Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
That's the 2nd car accident KAT had been a part of in the last 2 years
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26077573/timberwolves-karl-anthony-towns-lucky-alive-accident
He was a passenger and at a stop the last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jack's Flow posted:

Listening to the Lowe Post and it’s still fun to hear that everyone in the Bulls organisation positively hated Boylen—except for the dude who gave him a contract.

Thanks, it's rare to hear the big shows talk about the bulls. Both Lowe and Friedell were big on the Bulls making a move to try and get Beal. Beal rules and it would be cool for him to be a bull but right now the bulls are basically a bunch of Guys around a really good scorer and while Beal is an order of magnitude better than Lavine, they'd basically be that same team with fewer competent platers and no Assets hoping other guys would sign here for the first time this century.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I would much rather keep Lavine around the next two years tbh, than pay Beal.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Intruder posted:

KAT definitely opened a pharaoh's tomb or some poo poo

He told Michael Jordan that he didn't think he could master the art of voodoo, and so he took it personally.

Edit
Vote this man into the all star game. It's the closest thing we as fans can do for him to "all sending him flowers"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Athanatos posted:

Last week on "Better Know a Player" we learned about Isaiah Roby of the OKC Thunder.

This week, we are introduced to Chandler Hutchison

Chandler is a 3rd year player drafted 22nd overall in the 2018 NBA draft out of Boise State (Mountain West PotY), by the Chicago Bulls. He's a 6-6, 210lb Small Forward. This year in 5 games (was away from the team with COVID) he's averaged 2.6 points per game, 3.8 rebounds, 0.8 assists. Hutchison is shooting .278 from the field and 33.3% from deep.

Random Chandler Hutchison Highlight:
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1339405491479392257

Random Chandler Hutchison SA Post:

Chandler Hutchison plays for the Chicago Bulls.

This name is definitely familiar due to our Bulls fans friends.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Why not trade lavine for ASSETS

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

big boi posted:

I woke up all cracked out at 1am and this thread is a balm for the soul. Good night to all, especially Nikola Jokic, who at this hour is doing synchronized snoring with his brothers on two California Kings pushed together

LMAO @ nikola doing that

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

Why not trade lavine for ASSETS

They might do that, but as all learned NBA Analysts in this thread know, it depends on the 'SETs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I remember KJ McDaniels

And his mom

Who can forget when the Rockets put him in a game specifically to foul Andre Drummond six times

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The weird thing about the Bulls is that to the extent they've had success it is because they are being carried by the vets while the YOUNG CORE is just kind of whatever. One of the most obvious moves they have, if they are not hellbent on making the play-in, is to trade all or some of Sato, Thad, Temple (who has been really good), and Big Waddle Otto, all of whom can help teams and get the Bulls set up. Doing this, though, would completely tank them. I wouldn't be opposed to this, although they would probably unwatchable again instead of fun.

They could also deal one of the young core: Lauri is the obvious one to go since he has a tough fit with Wendell, can't really play the 5 defensively, and is having a little bounceback season where he now has some value as an impending RFA where he might not even be a bull next season anyway. I don't know how much value Wendell (hurt again) or Coby might have on their own.

They could also say gently caress it and trade Zach. That would be another full rebuild for at least a few more seasons, but might be their best chance to try to land an elusive star since they have drafted mainly decent players and they can hope Pat Williams beckmes Kawhi somehow. I don't know how much appetite there is for that since thry have sucked for so long.

Or they do nothing and try to make the play-in and are kind of a fun bad team. Who knows? The new FO is really tight-lipped and has no track record.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/jensenoffcampus/status/1355228987124031488?s=19

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’d trade my own mother for the right asset

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

big boi posted:

I woke up all cracked out at 1am and this thread is a balm for the soul. Good night to all, especially Nikola Jokic, who at this hour is doing synchronized snoring with his brothers on two California Kings pushed together

lmao at this mental image

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
How is Wayne Ellington shooting 53% from three this year

