Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tip posted:

:siren::siren:POST #1000:siren::siren:

:worship:

Edit: :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tip posted:

What you gonna watch? I'm close to cancelling Netflix, I'm pretty much out of things to watch.

Finally finishing up Ratched.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tip posted:

:siren::siren:POST #1000:siren::siren:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Feels like just yesterday we were celebrating post 69.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
I bet you could make one of those wizard wine chalices now. I've just been learning how to do dumb stuff with paint.net recently. It feels good to be creative.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

finally watching tiger king now that I know he won't get pardoned

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

yikes! posted:

finally watching tiger king now that I know he won't get pardoned

I think you’re forgetting about Trump 2024 buddy

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

thread you have earned the steve vai/ralph macchio guitar duel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqdL36VKbMQ

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i think this year i want to have 1 or even 2 of those hanging upside-down tomato planters. want to increase my tomato intake by 189%

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

gary oldmans diary posted:

i think this year i want to have 1 or even 2 of those hanging upside-down tomato planters. want to increase my tomato intake by 189%

We did those little Lemon Sweets last season and one of the plants was still producing through October.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I prefer Radiator Charlie’s Mortgage Lifter tomatoes. They’re not super easy to grow but man oh man are they tasty. Also, can’t beat that name.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ah shiiiiit. My housemate just tested positive for the covids.

Bury me with my waifus, friends.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Meme Poker Party posted:

Ah shiiiiit. My housemate just tested positive for the covids.

Bury me with my waifus, friends.

Open all the windoooowwwsss

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Open all the windoooowwwsss

We spent all yesterday windows closed and had our central heating running this morning. We only found out like 40 min ago.

I am probably extremely owned lmao

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I have heard from a VERY reputable source that pouring bleach directly into your lungs makes you pretty much immortal.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Meme Poker Party posted:

We spent all yesterday windows closed and had our central heating running this morning. We only found out like 40 min ago.

I am probably extremely owned lmao

this what u get for sexxin on titty snakes!! ITS AGAINST GODS OWN NATURE when you should be lovin on squatches like Jesus wants!!!

no but seriously please don't die or have people near to you die :(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I have heard from a VERY reputable source that pouring bleach directly into your lungs makes you pretty much immortal.

No no no, that’s not right.

You also have to get UV light into your butthole at the same time you drink the bleach otherwise it doesn’t activate.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Me right now:

I will let you know how it goes, friends.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think I'm gonna go bowling tomorrow.

Solo bowlo

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Meme Poker Party posted:

Me right now:

I will let you know how it goes, friends.

In all seriousness, I have friends and family in various roles in health care, and they all say that doctors have gotten a whole lot better at diagnosing and treating COVID over the past year or so.

I know a few people that caught it recently, and although they all said it sucked, they also all said that it wasn’t nearly as scary as it seemed in March 2020. One dude I know didn’t even miss a day of work, although he looked like rear end in Zoom for a week. YMMV.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
MPP has the power of anime on his side!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I know a few people that caught it recently, and although they all said it sucked, they also all said that it wasn’t nearly as scary as it seemed in March 2020. One dude I know didn’t even miss a day of work, although he looked like rear end in Zoom for a week. YMMV.

Most cases are mild but you never know if that's gonna be you.

I'm young(ish) and had no preexisting conditions and really thought I'd be done with it in a couple weeks. I ended up missing 3 months of work and now I have asthma and ongoing exhaustion. The damage to my lungs might be permanent.

It's loving horrible, do whatever you can to avoid it.

Good luck Meme Poker Party.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Tip posted:

Most cases are mild but you never know if that's gonna be you.

I'm young(ish) and had no preexisting conditions and really thought I'd be done with it in a couple weeks. I ended up missing 3 months of work and now I have asthma and ongoing exhaustion. The damage to my lungs might be permanent.

It's loving horrible, do whatever you can to avoid it.

Good luck Meme Poker Party.

Dang, that is rough. I wish you all the best, and I certainly wasn't intending to minimize COVID--just maybe toss a silver lining to Chomp. I mean, if nothing else he has a lamia doctor waifu in his corner.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Dang, that is rough. I wish you all the best, and I certainly wasn't intending to minimize COVID--just maybe toss a silver lining to Chomp. I mean, if nothing else he has a lamia doctor waifu in his corner.

Sapphee :swoon:

Anyway, covid update. The two other housemates got tested, results were negative. I haven't done it yet because I'd have to pay like $100 or whatever and if I stay in the same house as this guy I'd have to do every day or it's pointless anyway. But that's good news so far. One of the negatives just left to go elsewhere until it's over. The other is gonna stay here but far away (it's a big enough house). We have banished the zombie to his room. He is not allowed out of it except to go the bathroom, which is immediately outside his bedroom door and only he will use. We hung up a makeshift barrier between that spot and the adjoining hallway.

