Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1354208306357805060?s=21
You know what, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

This is going to be loving terrible.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Traditionally potential presidential candidates will form exploratory committees but I guess a Hollywood vanity project works as well.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Traditionally potential presidential candidates will form exploratory committees but I guess a Hollywood vanity project works as well.

If it was 2006 The Rock, it could be good. The guy who was in a few unexpected films that in no way jive with his current image. As it is it will be the safest, least interesting version of the idea. It'll make Head of State (2003 film. Remember it? No? No one does) look like a loving Veep.

Okay, it was pretty much just Southland Tales that was an interesting film he made circa 2006. Faster and Snitch had some interesting ideas too.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 27, 2021

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Rock is literally a Republican who publicly fellatioed the architect of a genocide on his Instagram with millions of followers.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

no

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

The Rock is literally a Republican who publicly fellatioed the architect of a genocide on his Instagram with millions of followers.

Details, please. I don't doubt you, but... this is the first I've heard of this and would like details. Or a link.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

worked for Reagan

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

The exact center is Kong's kong

Failed Imagineer posted:

I like that the spiral terminates at Godzilla's balls. DaVinci would have approved

It's like pottery

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Alan Smithee posted:

worked for Reagan

Has The Rock named anyone a communist recently?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/19/the-rock-reveals-why-hes-considering-running-for-president.html

the Rock in 2017 posted:

In a recent interview with Ellen Degeneres, Johnson admits that he's "seriously considering" running.

The actor reveals the main reason he wants to be become the leader of the free world in a subsequent interview with USA Today: "To serve the people and create a better environment for them."

Interestingly, Johnson suggests in an interview with Variety that he plans to run for the office four years later due to film obligations. "Realistically, as we go into 2018, when you look at my slate as we're developing and shooting into 2019 and 2020, the slate goes deep into 2021, so it feels like the realistic consideration would be 2024," he says.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

Details, please. I don't doubt you, but... this is the first I've heard of this and would like details. Or a link.

It was MBS, the 'progressive' Saudi Prince who was progressively doing genocides. At least I think it was him.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fartington Butts posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhKMSFjFL92/?hl=en

here's a Guardian article about the genocide the US and the UK directly aided, starting when Biden was Vice President: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/03/yemen-airstrikes-saudi-arabia-mbs-us

and a second about MBS' role specifically: https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/dec/04/mohammed-bin-salman-should-be-prosecuted-over-the-yemen-conflict

quote:

There is a manmade famine in Yemen, even if it has not been officially acknowledged. The man who made it is Mohammed bin Salman, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, and there is strong prima facie evidence that he should be charged with causing starvation in an international court.

Along with the comparably culpable Mohamed bin Zayed, crown prince of the United Arab Emirates, Bin Salman launched a war against Houthi rebels in Yemen in 2015, and pursued it primarily through actions intended to reduce people to desperation in areas under Houthi control, compelling them to submit.

Mass starvation may not have been Bin Salman’s initial intent, but it soon became evident that this would be the outcome. He nonetheless persisted in waging war using methods that had the predictable effect of depriving millions of people of food, clean water, medicine and other basic necessities.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
While this is true it's also explicit U.S. policy both under Obama and Trump. So it's not exactly off brand if The Rock wants to be president. Sucking off the Saudis is as American as apple pie.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Samovar posted:

Ok, I'm not a camera... Director or whatever. Why are these two not centered? Why are they slightly to the left?

Manga kinetics? (Right to left)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Except in the game that the movie was based on it totally was magic. Although the actual interesting thing is that Himiko/Yamatai are a real thing in Japanese history. It is one of those historical places that we're pretty sure really existed due to other evidence but have no clue where it actually was.

Yeah but not in the movie. It was a fun twist knowing the game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MasqueradeOverture posted:

Manga kinetics? (Right to left)

Someone will cut off Kong's tail and turns out he was just Goku.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't WWE also hold a tournament in Saudi Arabia despite nearly everyone telling them to not support the regime?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

AceOfFlames posted:

Didn't WWE also hold a tournament in Saudi Arabia despite nearly everyone telling them to not support the regime?

Several times!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And ironically their one Arab wrestler did not perform there, because he has been collecting donations for victims of war in Syria.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The MSJ posted:

And ironically their one Arab wrestler did not perform there, because he has been collecting donations for victims of war in Syria.

I get what you're saying, but that's like the opposite of ironic

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tars Tarkas posted:

The latest James Bond film might have to do reshoots...because it's been sitting around so long the tech gadgets the characters have due to product placement are no longer the newest models! But the report originates from The Sun, so how true it is might depend on a certain point of view. They'll probably just CG in fancier phones.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2561937/no-time-to-die-might-have-to-go-into-reshoots-for-a-very-unique-reason-daniel-craig

Didn't something similar already happen with Quantum of Solace? They somehow lost the rights to one of the cars in the first chase scene so they had to edit around it, making it completely incomprehensible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Lmao, is that really what happened?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If that's true it answers many questions, and by many I mean one

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I definitely knew that the writer's strike was the main issue there, but I guess it makes sense that the delay in shooting caused rights issues with one of the cars.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I know that they edited a car out of the opening Quantum chase scene but I didn't know that was the reason. But makes complete sense.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Is he related to the saudi prince who plays dota and love anime girls

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's the same guy, he bought 1/3 of SNK and he's also a fan of abducting, murdering, and dismembering journalist too!

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

I know that they edited a car out of the opening Quantum chase scene but I didn't know that was the reason. But makes complete sense.

I thought it was because one of the stuntmen died while filming the scene?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
A Top Gear magazine article from on-set described how the chase had three Alfa Romeos (159s, I think) chasing the Aston. For whatever reason, maybe to cut the running time and reach the titles sooner, the final movie edited it down to two.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i wonder if any saudi money is going into GME

those saudis sure love to keep their finger on the pulse of gaming

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Thought it was an actual picture of Diana.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Fried Watermelon posted:

There is a LOT of saudi and uae princes and most of them are failsons (the rest are failsons shuffled to positions of power so they order to chainsaw people instead of paying cash for dota coaching)

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 28, 2021

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/netflixuk/status/1354806647684702208?s=21

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Christie as Lucifer is really interesting.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

The MSJ posted:

KStew looks startlingly like Diana, good lord.

Speaking of KStew, I finally got to watch Underwater recently, pretty great stuff.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Boyd Holbrooke is great in everything he does, even the bad stuff, don't know anything about his character but I'm already invested in seeing it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

Christie as Lucifer is really interesting.

Maybe it's because I only know her from Game of Thrones and Star Wars, but I have a hard time imagining her carrying off the personality of Lucifer from the comics.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Boyd Holbrooke is great in everything he does, even the bad stuff, don't know anything about his character but I'm already invested in seeing it.

The Corinthian isn't a super large part but it is pretty meaty. He's literally a nightmare, with mouths where his eyes should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The MSJ posted:

I'm watching the Crown season 4 and the casting is superb so it will be interesting to compare the two Diana's.

Julius CSAR posted:

KStew looks startlingly like Diana, good lord.

Speaking of KStew, I finally got to watch Underwater recently, pretty great stuff.

Watch Personal Shopper, she's great in it. Fascinating movie.