Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep posted:

sciatica is back with a vengeance this evening and I also keep getting these painful bumps on my tongue. been like two weeks. I’m about to chew the fucker off.

put some salt on the sores for a few minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

check your toothpaste. if i use the wrong toothpaste it ruins my week

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

Maybe I've been using the wrong toothpaste my whole life, huh.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’ll the salt thing, ty. nothing new on the toothpaste front. i do have this really stubborn cold though and i hear these bumps can be caused by some viruses.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

mystes posted:

Maybe I've been using the wrong toothpaste my whole life

oh my god

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it’s the wrong toothpaste, grommet!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I have an underbite that caused a large painful canker on the tip of my tongue for YEARS until I used a combination of a soft mouth guard and these magical things for about 2 weeks.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Look for a toothpaste with fluoride, but without sodium lauryl sulfate. Sls is soap and is a foaming agent, but doesn’t do much for cleaning. However, it can cause irritation and also blocks som taste receptors. Sls is the reason coffee tastes awful if you drink it too soon after brushing your teeth.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

put some salt on the sores for a few minutes

tried this, and while it was intense at first it did help. thanks, goon. 👍

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

enjoy your hypertension beep

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I have an underbite that caused a large painful canker on the tip of my tongue for YEARS until I used a combination of a soft mouth guard and these magical things for about 2 weeks.

:yosnice: ive never seen these but am going to find some now

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

SLS is fine for me, the problem is what type of fluoride is used. sodium fluoride is fine, stannous fluoride fucks me up

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I got a home blood pressure thing on the advice of my doctor and my first 3 readings have a 40 point range. I suspect I'm doing it wrong

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

qirex posted:

I got a home blood pressure thing on the advice of my doctor and my first 3 readings have a 40 point range. I suspect I'm doing it wrong

my wife has one and it just swings that wildly. I have no idea how this is a useful diagnostic tool.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I used it for a week or so and i am either the healthiest man on earth or have one foot in the grave, depending on which of ten measurements you pay attention to

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

my wife has one and it just swings that wildly.

:mrgw:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

update shoutout to roosevelt. ever since i put some salt on my tongue yesterday it’s felt better than it has in a few weeks. the system works!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Always put salt on your tongue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_83MEuLoz9Y

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

Reposting to annoy high BP posters

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Not bad after drinking a whole pot of coffee.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

look at that 90s as gently caress tie. jeez.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bp measuring devices will never be accurate until they invent one that takes stealth checks without you knowing you're having your BP checked.

there should be a 25 point handicap built in when you know your BP is being taken. oh god what are the numbers going to be aaaa

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

white coat anxiety

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

bp measuring devices will never be accurate until they invent one that takes stealth checks without you knowing you're having your BP checked.

there should be a 25 point handicap built in when you know your BP is being taken. oh god what are the numbers going to be aaaa

this is why you have to do it every day, eventually you calm the gently caress down and start getting somewhat accurate readings

my bp at home is always better than at the doctor and i bet this is part of the reason

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

when i got hit by that car on my first bike, the EMTs were wonderful, patient and just chilled out on the curb for 45 minutes while they fed me ice water and kept taking my pulse until it dropped to 'we can legally release him' limits. For over a half hour it was 160+. I was a loaded machine gun ready to tear the person that hit me into their constituent molecules

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

you can take a few deep breaths and relax before taking it, and your numbers will be significantly lower

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

update shoutout to roosevelt. ever since i put some salt on my tongue yesterday it’s felt better than it has in a few weeks. the system works!

i am very old and wise. im glad it's feeling better, i hate those things

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

I used it for a week or so and i am either the healthiest man on earth or have one foot in the grave, depending on which of ten measurements you pay attention to

my dad and I were messing with one my mom had and it said I was statistically not living and he was a 19 year old male. I think they tossed it and bought something better

Jonny 290 posted:

for real. idk when, but in the last few years I somehow mastered calm checkup mode and the nurses always comment now. I think one time it was a bit high so she rechecked and asked if anything else was bothering me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I'm gonna venn mouth chat and health device chat and say that I wish I started using a waterpik sooner. someone gave me an old one they replaced with something nicer and it makes cleaning tight teeth so much easier

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
protip: use half listerine, half water in your waterpik

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i was cautiously tossing a cap of scope in, i'll have to try upping it to 1:1

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i use a floss pick. i used a waterpik when i had braces as a kid though. it was ok i guess

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

had a stressful experience with this a couple years ago, they were like 'haha, couple more points wed have to keep you here a couple more hours' and i was like I JUST WANT. TO . GO HOME

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
after this is over in 3Q 2022 i wonder if my air travel anxiety is going to be more or less

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jonny 290 posted:

apple is working real real hard to add blood pressure sensors to their watches

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
when i did my life insurance re-assessment last year the merc nurse took my blood pressure 3 times, which is apparently standard. mine went down each time but even the first was normal. but knowing what's coming and keeping mentally chill apparently helps

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotor posted:

protip: use half listerine, half water in your waterpik

Named after Joseph Lister, who pioneered antiseptic surgery at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary in Scotland, Listerine was developed in 1879 by Joseph Lawrence, a chemist in St. Louis, Missouri.[1]

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

prefect posted:

Named after Joseph Lister, who pioneered antiseptic surgery at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary in Scotland, Listerine was developed in 1879 by Joseph Lawrence, a chemist in St. Louis, Missouri.[1]

:fishmech:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

prefect posted:

The Two Joes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

(i started listening to the dollop podcast again :blush:)