuyasha sequel airing now, for example.)

Not sure if it's going anywhere, or what else the stream is going to show, but it's unexpected enough to be worth a mention.

Yuma Uchida and Mikako Komatsu?? Nice