Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
turnover plank kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Roasted Donut posted:

who cares, he was really terrible. a full back playing qb

his name was “will leave us” how could they not have been prepared for this as a fanbase

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

as opposed to, uh

Declan MacManus posted:

his name was “will leave us” how could they not have been prepared for this as a fanbase
lol gently caress

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Declan MacManus posted:

lol

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Tennessee would be an amazing job if not for the turbo hosed administration and boosters.

Lots of history, great facilities, plenty of cash to throw around, right in a nice distance from lots of recruiting places with good players. Knoxville is a p chill place all in all.

All of which is slathered in a slick layer of poo poo from the top down def on the football side. Roundball seems to be okay I guess. There is no reason Tenn shouldn't be in contention for the east, but they can't get out of their own way. 3 top ten recruiting classes in the last 6 years, it's not like you can't get talent there.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
We had a string of garbage dick AD’s since Hamilton left and I’d the rumors are true, Fulmer might be the worst of them, I hate to say.

Hopefully Danny White is as good as billed or it’s just gonna keep going.

The Twitter side of the fan base likely won’t ever change but DW’s comments on them have been pretty hilarious

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The absolute best Penn State alumni story I've ever heard came from the Paterno thread in SAS right after the Sandusky poo poo blew up. I'm going from decade+ memory (it's in archives somewhere), but they were an ADA, and were called in to the boss' office, and told that they were being removed from all active child abuse cases, because he was a Penn State alum and it'd be a conflict of interest.

The boss waited about 10 excruciating seconds before busting out in laughter.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

We had a string of garbage dick AD’s since Hamilton left and I’d the rumors are true, Fulmer might be the worst of them, I hate to say.

The Twitter side of the fan base likely won’t ever change but DW’s comments on them have been pretty hilarious

Any real good tea you want to spill about Fulmar?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

GD_American posted:

The absolute best Penn State alumni story I've ever heard came from the Paterno thread in SAS right after the Sandusky poo poo blew up. I'm going from decade+ memory (it's in archives somewhere), but they were an ADA, and were called in to the boss' office, and told that they were being removed from all active child abuse cases, because he was a Penn State alum and it'd be a conflict of interest.

The boss waited about 10 excruciating seconds before busting out in laughter.

I remember this story too. That boss owns.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fifty Three posted:

as opposed to, uh

as opposed to who cares because if he's starting they aren't winning jack poo poo anyways

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Literally one of the most notable child molestation cases in recent American history happened at Penn State and yet its so funny when alumni/fans get really pissed off anytime it comes up. I made an off handed twitter joke a while ago and got piled on so much with responses being like "really, it happened ten years ago...get over it." Which is a very interesting attitude.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Roasted Donut posted:

isnt this also basically sean clifford though

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Any real good tea you want to spill about Fulmar?

I mean I could share it but take it with a HUGE grain of salt. It's a friend of the friend is an insider thing, but honestly the way things have gone it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. This is what I was told, from a guy that works at the university but not within the athletic department:

quote:

Check this out:

Background Anecdote

A Vol beat writer (leaving his name out) became a friend of Pruitt’s, who apparently had very few in Knoxville. A year or so back, he went to a golf tournament in Georgia with Pruitt and on the way back, Pruitt stopped at a bank to make a huge withdrawal. Then they and dropped it off with a contact to make direct payments throughout Georgia to recruits. Pruitt was paying these kids out of his own pocket in many instances. Beat writer obviously didn’t care too much, but was pretty shocked at how brazen the Vols were being about. This story was told to my buddy by the writer.

Pay-for-Play

Niedermeyer and Pruitt were the ones paying players directly. Niedermeyer got sloppy and gave Brian Maurer (backup QB) his credit card to take recruits to a strip club. Brian got drunk and left the card there, so the tabs were sent to Athletic dept to ensure they got paid.

News of the pay for play issues came out during Tex A&M week. To'o To'o and Eric Gray were told to to sit by the compliance dept, but Pruitt said to hell with it, didn’t care about the compliance staff, and let them play anyway. Pruitt laughed off compliance on multiple occasions apparently.

The reason this investigation happened is bc Trey Smith's (OL) sister Ashley Smith, who is an Asst. AD for UT, heard a discussion between players and Niedermeyer about cash and informed a compliance officer. That officer told Pruitt but he did not sit players and heed any warnings, so the officer went directly to Chancellor Ploughman instead of Pruitt or Fulmer, because Fulmer was also complicit. Ploughman proactively brought in the outside firm to try to mitigate the damage.

Fulmer was the confidential informant on Bama in 1995 which lead to their probation. This is why Bama has such intense disdain for Fulmer over everybody else. It's also this knowledge that lead UT to let him retire so they could pay his $1MM to keep his mouth shut.

UT has been trying to get Pruitt for cause since early in the season. They were trying to get him for not following COVID protocols, but couldn’t get anything to stick. Tee Martin leaked the investigation to the press because he hates Pruitt…context, Tee Martin was forced on Pruitt by Fulmer. Martin doesn’t actually coach, he just recruits and hangs out with players. He didn’t even show up to his first coaching meeting, and was found in his office asleep with Netflix on in the background. LOL. Pruitt hates him, and Tee hates Pruitt. Tee saw a chance to stick it to Pruitt in the public eye and did.

There have now been 50+ known major violations verified and rising.

Basically it reads like Fulmer said pay me or I spill the beans like I did with Bama, which if true fuuuuuuck that guy. Also lol on the Tee stuff

Again, huge grain of salt but where there's smoke there's fire.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 29, 2021

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I mean I could share it but take it with a HUGE grain of salt. It's a friend of the friend is an insider thing, but honestly the way things have gone it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. This is what I was told, from a guy that works at the university but not within the athletic department:

Basically it reads like Fulmer said pay me or I spill the beans like I did with Bama, which if true fuuuuuuck that guy. Also lol on the Tee stuff

Again, huge grain of salt but where there's smoke there's fire.

