Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

The finger names kinda make sense, sort of. "Thumb" is dumb but "pointer"? Sure, that's relatable. "Middle" is boring but also relatable, as is "ring" in Western cultures at least. "Pinkie" I've always assumed was some kind of sex reference, but at least it's diminutive with that "ie" at the end.

All in all, not great, but not terrible either. But then you get to the toes...

"Big" toe is the only one that isn't named after its finger equivalent and it's the best for it. You wouldn't call your thumb the "big finger", because it's probably not unless you have severely different hands than most people. "Pointer" toes, however, are stupid; pointing to what??? "Index" toe makes even less sense. Meanwhile "middle" toe is again incredibly bland but at least honest, while a "ring" toe, I don't know, if it does have cultural reinforcement it's real light. And then there's the "pinkie" toe, which I can't even come to a lewd theory about. If you can fit your pinkie toe anywhere pink on yourself comfortably, there is a career waiting for you in adult films.

Clearly the toes could use some new names of their own, so let's brainstorm some. What if we changed...

Big toe -> Emperor toe
Pointer toe -> Scout toe
Middle toe -> The other bird
Ring toe -> Bonus toe
Pinkie toe -> Smash toe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Market toe, home toe, roast beef toe, hungry toe, wee wee wee toe.

google THIS

Finger Prince posted:

:hmmyes:

Stoner Sloth

Finger Prince posted:

funnily enough at least one hospital in the UK was using this to identify individual toes (since there is no proper medical name for them) for x-rays so you'd get patient notes like

'x-ray, left foot, roast beef and none'

(e: remember reading this in a book about medical mistakes and think it was during the 80's or early 90's so no idea if this still happens)

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

BlueDekuNuts

Stoner Sloth posted:

funnily enough at least one hospital in the UK was using this to identify individual toes (since there is no proper medical name for them) for x-rays so you'd get patient notes like

(e: remember reading this in a book about medical mistakes and think it was during the 80's or early 90's so no idea if this still happens)

"Damnit, we lost another wee wee wee. I need duct tape, stat!"

BoldFrankensteinMir

You can tell it's the home toe without looking, because it has two ridges for your index fingers to always return to.

Sig by Heather Papps

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Stoner Sloth posted:

I do not want a doctor referring to my anatomy by cuts of meat.

Finger Prince

Buttchocks posted:

I do not want a doctor referring to my anatomy by cuts of meat.

Pulled my brisket lifting weights.

google THIS

Big, second, third, fourth, pinky

google THIS

That seemed logical until I typed it out and I now realize that it's anarchy

BoldFrankensteinMir

Big toe, Long toe, Medium toe, Other Medium toe, Short toe

Sig by Heather Papps

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
John, George, Paul, Ringo, Yoko

BoldFrankensteinMir

Original, Code Red, Livewire, Voltage, and Baja Blast

Sig by Heather Papps

Finger Prince

Jim-Bob, Jethro, Bubba, Randy, Cooter, Cletus

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Stoner Sloth posted:

sir, it's your roast beef. i've consulted with the head of podiatry and he concurs that we'll...have to remove your roast beef. i'm so sorry, sir

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

my little toe never touches the ground so i call that one the "floater"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

google THIS

Excuse me, my "hamstring?" I'll think you not to get familiar

google THIS

Dr. Lecter over here creeping on my "liver," wtf is a hepatologist anyway doesn't even sound real

Heather Papps

hello friend

in honour of jrr tolkens seminal masterpiece "the hobbit" the largest toe will now be known clinically as a "Bilbo"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Heather Papps posted:

in honour of jrr tolkens seminal masterpiece "the hobbit" the largest toe will now be known clinically as a "Bilbo"

Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
That's what Big Toe Baggins hates!

Sig by Heather Papps

FutonForensic

it would be an improvement if the four lesser toes were fused together into one durable megatoe

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

Came here from thread title alone to post this and am pleased it was post #2

alnilam

Big thick nail
The middle 3
Tiny hosed up nail that curves upwards kinda

BoldFrankensteinMir

Do people with 6 toes get an extra little piggie in the rhyme?

...and this little piggie went wee wee wee, all the way home.
...and THIS little piggie went ciao ciao ciao, vacationing in Rome.

Sig by Heather Papps

alnilam

And this little piggy... they all laughed at this little piggy back at the academy, didn't they. But... heh but who's laughing now! *lightning crash* *pulls away sheet to reveal steaming plate of artificial roast beef*

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Big Pete, Wiggles, Firminon, Smithers, Rascal Boy

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tiamat red
Tiamat green
Tiamat blue
Tiamat black
Tiamat white

Sig by Heather Papps

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
let's call em "spankies"

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
"foot sausages"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Finger Prince

Nosfereefer posted:

"foot sausages"

Bratwurst, chorizo, andouille, Cumberland, hot dog

nut

Finger Prince posted:

nut

which one is the camel

Finger Prince

nut posted:

which one is the camel

In between the left and right market toes.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
So we're just gonna completely bypass the Dis Liddle Piddy Committee and not even give them a heads up?

Alright, since we call cat's feets "beans" then I propose...

HUMAN BEANS.

I'll see myself out the window

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Hubertus, Codex, Chuck, Lister, Li'l Dunson.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe and Larry

Sig by Heather Papps

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i propose that we rename the little toe "baldrick", as its functionally useless and tend to get injured

BoldFrankensteinMir

Nosfereefer posted:

i propose that we rename the little toe "baldrick", as its functionally useless and tend to get injured

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

toe, toe too, toe too too, toe with a vengeance, the toe formerly known as pinky

sadly toe too may no longer be lightheartedly referred to as "electric boogaloo"

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

mods, namechange plz