Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Selachian posted:

Richard's Poor Almanac

When was this written again? I can't tell if panel two is just referencing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or is rather a disturbingly prescient prediction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Some Guy TT posted:

When was this written again? I can't tell if panel two is just referencing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or is rather a disturbingly prescient prediction.

A few days ago mentioned Benjamin Franklin's 300th birthday, which would be 2006. Not sure, if they are in order.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Kennel posted:

A few days ago mentioned Benjamin Franklin's 300th birthday, which would be 2006. Not sure, if they are in order.

Gocomics doesn't include original publication date, and it doesn't make much effort to keep the strips in order, but sometime in 2006-2007 (when the hype train for Deathly Hallows would have been rolling) is the obvious guess.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin and Kell (April 12-16, 1999)

This is a pretty good joke tbh.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I thought chameleons were on the no-eat list because they're cute.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 30, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 30, 1999)

Garfield Classic (May 30, 1989)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Oof. Time has not been kind to this one.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Gonna go on a limb here and say that cartoon was probably more risque in a time period where an actual serious attempt at a domestic military coup wasn't even ten years in the past and the United States had just entered into a war against multiple foreign powers who would have happily blown up American government buildings if only they could figure out how to get here to do it.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Some Guy TT posted:

Gonna go on a limb here and say that cartoon was probably more risque in a time period where an actual serious attempt at a domestic military coup wasn't even ten years in the past...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot for those unfamiliar. The Dollop podcast did a good episode on it.

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (December 30, 1935-January 1, 1936)

Noticed it for a while, but wanted to say this guy's horses (and mule) are really, really good. Look at their winter coats! Look at the ears and expressions!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

Imagine being married for 20+ years and still being so completely insecure with your spouse.

The cool thing about being honest is, if you're willing to tell your partner, "You know I love you and how you look, but those pants do not flatter you at all, sorry," they'll actually believe you when you tell them they look nice!

Like, not breaking it out every time they come down in PJ pants or whatever. But if they ask your opinion, it's safe to give it!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
F I hate this joke

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Just tell your wife that the pants make her rear end look hot and you want to gently caress her. It's not that hard, Ed.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

The Good Innvandrer

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lowen SoDium posted:

Just tell your wife that the pants make her rear end look hot and you want to gently caress her. It's not that hard, Ed.

Tell her she has a dump truck rear and you wanna toss her garbage.

Or just say “meow” and scuttle away like a cat.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

Nancy 1946

This prick just keeps getting owned

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominposting

His Divine Shadow posted:

The death of one man birb is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic source of compost for Moominmamma's rose garden.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jun. 27, 1943)

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

It'd be one thing if she was out of shape or the jeans comically did make her look bigger than usual, but she's a middle-aged woman who has two kids and manages to keep it tight. Meanwhile, this fat turd can't even go a week without stuffing his face with empty calories.

amigolupus posted:

Oh my loving god, these two are the absolute worst. The kid's not playing with the robot because she sees Mars as a sibling, she's doing it because she grew up thinking of the robot as a toy. I don't think these two even explained to their kid what Mars's deal is, or that she has a sibling.

See, I thought they were the worst because they're all dressed in matching denim/tucked-in white T-shirts. But this is awful, too.

Modesty Blaise

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This joke is so old and Boomer-y that it should be drawing Medicare checks.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

"YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL"
"HONEY, THERE IS NOT MUCH THOSE JEANS CAN DO BECAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY THIN."
"I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT FASHION, BUT I DO KNOW THAT YOU LOOK FANTASTIC."

Of course, if you don't think she looks great in those jeans, it's safe to tell her they don't flatter her. And if you think she looks like a dump truck in general, please do look in a mirror sometime. It is such an easy question to answer, you doofus.

Bernice is allegedly Luann's best friend. If Luann is having a romantic rendezvous (she is absolutely not), then that is prime material for telling your best friend. But these two aren't even willing to talk to each other when they have a crush. It's sad.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Julet Esqu posted:

"YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL"

Of course, if you don't think she looks great in those jeans, it's safe to tell her they don't flatter her. And if you think she looks like a dump truck in general, please do look in a mirror sometime. It is such an easy question to answer, you doofus.

Bernice is allegedly Luann's best friend. If Luann is having a romantic rendezvous (she is absolutely not), then that is prime material for telling your best friend. But these two aren't even willing to talk to each other when they have a crush. It's sad.

However, there's plenty of room for extremely smug faces.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lowen SoDium posted:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Does Bernice think she's still the RA in Luann's house?

e: more to the point, do the Evans think Bernice is still the RA in Luann's house?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Selachian posted:

Richard's Poor Almanac

Well this sure aged interestingly.

I can't be assed to do my 70s comics right now so have a shorter post:

2017 Spiderman

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

"YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL"

jesus bernice just be happy for your friend for once

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Bernice does not know happiness. She only knows judgement.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
And no one could be happy that a sexual interaction happened, unless it's to make children that one of those involved doesn't want.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

jesus dog just be happy for your friend for once

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Wait is Rerun supposed to be Linus' twin brother or had Schulz just completely given up on attempting to make characters look distinct?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Julet Esqu posted:

"YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL"

These women are both like, 20, right? They've been in college for years. This is Luann's house. What the gently caress is going on here?

BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Well don't be a dick about it if you want it to happen again, Greg!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wait is Rerun supposed to be Linus' twin brother or had Schulz just completely given up on attempting to make characters look distinct?

Rerun is Linus's baby brother, but he also happens to be a dead ringer for Linus, which is why everyone calls him that.

So...the second one, maybe. :shrug:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Vargo posted:

Wallace

Anyone else slightly disapointed that this doesn't fit to the meter of My Favorite Things?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Vargo posted:

Curtis

Well don't be a dick about it if you want it to happen again, Greg!
What is it with parents who see their kid finally doing something they wanted them to do and immediately poke fun at them for it?

Tendales posted:

jesus dog just be happy for your friend for once
I like Footrot Flats(shocking as the guy who posts it, I know) but yeah, it gets old seeing the dog be Like That about Wal romancing women.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Jesus Bernice, you are just the loving worst. Same for you, Luann!

This is so dumb but I kinda love it.

The Shadow and Flyin' Jenny Aug. 14th, 1940

Axa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban