Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JUNGLE BOY VS FTR MAN 58 71.60%
Britt vs The National Front Disco 2 2.47%
Eddie vs Archer 7 8.64%
Bullet Club vs Dark Order 14 17.28%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lamuella posted:

Kingston vs Archer 2 as a lumberjack match

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1354913079524470784

I really hope that like halfway through the match, everyone that Eddie's wronged will just walk in, surround BBB, and Lance throws Eddie into them so that everyone else can beat Eddie to a pulp, karmically.

Ok, so, the battle royale. Here's how I think it'll go down:
The Inner Circle will be even closer to splitting up. MJF and Sammy will mess with each other, Jericho and Hager will side with MJF on it but Santana and Ortiz will back up Sammy. Leads into Sammy vs MJF at Revolution and PnP deciding to leave the IC to chase the belts.
JE and FTR will keep fighting each other during the battle royal to keep the feud going and will have a big match at Revolution.
PP will mostly focus on Dark Order at Matt Hardy's request.
Last 3 will be TF, PP and YB. PP will cheat to take down TF, and the Bucks will put them down, further infuriating Matt Hardy. Then *sigh* Young Bucks vs Good Brothers at Revolution. :/

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does Brett Gelman give anyone else the creeps?

He sets off my creep detector and I don't know why.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wasnt the stipulation of the inner circle tag match that the winner would be the official tag team of the stable, or did I make that up?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Wasnt the stipulation of the inner circle tag match that the winner would be the official tag team of the stable, or did I make that up?

I asked this in the GDT and someone pointed out the likelihood it's supposed to be if PnP or Sammy Hager win they give the title shot to Jericho/MJF.

I'm just glad Bryan and Dave were asking this same question too.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

This is 100% going to be an issue during the match.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I asked this earlier but didn’t get an answer.

Did they do Kips bachelor party? I could have swore it was promoted and Miro was hyping it but I can not recall them doing anything with it and now the wedding is on next week show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

HOT! New Memes posted:

Did they do Kips bachelor party? I could have swore it was promoted and Miro was hyping it but I can not recall them doing anything with it and now the wedding is on next week show.

They went to the arcade.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HOT! New Memes posted:

AEW did not air a segment out of a Kip Sabian bachelor party, only Miro meeting noted video game personality that people hate for some reason Billy Mitchell asking for advice on how to make it memorable.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Chuck can't say poo poo on TNT, they can't show the bachelor party.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I remember the Billy Mitchell thing at the arcade but I thought that was a setup to show the bachelor party. So the Billy Mitchell segment was it?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

WWE has ruined me because I instantly flinched at Tony Khan being referred to as the GM :shepface:

Oh man I didn't even notice that.

I think that's the first time he's been referred to as "GM". He's definitely gonna become an on-screen character soon.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is such a weird and wonderful combo of people

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I hope he's not a real creep, but he plays almost exclusively creeps and weirdos.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"tony khan's gonna be an on screen character any day now" -people for about 8 months

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HOT! New Memes posted:

I remember the Billy Mitchell thing at the arcade but I thought that was a setup to show the bachelor party. So the Billy Mitchell segment was it?

Yep. The story wasn’t working so they canned it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Oh man I didn't even notice that.

I think that's the first time he's been referred to as "GM". He's definitely gonna become an on-screen character soon.

I'd have to look into it, but I'm pretty sure he's been referred to as GM Tony Khan when booking matches to save space in tweets before.

Jordan7hm posted:

Yep. The story wasn’t working so they canned it.

I joke that Gamer Miro hasn't changed and people are just liking the gamer now, but he has deffo stepped off the gas on pitching things that gel with the WWF's style guide but less so with AEW's. And segments like the Billy Mitchell one were pretty on it for what I think of when I think of the wwf style guide not working in AEW.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah he feels different than he did when he first showed up. Part of the is just seeing him in matches, but they’ve also given him better direction than the Best Man stuff.

I do like that the Best Man is feuding with the Best Friends though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Every feud the Best Friends get in is some lighthearted b-movie poo poo and I'm all for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

"tony khan's gonna be an on screen character any day now" -people for about 8 months

Except he has, uh, become an on-screen character at some point in the last 8 months. Just not in AEW. Yet.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shad Khan and his glorious mustache should be the on air authority figure

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
There should be an oil painting of Shad Khan at various publicly visible locations around Daily's Place like in a government building.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Lamuella posted:

Kingston vs Archer 2 as a lumberjack match

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1354913079524470784

:bisonyes:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also I super like running back the Archer/Kingston match because the first one got blanked out and using a natural stipulation with the match that has some cool storyline potential for the match.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

karmicknight posted:

There should be an oil painting of Shad Khan at various publicly visible locations around Daily's Place like in a government building.

Shad Khan spotted off in the background working different jobs at the stadium every week like Zelig.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Every feud the Best Friends get in is some lighthearted b-movie poo poo and I'm all for it.

Can’t wait for them to save Daily’s Place when MJF tries to sell it and turn it into a strip mall.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Shad Khan and his glorious mustache should be the on air authority figure

There should be a 30 second segment where he pulls up in a different supercar, rolls down the window and books a match.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Can’t wait for them to save Daily’s Place when MJF tries to sell it and turn it into a strip mall.

one day Hangman is gonna have to beat MJF in a 2 on 1 cage match against he and Wardlow to stop him from closing an orphanage

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If AEW ever was legally mandated to have a heel GM I would really love to see QT Marshall in that role because his ego tripping middle manager character on Sammy's vlog is incredible.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

I hope he's not a real creep, but he plays almost exclusively creeps and weirdos.
yeah i think he's in the same boat as jason mantzoukas where he just plays the creep really well

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Everything I've heard is that he's a really nice guy in real life, but he is such an effective creep onscreen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

There should be a 30 second segment where he pulls up in a different supercar, rolls down the window and books a match.

:hmmyes:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope we get another hoodlum segment next week. Maybe Darby will teach Sting how to do graffitis!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Sting and Darby ringing doorbells and running away.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

If AEW ever was legally mandated to have a heel GM I would really love to see QT Marshall in that role because his ego tripping middle manager character on Sammy's vlog is incredible.

Yeah he is just a fantastic piece of poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They should bring in an older, spookier wrestler to cut promos for Darby and Sting. He sits up on the roof of the arena

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My favorite part of the hoodlum poo poo promo is that Darby and Sting talked it but Team Taz actually did it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Sting and Darby ringing doorbells and running away.

Sting and Darby TPing Taz's house then running away laughing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They should bring in an older, spookier wrestler to cut promos for Darby and Sting. He sits up on the roof of the arena
unfortunately papa shango is very slightly younger than sting

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

karmicknight posted:

noted video game personality that people hate for some reason Billy Mitchell

He's portrayed as a big time heel in The King of Kong (Donkey Kong documentary), and there's been controversy around the legitimacy of some of his high score records that I haven't paid much attention to.

I have a friend who has met him irl and says he's a really nice person, but my friend is totally the kind of person who'd get flimflammed by a charismatic huckster so the jury is out on this one. Personally, I default to disliking anyone who wears an American flag necktie.

But yes, trap sprung.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Billy Mitchell is a huge douchebag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

for anyone who could possibly care