Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Retro Futurist posted:

:zombie: that’s a How to Train Your Dragon 3 cake you childless philistines

We have a winner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Idle Amalgam posted:

I also know squat about anything or mafia. Sci coming in to hang me up does seem like damage control for leading a push on ref.

“Leading a push” is a very strong way of phrasing what happened, I don’t need to do any damage control

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Idle Amalgam posted:

Shiiieeett, I'll get it out of the way. I said I felt you two were opposing alignments. Call it an omgus if you want.

##vote science

Now there is a chance that science is just a bit cocksure about things and is town, but it's unlikely imo.

Granted it is early in the day and as it gets closer to deadline, scummier absentees or tag on bandwagoneers will show themselves , I'm sure of it.

Anyhow, I'm drinking some coffee. Ate a jalapeno kolache. Downed some vitamins for meat maintenance, let's effin' go.

This is a terrible vote. Not just because it’s couched as gently caress, but also because it should’ve been IA’s first post. If he really thought Ref and I were different alignments, he’d have posted immediately Ref flipped, not a couple of posts in, after defending himself. It’s disingenuous, and it’s a faked read.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Also: homemade pasta is a bloody nightmare

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

“Leading a push” is a very strong way of phrasing what happened, I don’t need to do any damage control

something about this statement pings me

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

something about this statement pings me

Yeah, I thought it would probably come across badly, but I don’t care, I’m too busy making pasta and sweating

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Scientastic posted:

This is a terrible vote. Not just because it’s couched as gently caress, but also because it should’ve been IA’s first post. If he really thought Ref and I were different alignments, he’d have posted immediately Ref flipped, not a couple of posts in, after defending himself. It’s disingenuous, and it’s a faked read.

Buddy, I've got news for you... I seldom do what I should do and instead fly by the seat of my pants... often to a detriment.

Also I stated the difference in alignments previous game day lol

What say you now, villain?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Scientastic posted:

Also: homemade pasta is a bloody nightmare

Just want to echo this lol.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

Some quick unwarranted alignment calls based on what little mafia interaction there is.

Ref/sci - I dont feel like both of these players are town but I'm on the fence about both of them and have no strong opinions either way.

I just ~feel~ that these two probably dont share an alignment from the interactions.

Bif - town feel
Hal - town feel more or less
Merk - null, but curious with that earlier Hal callout.
Sand - null-leaning scum with that defense of scientastic, but I'm finding that I often misread sand in-game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The scum team is at least Sandwolf at IA. Sandwolf because he killed RF for calling him out and for the scummy posting yesterday.

IA because this is how scum includes their scum buddy in a list post:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Some quick unwarranted alignment calls based on what little mafia interaction there is.

Ref/sci - I dont feel like both of these players are town but I'm on the fence about both of them and have no strong opinions either way.

I just ~feel~ that these two probably dont share an alignment from the interactions.

Bif - town feel
Hal - town feel more or less
Merk - null, but curious with that earlier Hal callout.
Sand - null-leaning scum with that defense of scientastic, but I'm finding that I often misread sand in-game

There you go. Let's do this thing. ##vote SW

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lol, well I'm not scum. Sorry, chum.

Anyhow I would probably vote sand.

I feel sand and sci are probably scum together.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Gut feel on sand, dont like sci's behavior

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Their certainty in their conviction just reads as classically scummy to me.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

In the same way that the pandemic has made me value face to face interactions, my pasta machine makes me value shop-bought pasta

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Scientastic posted:

In the same way that the pandemic has made me value face to face interactions, my pasta machine makes me value shop-bought pasta

Not making me want to get this pasta machine out gotta be honest

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Also can anyone advise a Brit on what I can use instead of half and half? We have double cream or single cream here

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Also can anyone advise a Brit on what I can use instead of half and half? We have double cream or single cream here
I believe you can make your own half and half by combining 1/2 whole milk and 1/2 single cream. Alternatively, you can probably get away with using single cream - I made my alfredo with heavy cream.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Buddy, I've got news for you... I seldom do what I should do and instead fly by the seat of my pants... often to a detriment.

Also I stated the difference in alignments previous game day lol

What say you now, villain?

Yes that's exactly what Sci is saying, you already said yesterday that you thought him and Ref were different alignments, so Ref flipping town should've been all you needed, why would you need to all gear yourself up then first

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

For tonight’s dinner:

Chicken thighs (skin and bone included)
Cream
Parmesan
Eggs
00 flour
Shiitake mushrooms
Butter
Parsley

First, I vacuum packed my chicken with some olive oil and seasoning

I placed this in a water bath at 74C for 2h, then plunged into an ice bath

Meanwhile, I sliced up the mushrooms

These I fried with some garlic and chives and set aside for later

Then I made a ball of dough with 400g of 00 flour and 4 eggs

It was at this point that I stopped taking photos. I set the pasta machine to the lowest setting, and over a sweaty hour, managed to get it down to translucent wonderfulness

Once it was done, things kicked into high gear: I browned the chicken in the pan and set aside, and threw the pasta into boiling water. Then I melted a knob of butter in the chicken pan and whisked in a knob of butter, double cream, grated parmesan and parsley. Once the pasta was done (two minutes) I strained it and tossed it in the sauce with the mushrooms.

The children and my wife enjoyed it, but it definitely wasn’t worth the disruption to the Wednesday night routine... Next time, I’m buying the pasta.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Just use double cream

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

merk posted:

The scum team is at least Sandwolf at IA. Sandwolf because he killed RF for calling him out and for the scummy posting yesterday.

