Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

teagone posted:

It is. But at the same time, that Collider guy just had to admit he made a needlessly cruel joke in his apology IMMEDIATELY after he deleted the offending tweet. He waited until the next day, and just vomited out a non-apology directed at fans not getting his brand of humor or whatever instead of owning up to be being an insensitive piece of poo poo. No excuse for the personal attacks against him though, gently caress those people too.

Basically, the whole situation is just further proof a lot folk are really loving stupid and insensitive when it comes to dumb rear end cape movies.

I dont think an apology would have helped, no matter how heartfelt it was. He made an extremely stupid tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Rdjs dragon proctology movie bombed so he'll come crawling back

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

There has to be an Avengers movie down the pipeline titled "Avengers: Forever" and it'll bring back RDJ.

Avengers: Continue? Yes/No

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MacheteZombie posted:

I dont think an apology would have helped, no matter how heartfelt it was. He made an extremely stupid tweet.

Yeah, probably not. But then why even respond with a non-apology at all if not to rile up a particular subset of idiots that also happen to be Snyder fans? Maybe to weaponize their predictably toxic responses to try and further slander the entire "cult" fanbase? Or is that too :tinfoil:ish kind of thinking?

It is sort of odd how this collider dude described his joke at the expense of "someone else's pain" in his "apology" tweet but explicitly tagged Snyder in the tweets showcasing "Snyder Cult" fandom toxicity.

[edit] Either way, cape movie discourse sucks and I think I'm done with it tbh.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 26, 2021

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

thrawn527 posted:

Avengers: Continue? Yes/No

Avengers Break the Internet

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Just want to point out that Blockbuster Video was basically created because a bunch of Irony Posters wanted to do movietalk in the same stupid way it's done everywhere else outside of this forum (i.e. basically clique-based cheering and high-fives, the posting equivalent of a reaction video) and it completely flopped and is a total wasteland with less than two dozen active users.

You simply do not get this kind of discourse on forums. In fact, this kind of whining to a referee or tangential person ("see what your fans are doing?" = "mods? mods!!!!") was roundly mocked for over a decade in pretty much every online space, and it's now the primary means by which people communicate on these lovely platforms. Just a continuous spew of dogpiling, fake flagging, circle-jerking each other off for not being the other guys. Absolutely disgusting behavior

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

teagone posted:

There has to be an Avengers movie down the pipeline titled "Avengers: Forever" and it'll bring back RDJ.

Some kind of Forever Conflict?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Some kind of Forever Conflict?

Lol. It'd be funny if all Avengers movies from now on were just variant titles of previous Avengers movie. Avengers: Age of Galactus has to be one.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Tony Stark returns in...

Avengers 7: Citizens on Patrol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Just want to point out that Blockbuster Video was basically created because a bunch of Irony Posters wanted to do movietalk in the same stupid way it's done everywhere else outside of this forum (i.e. basically clique-based cheering and high-fives, the posting equivalent of a reaction video) and it completely flopped and is a total wasteland with less than two dozen active users.

You simply do not get this kind of discourse on forums. In fact, this kind of whining to a referee or tangential person ("see what your fans are doing?" = "mods? mods!!!!") was roundly mocked for over a decade in pretty much every online space, and it's now the primary means by which people communicate on these lovely platforms. Just a continuous spew of dogpiling, fake flagging, circle-jerking each other off for not being the other guys. Absolutely disgusting behavior

Yeah, this is a good point. There's really no meaningful oversight on these modern-era social platforms because they're just so huge.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

teagone posted:

Given how much of a headache adapting the actual Avengers Forever miniseries would be, I can definitely see them doing a sort of Avengers All-Star Game where they get all the actors people love back to do their spots and beat some guy nobody cares about like The Sentry.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

teagone posted:

Yeah, this is a good point. There's really no meaningful oversight on these modern-era social platforms because they're just so huge.

Facebook has moderators and their jobs are hellish PTSD generating nightmares.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Can I just say that one of my personal pet peeves is "journalists" who claim they have secret information and won't share it with anyone? Why the heck are you a journalist then? What they actually are is functionally a courtier for the industry they're reporting on.

I work in public relations, and it's amazing to me, especially in sports and entertainment, how many reporters are fans first and journalists second.

On the other hand, it's a small-ish world. Most people covering Hollywood know people within the studios or the agencies, so they get a lot of credible info. But it's publicists talking poo poo or agents' assistants who just think it's cool to know something they shouldn't. So it's hard to corroborate that stuff with a higher level source and publish it without being liable for a lawsuit. I've heard horror stories about journalists running afoul of Bob Iger over some of the most benign poo poo and getting fired because his attack hound of a personal publicist will go to their editors and threaten access for the entire outlet.

So you have this toxic mix of irresponsible people who just want to fan out and hoard info and a broken system that puts the studios in the drivers' seat almost at all times.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That's because Facebook doesn't actually care and it's a CYA move (that didn't work in Myanmar, where they facilitated a genocide - coming soon to a country near you!)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Avengers (Re-)Assemble (Iron Man)

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Doesn't Facebook have moderators only in the most technical sense, ie like two moderators to cover every post from the African continent?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Facebook moderation sounds like one of the most hellish jobs imaginable and I don't think there's any amount of money you could pay me to do it.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/19/18681845/facebook-moderator-interviews-video-trauma-ptsd-cognizant-tampa
https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/18229714/cognizant-facebook-content-moderator-interviews-trauma-working-conditions-arizona

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I didn't think the movie was that bad, personally. It wasn't GREAT, but I did enjoy it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

Avengers (Re-)Assemble (Iron Man)

Doesn't Facebook have moderators only in the most technical sense, ie like two moderators to cover every post from the African continent?

