Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you sad and/or angry Flash is gone?
Yes
No
This arouses no special feelings in me OP
Goku
View Results

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh no flash is back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Oh no flash is back!

"It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under"

-Flash

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge,
I'm trying not to lose my head

-Also Flash

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
There's still a bunch of equipment out there with Flash interfaces that still need to be accessed. We just got this response from a vendor since we can no longer access a piece of equipment at work:

some tech support guy posted:

As this is an older product it took a little while to figure out how to access the radio. Here is what I am told:

"As work-around you can install an old flash, below you can find a link to download old version, I tried flashplayer32_0r0_37 and works ok, so uninstall adobe flash, install the old version and run it on FireFox (Disable automatic upgrades)."

Did we upgrade that piece of equipment? LOL, of course not! We uninstalled the latest version of Flash that is no longer supported and installed an even older version with known vulnerabilities! :downs:

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 18, 2021

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Wasn't Cliff Yablonski Freedom Fighter created in flash?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
No more kongpanions :(

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I used to love going on to the Shockwave website to play emulated arcade games like Rampage during computer class

Wonder if the zapdramatic guy has preserved all his super important Negotiator stuff

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Knowing absolutely poo poo all about security and how big tittie anime girl games can have anything to do with this, I can only assume it's another devastation blow in the war against hentai and it will NOT stand

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Good soup! posted:

I used to love going on to the Shockwave website to play emulated arcade games like Rampage during computer class

Wonder if the zapdramatic guy has preserved all his super important Negotiator stuff

Just checked and the answer is no

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

christmas boots posted:

There's nobody home.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Apparently he did a sequel series where that guy is now a teacher

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

christmas boots posted:

Now I'll never know how to return a defective iron to Target

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I liked the yata cartoon somebody made welp see you later

I liked that one too. I remember finding an extended version of the music in mp3 format that I have had for nearly 20 years by now, which I really like. Someone has uploaded it to youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZkRPxw6r9A

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
My extremely high level kongregate account was going to be my retirement plan and now I'm ruined

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Welcome to Zombocom

Wel coem ot Zomo mbozic wecbom lew

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I do not think ezra miller will remain cancelled for long

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
so I thought Flash was supposed to be turned off for online applications but that you could still run Flash content locally. turns out that was a lie, I have a couple goofy animated screensavers from the days of yore (like a Halo:CE one that came bundled as a bonus with the GOTY edition on PC) that will still start up and show the splash screen, but just show the full-screen error the entire time. mildly disappointing. there's got to be a way to decompile the .scr and pull the video file from it though I just haven't cared to try that hard

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Flash owned sorry. Waaaah security concerns boo loving hoo.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Flash owned sorry. Waaaah security concerns boo loving hoo.

It’s still running well on my windows for workgroups.

PersonFromPorlock
Jan 27, 2019

That's true!
But what about Dicewars, the only good game to come out of Flash?

Oh, it still works. I must be already using an older non-updating copy of Flash. Never mind.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PersonFromPorlock posted:

But what about Dicewars, the only good game to come out of Flash?

Oh, it still works. I must be already using an older non-updating copy of Flash. Never mind.

this is bullshit hth.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I can't decide if candystand.com's lifesavers mini golf game or that school shooting game where you play the shooter that had all the wicked KMFDM riffs in it was my favorite

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Smugworth posted:

I can't decide if candystand.com's lifesavers mini golf game or that school shooting game where you play the shooter that had all the wicked KMFDM riffs in it was my favorite

candystand mini golf was loving amazing. and i think you're thinking of pico's school

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thinking about how so many flash games were just about shooting sort of annoying celebrities in the head with a shotgun.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
has joecartoon dot com upgraded to html5 yet

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
thinking about how my dad had to take his inspection license exam on the Pennsylvania DOT website about 8 months ago which used flash for the test part, wonder if they ever updated it lmao

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Knowing absolutely gently caress all about the cyber how in the hell can a program that AFAIK is ONLY used for selfmade games a huge security risk? Bullshit, it's big java trying to force us to use bad other applications. If you need more security just proxy a firewall, can't be that hard. Put on your black hats developers, and get cracking!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah it doesn't sound like the problem was Flash, rather it was the fact that people were using funny animation software for the backend of their bank or government website.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it was flash insofar as much like the java runtime, if it exists on your machine at all it can potentially be exploited. for a long while it came pre-packaged with a bunch of browsers so just having IE or firefox meant that there was a whole host of security vulnerabilities your computer had even if you had never looked at a funny animation.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Remember that time downloading flash also tried to shove mcafee security on your computer?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

didn't all the virus loaded ads we used to have rely on flash?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lmao at big tech companies going off about security in general.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

EorayMel posted:

Remember that time downloading flash also tried to shove mcafee security on your computer?

this was always so scummy and I never understood it, it's not like adobe needed the money from bundling or whatever

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Deactivation of Flash may have crippled Chinese railroad for a day

quote:

Officials at China Railway Shenyang use Flash-based software to plan each day's railroad operations. As a result of the outage, Apple Daily says, "staffers were reportedly unable to view train operation diagrams, formulate train sequencing schedules, and arrange shunting plans."

As a result, the railroad was unable to dispatch its trains, "leading to a complete shutdown of its railroads in Dalian, Liaoning province," according to Apple Daily.

After a day of chaos, the railroad found a solution: it reverted to an older version of Flash without the self-deactivating code. The railroad installed it early on the morning of January 13, allowing operations to resume.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Timebombing the code was a lovely thing for them to do.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Code Jockey posted:

this was always so scummy and I never understood it, it's not like adobe needed the money from bundling or whatever

Oracle used to do this also with Java updates.

I will never not wish for a second that Larry Ellison gets fired into the sun.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Wasn't Cliff Yablonski Freedom Fighter created in flash?
Yep. So hooray, it's dead too.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i installed old flash/pale moon and it let me play dress up games so idk try that :baby:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017
Macromedia flash dead today from an overdose of crack cocaine