Tee Martin was the WR coach at UK under Joker Phillips. In 2011, in the midst of what would be a 5-7 season, Tee Martin (again, the WR coach for the Wildcats) was asked why the wide receivers keep dropping so many balls.

Tee's response? "I don't know, I didn't play the position."

So the story about him not coaching is not only believable, but pretty loving confirmed.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I will say one thing: Danny White is great on the media end. He's been a great advocate for the school and got us a lot of national attention.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

Sean Clifford can make nice passes every now and then

Levis was QB Power all day, every day

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Former Everything posted:

Tee Martin was the WR coach at UK under Joker Phillips. In 2011, in the midst of what would be a 5-7 season, Tee Martin (again, the WR coach for the Wildcats) was asked why the wide receivers keep dropping so many balls.

Tee's response? "I don't know, I didn't play the position."

So the story about him not coaching is not only believable, but pretty loving confirmed.

Yeah he apparently was pretty bummed and reached out to Peerless Price (Price tweeted about it) about not being considered for the HC job and it's like no loving poo poo dude why would you be?

zimbomonkey posted:

I will say one thing: Danny White is great on the media end. He's been a great advocate for the school and got us a lot of national attention.

I definitely like him a lot so far. I also like that he's got no connection to the school so he (hopefully) won't have any issue with telling Haslam to kiss his rear end.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tee is a tier one bagman so schools are always trying to move him up the ranks before realizing that he isn't actually very good at the coaching part of the job.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

MourningView posted:

Tee is a tier one bagman so schools are always trying to move him up the ranks before realizing that he isn't actually very good at the coaching part of the job.

He's from Mobile so there was a contingent pushing him for the South Alabama job a few years ago, but that was DOA.

edit- to be clear, it wasn't ethics, we just couldn't afford him

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

he's at least been and shown potential to be decent at times (when he's not turning the ball over nonstop like the start of this year). levis on the other hand had shown zero throwing ability

i'd like a portal qb regardless but that doesn't really look like it's going to happen

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I did some work with the UTK compliance dept when I was grad student there, and uhh they were ignored then too. It was kind of accepted that they were just kinda trying their best while no one really cared that much about what they had to say. Especially in basketball and football.

More like suggestions than actual guidance was the impression I got from my time in there.

Fulmer is 100% believable as a rat scheming prick. Got majors gone, hosed over Bama, and undermined Curie to the point of replacing him. It's just his brand at this point.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Important question- did NCAA 2014 allow for 0 as a jersey number?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

General Dog posted:

Important question- did NCAA 2014 allow for 0 as a jersey number?

No.

Nor does it allow for two players to have the same number. Which is possible irl.

We need a new CFB game so bad :cry:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

Tangential to this, I saw a doctor last month, his medical school diploma was hanging behind him and I didn't recognize the name, so I asked about it. He said "great school. Good teachers, had a great time there." with absolutely no identifying information

So I googled it on the way home and it was in the loving Bahamas lol

Congratulations on your future malpractice suit riches

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
As a Northwestern fan, I’d like to congratulate the Iowa State program for firing Mick McCall today. Well done, only took us a decade to reach that decision.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Piper posted:

As a Northwestern fan, I’d like to congratulate the Iowa State program for firing Mick McCall today. Well done, only took us a decade to reach that decision.

oh no he'll be back

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Piper posted:

dang the dude he coached almost won the Doak Walker seems harsh

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

The Notorious ZSB posted:

No.

Nor does it allow for two players to have the same number. Which is possible irl.

We need a new CFB game so bad :cry:

You might be able to do it with a roster editor.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Rectal Placenta posted:

You might be able to do it with a roster editor.

Maybe I dunno, im not hacking my 360 to run the modified one so oh well.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Maybe I dunno, im not hacking my 360 to run the modified one so oh well.

if you got at least 4 gigs of ram, a 3.2 ghz cpu, and a halfway decent graphics card you don’t have to :wink:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm not sure if the Sinful Seven book needed the Jack Trice murdering George Wallace part, seems in poor taste. Otherwise a fun, informative read.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
lmao the only way it's in poor taste is if it wasn't 70 pages of long, slow torture

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The what now?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Spencer Hall, Jason Kirt, Richard Johnson, Alex Kirshner and maybe one or two other SBNation cast-offs wrote a book that’s half college football history, half alternative college football history called Sinful Seven. It’s pretty great!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

General Dog posted:

I'm not sure if the Sinful Seven book needed the Jack Trice murdering George Wallace part, seems in poor taste. Otherwise a fun, informative read.

If you think that’s in poor taste wait until you learn what really happened to Jack Trice

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think I read Spencer’s story on him a couple of years back.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
UCF lost its coach and got one of its biggest recruits ever in the same week. Feels pretty good.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Finished second place in a poker tournament last night to a Michigan fan who was playing like Mike DeBord was operating his betting strategy. Dude had a 50,000-chip lead over me and was folding small blinds in heads up. Though...it worked; I got frustrated because I didn't want to be there all night, got too aggressive, went down. A great moment for Michigan Men everywhere

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/FCDallas/status/1356061057341661186

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

For those who don't know, Tessman (the player who pops up on the split screen) is a Clemson grad and is Dabo's godson.

He actually attended camp in 2019 as a kicker for Clemson and was REALLY good. But dude got offered by FC Dallas and apparently has been killing it.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 1, 2021