They mostly just outsource stuff to (probably) India for people to look at keywords and temp ban people based on them using a word regardless of context.

For the "escalate this," then it goes to native speakers that actually have to pay attention, and there are relatively few of them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's weird it exists at all because people talk about movies and do all that just fine outside the domes

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

teagone posted:

It is insane just how much the SA paywall changes the shape of the community. I used to post on Film General on IMDB (I know. I was young and stupid, shut up) and there were people there on their 20th account because they would be awful enough to get banned (which was actually pretty hard. Pedophilia apologists and people who just spammed Breitbart links stuck around for ages) and they'd simply turn around and create a new account. The craziest one was the director of the film "My Date with Drew" who showed up to schill his film (under the guise of just an enthusiastic reveiwer) He was banned and simply kept making new accounts to come back and boast that he was back. That, in turn, drove several other users insane, who simply started yelling at every person who liked a recent film that they must be a paid schill.

Darko posted:

They mostly just outsource stuff to (probably) India for people to look at keywords and temp ban people based on them using a word regardless of context.

For the "escalate this," then it goes to native speakers that actually have to pay attention, and there are relatively few of them.

I actually worked for a clickbait article site for a while, and yeah, that's exactly the moderator we had to write for. Obviously, you coudn't swear in the article, but, since it was written for people perusing on social media or work computers, we had to avoid keywords like 'nude' regardless of context, since using the wrong word could get the article blocked. So, in a lovely gossipy article i wrote that mentioned a nude photo (this job was not a proud moment for me) my editor changed the word 'nude' so the article was now about an actress changing her image with a 'love photo shoot'

I loving hated that job.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Presented without comment

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1354260809543798784?s=19

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Guess he wanted to see more of himself reflected in the film :smug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SMG was right about Watchmen being a satire on the MCU.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Detective No. 27 posted:

SMG was right about Watchmen being a satire on the MCU.

Don't be silly.

Vision is red, Dr. Manhatten is blue.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

"I want the robot to have a massive throbbing cock and I want it to be front and center of every possible shot. In his desperate final death throw, Ultron lunges to suck it, but Vision annihilates him before he can. My name is Joss Whedon and this is the power of cinema".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOA_ciyS6c

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I always support more penises in movies , specially attached to Paul bettanys face.

Dr Manhattan v Vision: Dawn of the superpenis

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
When he wields Mjolnir, he will be fully erect

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

When he wields Mjolnir, he will be fully erect

And then the hammer pulls him off?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

He still have Sherlock Holmes to fall back om.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This has made me like Winter Soldier a lot less. Lol gently caress these guys and their inflated egos:

https://twitter.com/metaplexmovies/status/1354224407053541378

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
And more tension than Three Days of the Condor! What a masterpiece.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Glad someone put all these in one place:

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/marvel-films-godfather/

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Needs the one from yesterday where someone said The Eternals gonna be 2001

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/danedehaan/status/1354132763838992389?s=20

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Well...I guess Willem Dafoe will be stepping up

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Fuckin' love social media, where the most obnoxious, stupid members of every demographic become its herald! Yeeeeah baby let's kill each other over Tweets, Big Tech gotta get paid!

There's no reason to participate in modern social media in any way beyond "finding funny stuff" which is why I'm still on this forum, participating in a tried-and-true form of social media that isn't even 10% as toxic as that poo poo.

There's some interesting stuff on social media. Right now I'm engaging in a length direct message thread with somebody pretending to be actress Elizabeth Olsen who wants to con me out of money. Unless somehow actress Elizabeth Olsen is trying to con me out of money.

Does anybody know a way to determine approximately where somebody is Tweeting/Direct Messaging from? I'm curious to learn if my pitiful savings is supposed to fund ISIS, North Korean nukes or just some asshat's toy collection.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Everyone posted:

There's some interesting stuff on social media. Right now I'm engaging in a length direct message thread with somebody pretending to be actress Elizabeth Olsen who wants to con me out of money. Unless somehow actress Elizabeth Olsen is trying to con me out of money.

Does anybody know a way to determine approximately where somebody is Tweeting/Direct Messaging from? I'm curious to learn if my pitiful savings is supposed to fund ISIS, North Korean nukes or just some asshat's toy collection.

Pretend that you believe it's actually her and obsessively ask for nudes.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Guy A. Person posted:

Needs the one from yesterday where someone said The Eternals gonna be 2001

That sure was something.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

wyoming posted:

That sure was something.

Marvelfans.jpg

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The MSJ posted:

Pretend that you believe it's actually her and obsessively ask for nudes.

Nah, we're past that point. "Liz" claims to be working with an NGO charity affiliated with [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_Services_InternationalPopulation Services International[/url] as a global ambassador to help raise AIDS awareness. And Elizabeth Olsen has actually done a lot of hands on charity work in the past, so I could realistically see her doing something like this. Liz's fakeness becomes clear over time, but there is a bit of sophistication to the set-up.

I think I overplayerd my hand earlier, so the game might be over. Which is sad. I was really looking forward to slowly giving out hints that I was a closely watched family "asset" whose father used to do "odd jobs" for the government.

"Yeah, Dad was in Memphis in 1968. Something about a hunting trip. But like I said, we can't talk about this outside of here. I'm really liking WandaVision and it would hard for you to do the Dr. Strange film from a CIA black site."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

wyoming posted:

That sure was something.

Alec Guinness was right