He is not allowed to use the kitchen. However, he is a tender fellow of delicate constitution, with special dietary requirements. So as the only other person who can cook worth a drat, I have been conscripted as temporary chef. I will cook his organic/vegan/whatever stuff and deliver to his bedroom windowsill outside the house, where he will grab it. He will be served with paper/plastic plates and utensils which he can place in a garbage bag until it's full/stinks. A bulk supply of water has been provided.

Use of the heater is suspended until further notice. All windows are to remain open for as long as we can bear the cold. It is possible he will transfer either to a quarantine location with his also-infected father (they are investigating the logistics of that) or in-patient somewhere depending on what happens. Until then, this is the arrangement. Even though I'm probably not infected, I'll assume I am for practical purposes. I have nowhere to go anyway so really it's a elementary point that makes little difference. We're gonna get through this!

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 29, 2021

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

deep dish peat moss did this earlier today and it is awesome and I think it deserves a larger audience so I am xposting it here.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Prof. Crocodile posted:

deep dish peat moss did this earlier today and it is awesome and I think it deserves a larger audience so I am xposting it here.

Cross posting is welcome, especially for things that are cool. I think I speak for Tip when I say the 1000 Page Thread welcomes all forms of posting.

I just had to cook two full dinners tonight so I could feed my imprisoned covid housemate and now I'm plum give out. I ain't never worked with poo poo like black bean noodles or tempeh before so the second one was a process.

Dinner for me (patriotic, red-blooded American who loves anime)

Dinner for him (effeminate, soy-blooded console gamer), delivered to window sill.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
that x-files episode with the parasite in the arctic that goes in your ear was so gross and so is this tribute plate

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I made some coffee this morning and it's really fuckin' good.
Like, you know how some days it just turns out better than others because of the weather or something? Today the coffee gods smiled upon me. Some good drat coffee.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just had a window fall on my head about an hour ago and I’ve been dizzy since and a little nauseous. Probably nothing, I might go take a nap.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Meme Poker Party posted:

Cross posting is welcome, especially for things that are cool. I think I speak for Tip when I say the 1000 Page Thread welcomes all forms of posting.

I just had to cook two full dinners tonight so I could feed my imprisoned covid housemate and now I'm plum give out. I ain't never worked with poo poo like black bean noodles or tempeh before so the second one was a process.

Dinner for me (patriotic, red-blooded American who loves anime)

Dinner for him (effeminate, soy-blooded console gamer), delivered to window sill.

Just feed the zombie dino nuggets and broccoli and everclear

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I smoked out last night and I wanted a quesadilla, but apparently my last tortilla was getting moldy so I had to make do with...uh... Ciabatta rolls...

No regrets

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Just had a window fall on my head about an hour ago and I’ve been dizzy since and a little nauseous. Probably nothing, I might go take a nap.

DST how does a window fall on your head???

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Meme Poker Party posted:

Things fall apart, the center cannot hold.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I feel like this post is probably a joke but being dizzy, nauseous, and tired are all signs of a concussion.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/concussion/symptoms-causes/syc-20355594

If you're still feeling weird after a while you should probably go to the doctor, also if anyone else is around you should tell them you might have a concussion and ask them to keep an eye on you.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I smoked out last night and I wanted a quesadilla, but apparently my last tortilla was getting moldy so I had to make do with...uh... Ciabatta rolls...

No regrets

I looked at the picture before reading and thought you were eating messy chunks of mango and avocado on bread.

I keep thinking about it and I'm still not sure whether that would be good or disgusting.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Meme Poker Party posted:

The actual logistics are hard to describe but it was mostly me not paying attention. You know how you can pull in the bottom part of a double hung window so you can clean the outside? I was doing that and pushed it closed but it didn’t latch properly. I was scraping some old foam insulation off the bottom of said window and since it wasn’t latched completely at the top it popped out and cracked me on the noodle.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tip posted:

I feel like this post is probably a joke but being dizzy, nauseous, and tired are all signs of a concussion.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/concussion/symptoms-causes/syc-20355594

If you're still feeling weird after a while you should probably go to the doctor, also if anyone else is around you should tell them you might have a concussion and ask them to keep an eye on you.

Yeah the taking a nap part was a joke but I was legit nervous I had a concussion. The symptoms passed after a few hours though and I feel fine now other than the massive bruise on the top of my head.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wish the window.................had KILLED U

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ok that's not true but I did make chicken and mushroom alfredo last night and made the chicken in advance in my sous vide cooker and it was slightly over done. The rest of it was excellent however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I wish the window.................had KILLED U

Yeah well I’m GLAD your chicken was overdone!