Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I heard he was a German spy during the war, and that he stands on his lawn at nights, arms stretched out with yearning towards a distant green light

i just want you to know that i have adopted this as my jeffrey headcanon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Doug thread is good content for goons getting real mad at cartoons they don't actually remember and may have never seen at all in the first place

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
if it was so great you'd have linked it or included a funny post

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"Is Doug Funnie schizophrenic," the longest thread in the history of the forums, closed by a moderator after 4,523 pages of heated debate

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, uh have the Lowtax judgments started? I thought there was a competition to see who would get the privilege of banning/probing the Lowtax account.

Lowtax posted:

So I can't make fun of a small group of people who were actively and personally insulting me, because they're trans and that's an attack on the ENTIRE community? I made it absolutely crystal clear, repeatedly, that I was not speaking about all trans people. I do not believe that I shouldn't be able to make fun of a small group of people who are making GBS threads on me on my own forums, just because they are trans. I didn't go on any mass banning spree in that thread. Why am I unable to mock people making GBS threads on me just because they're a small part of a marginalized community? I said nothing bad about the community itself, just that group of people, and I think I should be allowed to voice my opinions on a youtube chat channel about people personally insulting me, regardless of their gender or sexuality or race or whatever. It's not me judging and condemning an entire group of people, and there's absolutely no argument that could convince me I was speaking about the entire trans community, and that makes me transphobic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

PROBATION 01/26/21 09:45pm Lowtax

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Eat poo poo.
gently caress you.

User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Crusty Nutsack Crusty Nutsack

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

No some people have just been chain probing him as they like if they find a post of his in their forum.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
who is borktron, does he really have like six accounts, and why does fyad hate him so

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’m borktron

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

pentyne posted:

So, uh have the Lowtax judgments started? I thought there was a competition to see who would get the privilege of banning/probing the Lowtax account.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957179&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm assuming ad revenue jumps that up quite a bit as well.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh, not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm assuming ad revenue jumps that up quite a bit as well.

Yeah, now that you mention it he only lists store income, not ads.

I assume there are ads beyond what people buy in the store, anything else is blocked on my browser.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RFC2324 posted:

Yeah, now that you mention it he only lists store income, not ads.

I assume there are ads beyond what people buy in the store, anything else is blocked on my browser.

No, Jeffrey turned those off.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Paladinus posted:

No, Jeffrey turned those off.

Oh cool, guess the store is the only income.

Go Jeffrey!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Either way the whole "the forums actually cost me money" narrative that Lowtax would always throw out whenever he wanted a handout has finally been confirmed as most likely untrue. I mean, basically everyone figured it was a lie anyways but it's nice seeing it confirmed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

Either way the whole "the forums actually cost me money" narrative that Lowtax would always throw out whenever he wanted a handout has finally been confirmed as most likely untrue. I mean, basically everyone figured it was a lie anyways but it's nice seeing it confirmed.

Maybe Lowtax considered those Goldbelly cookies to be a business expense?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
If I was the head man dealing with all you jerks I'd definitely consider any drug/alcohol related expenses business expenses.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think there's a big distinction between talking like that to kids/animals and other adults. If someone baby talks at me in real life I'd probably take it as an insult to my intelligence. Telling a dog "Ahhh googoogoogoo, you have such a scrunchy facey-facey face!" is different than saying "me haz to go potty :(" while we're having drinks at a bar.

I had an employee once who would constantly say she had to "go potty" but I broke her of it by constantly replying "potty, why is it ya birthday or somethin?" or shouting "P O T T. WHY?!? CAUSE YOU GOTTA poo poo." In closing I think I would be a great fit for your company moving forward.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Solice Kirsk posted:

loltax patreon still pulling down 300 and change every month

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

dee eight posted:

loltax patreon still pulling down 300 and change every month

Did he ever find a real job?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

christmas boots posted:

Did he ever find a real job?

dont know dont care

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

dee eight posted:

dont know dont care

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dee eight posted:

dont know dont care

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He's gonna start a rival website and name it something clever. Like NothingInnocuous.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:eyepop:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Wow guy spent money for tool he doesn't know how to use, good job Dick

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Insane that your reference point for daewoos proddct line would be any of those things and not the poo poo cars they made in the 90s

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
what was your sea shanty take dude

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Insane that your reference point for daewoos proddct line would be any of those things and not the poo poo cars they made in the 90s

this was my first thought too

my second thought would probably get me probated tbh, I think wishing death on someone is still a no-no even if it is Lowtax

zakharov posted:

what do you do with a drunken admin
early in the morning!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

zakharov posted:

I said they were lame and then when people started telling me thinking sea shanties were lame was somehow being cruel to people stuck in covid infested countries despite that being nothing to do with why I think they are lame I tried to derail the meme thread with a throwaway comment about how sea shanties were actually racist so I can't say I haven't earned this. I unbookmarked the thread as soon as I did it because I'm a piece of poo poo and I can only assume I succeeded and have earned this bad av that made me turn off avatars entirely

Jezza of OZPOS has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Jan 27, 2021

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I said they were lame and then when people started telling me thinking sea shanties were lame was somehow being cruel to people stuck in covid infested countries despite that being nothing to do with why I think they are lame I tried to derail the meme thread with a throwaway comment about how sea shanties were actually racist so I can't say I haven't earned this. I unbookmarked the thread as soon as I did it because I'm a piece of poo poo and I can only assume I succeeded and have earned this bad av that made me turn off avatars entirely

Well, if it makes you feel any better I stand with you in solidarity over sea shanties being extremely lame.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

zakharov posted:

Historically the press gangs and sea shanties were separate operations

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Guessin that Lowtax wrote off everything as a business expense too lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zakharov posted:

who is borktron, does he really have like six accounts, and why does fyad hate him so

Borktron is a guy who's probated. See him posting? That's a gently caress up, probate him

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I saw a Daewoo Lanos today. I think it's been parked in that spot for years.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I think sea shanties and collaborative singing are neat music and have had Wellerman in my head off and on for a week, and also think it got driven into the ground faster than a speeding bullet by the internet, much like everything else

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
As long as there are people in this world that need to know what is to be done with drunken sailors, shanties shall not vanish from the earth

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

christmas boots posted:

As long as there are people in this world that need to know what is to be done with drunken sailors, shanties shall not vanish from the earth

Such as?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beat them up for singing sea shanties.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Such remedies include but are not limited to:

-Shave his belly with a rusty razor
-Put him in a long boat till his sober
-Stick him in a scupper with a hosepipe bottom
-Put him in the bed with the captains daughter
-improv comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Such remedies include but are not limited to:

-Shave his belly with a rusty razor
-Put him in a long boat till his sober
-Stick him in a scupper with a hosepipe bottom
-Put him in the bed with the captains daughter
-improv comedy

Huh, I'm not exactly sure what a "scupper" or "hosepipe bottom" is but none of those things seem like they would help a drunken sailor. I'm starting to think all these suggestions are, in fact, practical jokes.