Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Best Webcomic of 2010s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

FunkyAl posted:

Best Webcomic of 2010s?

Octopus Pie; there's almost no question.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

Octopus Pie; there's almost no question.

:hai:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
hitmen for destiny is a dark horse contender for me

e: kill 6 billion demons as well

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
demon

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I was going to say Digger but it started back in 2003 and ended in 11, and I'm feeling old once more

So k6bd then

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
It was by no means the "greatest" comic, but I still have a soft spot for Dr. McNinja. I still miss that extremely silly and overly dramatic nonsense.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
How horrible that I remembered Octopus Pie as being in the 2000s, but concur. Cucumber Quest was a good run, I liked He is a Good Boy, what else. Ben Saber. A one off called "Party Bear" which now exists nowhere.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I never got the love for Octupus Pie but I always figured it was because I couldn't see myself in it. The same way somepeople don't like MM&O because they don't have a connection to that life.

Or something, who knows.

Changing vote for best comic of 2010s to be CRISIS ZONE

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I've fallen off on reading a lot of webcomics, and haven't really added many new ones for a while, but Latchkey Kingdom has always managed to be fun and interesting enough to keep my attention.

Oh wow, Three Panel Soul has been going since 2006.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
KSDB gets my vote for the teens.
Also, mildly considering cancelling my sub to Allison's patreon for a month as punishment for the Fishman.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

K6BD is hard to beat.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
since no one has mentioned O Human Star yet I'm going to, because that's right up there with Octopus Pie for me

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Will also say Beetle Bailey is experiencing something of a renaissance.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Hitmen for Destiny might be the webcomic that I've gone back and read the most times since it finished, it's probably my favorite. I should get around to downloading it all in case it ever disappears or something some time.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

it hurts!! is extremely cool and good

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Mythos!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
K6BD, all day

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FunkyAl posted:

Best Webcomic of 2010s?
Joining the K6BD bandwagon. All my other favorites started before 2011, or don't deserve the title quite as much as "wuxia film set in a heavy metal album cover, except full of lesbians" does.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 28, 2021

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'll throw in a vote for Sleepless Domain on that one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

I'll throw in a vote for Sleepless Domain on that one.
I was considering SD. Think it's definitely in my top three, though.

Only counting ones that started during or after January 2011...
1. K6BD
2. Sleepless Domain
3. Cucumber Quest (:rip:)

Honorable mention goes to Paranatural, which started mid-2010, just barely disqualifying it.

Edit: And Homest- (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 28, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
K6BD and Sleepless Domain are probably my top-2.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Homestuck started in 2009 so obviously doesn't count!

Although if we were looking for influential or important comics of the 10's it would be a hard one to deny. And I'd still say the comic was good, at least in the way one would say The Simpsons was good.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Guys what about Demon! Remember it had a cum knife and everything. What good times those were.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

fun hater posted:

hitmen for destiny is a dark horse contender for me

It ended July 2010 :negative:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tenebrais posted:

Although if we were looking for influential or important comics of the 10's it would be a hard one to deny. And I'd still say the comic was good, at least in the way one would say The Simpsons was good.

I'm slightly horrified that all the webcomics I read started before 2010, usually by a long way. A couple of them aren't far off their 20th anniversaries.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

What's so bad about Homestar Runner? I mean, other than it doesn't really fit as it's a webtoon that mostly ran in the 2000-2010 decade.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Tenebrais posted:

Homestuck started in 2009 so obviously doesn't count!

That's the best drat description I think I've heard re. Hstuck's quality.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

It ended July 2010 :negative:

s......poo poo....

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Gunnerkrigg Court remains my favorite and so I'd vote for it for best of the 2010s. K6BDs and Sleepless Domain are absolutely up there, though.

I think the new Nancy has the potential to be the best of the 2020s.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

^^^ there's no way you're gonna convince me one of the old-mannest of old-man webcoms (esp. now that Schlock Mercenary is over) started any time before 1999

My top five would be, in no real order

Vattu
Feast for a King
K6BD
Awful Hospital

Alethia would probably make the cut if there was a little more of it but it only started in 2019 and is still gathering momentum.

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 28, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I think calling 17776 a webcomic really stretches the definition of "comic", no matter how good the writing is. (It's very good, go read 17776, and 20020, and The Tim Tebow CFL Chronicles.)

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

it's serialized fiction released on the web with pictures and words, what else is missing?

if dinosaur comics is a webcomic, 17776 is a webcomic

fun hater
May 24, 2009

HookedOnChthonics posted:

it's serialized fiction released on the web with pictures and words, what else is missing?

if dinosaur comics is a webcomic, 17776 is a webcomic

sequential images are what's missing

e: i like your stretch of the meaning of the word but i think 17776 is probably classificed best as illustrated fiction. if you sold it to someone as a comic they'd be pretty confused

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Homestuck isn't the best webcomic of the 2010s, but it sure is the most webcomic of the 2010s.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

See, I would argue that for a webcomic the whole browser window is a panel and the next button is all the sequence you need--or are Homestuck and Awful Hospital illustrated fiction rather than webcomics as well?

It's definitely not a conventional comic and there are more specific descriptors you can use for it to be sure, but like..... it counts

fun hater
May 24, 2009

my thought on this: each page of homestuck is basically the same set up as a far side comic. a panel and a caption. homestuck captions are just enormous. you read the panel, then click to the next panel to continue the story immediately.

the images in 17776 are not sequential. the purpose they serve is to illustrate the points being made in the text, or to create a visual experience that enhances reading the text. but you can't jump from one image to the next and understand a sense of continuity.

does that make sense? i think this is very up for debate im talking out of my rear end here lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Gulliver's Travels is a webcomic, you can find it online and several editions came with illustrations. DEBate me

FunkyAl posted:

https://hyperdrivencomic.com/

http://tarottournament.com/

Youse guys should read these comics! My friends do them.

lol these are pretty good

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Ulysses "Seen" is/was definitely a webcomic (sadly no longer published online, looks like); i challenge you to find continuity in the images in that one with or without words haha

vvv Dinosaur comics has objectively the most out of whack words:images ratio there is and i don't think anyone would dispute it's a webcomic

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think Homestuck became a light novel at some point with its text to picture ratio.