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

drat. Rough year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

How is Wayne Ellington shooting 53% from three this year

He's way over his head this year but he's been a good shooter for a long time, he was kind of the prototype for how miami uses Duncan Robinson now when he was with them, some contender who needs another shooter like the Bucks or whoever needs to try to get him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I've always been surprised how little traction Wayne Ellington gets every year at the trade deadline and no one ever re-signs him. I guess only bad teams will probably let him do anything other than shoot threes though which is maybe why he always ends up signing with one.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

MourningView posted:

hey donyell marshall was okay for a little bit

he also played forever so people just remember the old washed cavs donyell, he was drafted in 94. i've always thought he would thrive in the modern nba, dude could really shoot from outside.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rick posted:

I've always been surprised how little traction Wayne Ellington gets every year at the trade deadline and no one ever re-signs him. I guess only bad teams will probably let him do anything other than shoot threes though which is maybe why he always ends up signing with one.

Same actually, I was shocked when the Mavs didn't resign him after he was on the team.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Who can forget when the Rockets put him in a game specifically to foul Andre Drummond six times

If you don’t like that, you don’t like NBA basketball

MourningView posted:

hey donyell marshall was okay for a little bit

Haha yeah, If poku has a Marshall level career that’s a perfectly good outcome I was just being a butthole

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

The Maestro posted:

I’d trade my own mother for the right asset

Lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

creamcorn posted:

he also played forever so people just remember the old washed cavs donyell, he was drafted in 94. i've always thought he would thrive in the modern nba, dude could really shoot from outside.

Career .350 from three but he did have a couple good shooting seasons for toronto

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

He also has been hurt a whole bunch lately but I feel like if he's still over 40% from three around trade deadline time (which I assume he will since he's banked a huge volume at over 50%) he should get some traction and hopefully wind up on a contender. But yeah I've definitely thought Utah should sign him at various points only for him to wind up on the Knicks or whatever.

DeimosRising posted:

Career .350 from three but he did have a couple good shooting seasons for toronto

35% pretty solid in general for a guy who was mostly a 4 but especially for that era. Though I think on balance his best season were in Utah where he didn't really shoot that well or that often from three. Jerry Sloan was good at coaching.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Wayne Ellington's release is faster than it's ever been, so it's harder to run him off the line, his problem is still on defense where he tries hard but he just gets eaten alive

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Also please stop snow bullying Pat Williams and show him how to use a snow brush!
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/...02%2Fframe.html

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Also please stop snow bullying Pat Williams and show him how to use a snow brush!

lmao homie really is just using the ice scrape. fam you have a brush right on it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Someone call Kourtney Kardashian

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Wayne Ellington is 18th in RPM right now. Way to go Wayne.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dexo posted:

lmao homie really is just using the ice scrape. fam you have a brush right on it.

At least he's not throwing hot water on it like some transplants have been known to do.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Wait are Kawhi and PG back already? We might need them against the Mighty Magic!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Athanatos posted:

At least he's not throwing hot water on it like some transplants have been known to do.

For real?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

https://twitter.com/JValanciunas/status/1355276145013481474?s=20

Looks like JV did have covid.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Athanatos posted:

:captainpop:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

apparently living somewhere without ice gives you a very questionable understanding of thermodynamics

My wife did not do the hot water thing but I did need to teach her how to scrape the windshield and explain what the brush was for.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

Using the scraper on the hood!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

It snowed here two years ago and I had no idea what to do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I live in Minnesota so have never seen or heard of anyone dumb enough to throw hot water on their car to clear off ice or snow, does it break the glass? Or is it just a new sheet of ice?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I live in Louisiana so if I ever see snow we just shut down the entire city

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'll admit a dumb thing, I was driving in the woods around christmas and a bug hit my windshield so I hit the wipers and it sprayed ice all over the window, I didn't even know it was that cold and also that sort of thing happened, if a moose would have ran in front of me at that moment I would have been dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

I live in Minnesota so have never seen or heard of anyone dumb enough to throw hot water on their car to clear off ice or snow, does it break the glass? Or is it just a new sheet of ice?

It's a new sheet of ice that is much harder to get off, and at best the snow thats on there is now slushy. I had a friend try that in college.