IA because this is how scum includes their scum buddy in a list post:

There you go. Let's do this thing. ##vote SW

I think IA is scum, but I don’t like this post:

Fingering Sandwolf for RF being NKed is very WIFOM, and then pinning IA because of how he posts about Sandwolf is too reliant on assuming Sand’s flip.

My feeling is that merk and IA might be scumbuddies, and merk is trying to push an alternative candidate while giving himself an out to move to IA if the wind changes.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I look forward to my old school beat down from merk

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes that's exactly what Sci is saying, you already said yesterday that you thought him and Ref were different alignments, so Ref flipping town should've been all you needed, why would you need to all gear yourself up then first

Ah, misread that as it being a new revelation on their part. Bad skimmer habits, sorry.

In any case, I dont feel like I was gearing up. I guess I see how it can appear that way. But I mean most of my posts are like this.

Bursts of back to back thoughts. Anyhow I stand by everything I've said. Lunch me for it if you dont like it, then dont be dumb and lunch science for sure when you get my town flip lol

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
The dont be dumb is at town in general should you all decide to lunch me, not you biffy.

I stand ready to die and will ghost post foods

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don’t really care what anyone thinks about me or my cases. I probably won’t even respond.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was going to cook Chicken Diane because my wife didn’t want steak, but I got steak anyway. Food coming soon.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

I don’t really care what anyone thinks about me or my cases. I probably won’t even respond.

you don't seem particularly driven to get me lunched either tho mate

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Eh it's a chill game, do you want a big dramatic anime showdown or what

##vote Sandwolf

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Hmmmmmm

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I’m particularly driven to cook this dinner.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Eh it's a chill game, do you want a big dramatic anime showdown or what

##vote Sandwolf

yeah it's a chill game but that doesn't really excuse his or my point.

merk is saying he's barely interested in playing this game, that's valid to me

but he's also got this gutfeel case against me that he HAS brought up and voted on two days now

So I'm saying it seems kinda scummy that he allegedly has an opinion but also has no interest in actually doing anything with it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

also, this is going to sound sassy and snide but I promise I mean it sincerely: if y'all are gonna be angry with me for tryna play mafia here you should actually lunch me today because like I said in signup post, this is effectively just mafia to me with cooking minigames. I understand most of you are here to cook first. If I'm gonna harsh the mellow here, y'all should remove me.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Eh, I wont be voting anyone for lack of cooking or w.e., but I will vote based on what seems bad to me.

I rescind my opinion on sandwolf.

Still feel good about scientastic

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Alfredo night at the pig household.

Salt, white pepper, Fettucine (not from scratch but the fresh kind at least), heavy cream, parmesan cheese blends, bacon pieces (real), butter, fresh scallions from the garden chopped up, garlic, a shallot, and some scallops that I have pre coated with a lemon pepper compound butter.

Sliced up some shallot thin and diced the garlic.

Got all the stuff lined up and ready to go. Then i put the water on and started getting the pasta cooked, once the water boiled and the pasta was in I started.

got the salt and white pepper as well as the bacon, shallots, and garlic and started the butter melting on medium.

Once i cooked the stuff in the butter for a bit i added the heavy cream and whisk whisk whisk and let it simmer for about 5ish minutes.

Then added cheese slowly and whisk whisk whisk, i tasted and added more white pepper and salt here as well as adding bits of heavy cream at a time while whisking because it was too thick.

Once it was all incorporated and had turned into a sauce I plated the pasta and sauced it and set it aside for just a moment while I got some butter browning in a hot pan I had on standby.

I then seared the scallops quickly on each side and added them to the plate with some broccoli and scattered some of the scallions on top.

Final product.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

I was going to cook Chicken Diane because my wife didn’t want steak, but I got steak anyway. Food coming soon.

Wait til you see what I'm going to do for steak diane. It's really gonna make people mad because I don't have steaks OR brandy.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Tried making the panna cotta!

First things first, laid out the ingredients. Gelatin, heavy cream, vanilla extract, milk, and sugar.

I put some of the milk in a saucepan and put the gelatin on top to bloom, as they say. Walked away for five-ish minutes.

Oh dang yeah that's wrinkly alright

Okay, cranked up the heat to medium at this point and stirred the gelatin in. Then, added the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla, and kept stirring until the sugar dissolved.

I don't have any ramekins, so I poured it out into some cups lol.

Stuck it in the fridge...

Had the leftover chicken alfredo inbetween. It was really tasty the next day too!

For dessert, I took out the panna cotta, which had been in the fridge for 6-ish hours now.

I put some blackberry jam on top. Texture and taste was really nice!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Steak Diane

Here is the steak I used, a pretty cheap top sirloin cut.

I did not have brandy, so I used some bourbon

I opened a bottle of wine because I realized right before cooking that this dish is not going to be my jam

Melt a massive amount of butter I guess...

Rock out with some diced shallots

Throw the fuckers in, brown them, and then throw in more butter (seriously wtf)

Finished product.

It was OK. Not really my flavor profile. It also didn't help that my cut was cheap and I trimmed no fat.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I did not light the bourbon on fire when throwing it in. I figured it would taste fine if I just reduced it a bit.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also didn't take a picture of the steak cooking or me beating it down to size. Whatever! I DO WHAT I WANT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I did not light the bourbon on fire when throwing it in. I figured it would taste fine if I just reduced it a bit.

:ghost: oh no no no no, you have to