Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/BobOnMarkets/status/1354454142509588486?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jon Carbuncle posted:

lol, just bought 75 shares of AMC

I think the gremlin is poised to make a comeback

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, given my order isn't going through I guess my next step is finding what comes next after AMC

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Due to a technical issue, some clients are experiencing issues with online trading. We're working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please do not place trades again, as duplicate orders may be created. We apologize for any inconvenience.
:)

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

soup. posted:

LOCKED OUT OF MY loving TERMINAL GOD DAMNIT

https://youtu.be/2efhrCxI4J0

3:22

I'm on loving mobile

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

the poors are making money and I am losing money WE NEED REGULATIONS THIS ISN’T RIGHT

Can some please think of the hedge funds who got so greasy shorting stocks and got caught.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
making my dog mad with my farts

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

fanfic insert posted:

i keep putting in a sell order on one of my two GME shares and then deleting it as soon as the ticker gets within $5

i bought in at 91 and ive been doing this since 130 yesterday.

The money used if not for this omegalulsrocketride wouldve been spent on snacks and weed, if i lose it all i'll not eat chips or smoke weed for the last 2 weeks of this month.

anyone playing with any higher consequences than that during this is a dummy.

PyPy posted:

sell now

Realize your loving gains and reinvest what you're comfortable losing you loving goon.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fanfic insert posted:

i keep putting in a sell order on one of my two GME shares and then deleting it as soon as the ticker gets within $5

i bought in at 91 and ive been doing this since 130 yesterday.

The money used if not for this omegalulsrocketride wouldve been spent on snacks and weed, if i lose it all i'll not eat chips or smoke weed for the last 2 weeks of this month.

anyone playing with any higher consequences than that during this is a dummy.

you have two loving shares dude, just realize the gains. dont market time them. you already are walking away a winner. gently caress, with two shares its like you worked a couple holiday shifts or something dont overthink it

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
start a goon charitable trust and rekt some vampires

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

price is gonna yo-yo, yo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TMMadman posted:

So should i bother trying to get a few shares of AMC now?

do you want to gamble

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

Well, given my order isn't going through I guess my next step is finding what comes next after AMC

NOK is moving

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

TMMadman posted:

So should i bother trying to get a few shares of AMC now?

you heard the money man, never not buy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Doomsday

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

cumshitter whats amc right now please thank you in advance

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PyPy posted:

this is incredibly funny

this is the only takeaway anyone should have from this

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I was long $AMC anyway, hoping it would rise the normal way for normal reasons.

Now I made a YOLO play. How else are my GF's student loans and car repairs gonna be paid?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I've made $3.90 today!

welcome to the revolution

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I think I got too stressed out cuz my dog just puked

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

BBBY baby

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

my bony fealty posted:

robin hood let me get one half share of amc "partially filled" my order and then canceled the rest

gonna ride this $8 up or down baby awoo

:same:

let’s goooo

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

PyPy posted:

sell now

no way

PyPy posted:

number go up

hell yes

cumshitter posted:

you have two loving shares dude, just realize the gains. dont market time them. you already are walking away a winner. gently caress, with two shares its like you worked a couple holiday shifts or something dont overthink it

Valve index here i coooooooomeee eeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 16:51 on Jan 27, 2021

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

do you want to gamble

I was prepared to gamble yesterday

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Can I buy futures on whether or not they'll unironically say HODL

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
my dog keeps telling me to buy buy BUY

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

can’t wait for someone to introduce a bill in Congress with bipartisan support that bans retail trading and mandates individuals have to go through some hedge fund firm to make sure rich people’s money isn’t threatened again

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ARAGGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

cumshitter posted:

ARAGGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

got $5k of AMC last night. that’s a fair entertainment budget

Lets’s go to the movies Lol

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
I don't know where this rocket ends but I know I'm holding these 675 gme shares till a 1k

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

LOL!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

soup. posted:

LOCKED OUT OF MY loving TERMINAL GOD DAMNIT

lmao owned

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Dr. VooDoo posted:

can’t wait for someone to introduce a bill in Congress with bipartisan support that bans retail trading and mandates individuals have to go through some hedge fund firm to make sure rich people’s money isn’t threatened again

it’s the logical conclusion. it’s time to heal

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

dead gay comedy forums posted:

picking my brains here: depending on how friday goes, Marx might have been far more correct than ever considered possible when he thought that financial capital is the last boundary of capitalism, and thus financial capitalism consequentially it is final degree of development as the economy becomes abstracted

and looking from that angle, it is possible to squeeze in some sense that explains the gently caress: completely unhinged total class warfare emerging in the stock market? why not. If wages were the economic battleground for industrial capitalism, it could be very well the case that contemporary Marxism never considered that dividends (not in the technical strict sense, but rather in the general notion of yields and returns from the stock market) could become the field of battle of financial capitalism. all that was missing was a mean of mass access of brokerage, which was inevitable because financial capital cannot stop hankering for the capture of more, and looked at the proletariat and said "hey wanna play stonks for lols? you can make a free pizza for the weekend!" and that could have very well been the moment that the rope was sold

my god, I bow to the immortal science

soup. posted:

Dude who isn't paid much money to work in a fake job providing non-insights in a newspaper that doesn't exist covering a largely fictional industry engaged in buying and selling things that don't exist with the idea that there might be some future thing that could exist but whose terms of sale are largely manipulated by agreements to sell something in the future based on false statements about owning something that doesn't exist when it's really not owned but can expected to be owned in the future is upset about this situation because people might be taken advantage of

dads friend steve posted:

goddamn cspam is having some goodass posts today

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

if everyone just keeps buying, number will just go up forever

isn't that what we want?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
THE MARKET MOVES THROUGH ME, EVERY CELL IN MY BODY IS BUBBLING POINT OF LIGHT; A TRADE ON THE NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE WHERE VALUE IS BORN ANEW IN EVERY TRANSACTION

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
https://www.axios.com/gamestop-stock-market-0689e407-d1a3-4947-b4b5-5aef23c72acf.html

quote:

A popular rebellion, organized by the powerless against the powerful. It might have failed in Washington, but it certainly seems to be working on Wall Street.

Driving the news: The market value of GameStop closed at more than $10 billion on Tuesday, on record volume of more than $26 billion.

The winners: A ragtag group of traders from Reddit and TikTok, led by a man calling himself “Roaring Kitty.”
The losers: Hedge-fund short-sellers wh0 are learning John Maynard Keynes's lesson the hard way — "The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."
How it works: Thanks to Robinhood and other stock-trading apps, trading options in GameStop (or BlackBerry, Bed Bath & Beyond or any other smallish company Wall Street traders have bet against) is easy, fun, and carries an irresistible commission of exactly $0.

Giant hedge funds like Melvin Capital now find themselves at the mercy of thousands of small investors using the internet to coordinate their buying attacks.
The bottom line: Short-selling — betting that a company's stock is going to fall — is a crucial element of efficient markets. But, thanks to Reddit, it has also never been more dangerous.

Wall Street veterans say the newbies' lack of experience and diversification mean they’ll eventually get crushed by their trades.
So far, however, the small guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Dolphin posted:

BBBY baby

Grabbed some of that and BB.