Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

prefect posted:

(i started listening to the dollop podcast again :blush:)

the dollop is good

dave can get hella angry tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gentle Autist posted:

the dollop is good

dave can get hella angry tho

i really miss the live shows. dave getting prickly with the audience was my favorite thing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's a reason why you never take just one blood pressure reading, and why you average all the readings for a week.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There's a reason why you never take just one blood pressure reading, and why you average all the readings for a week.

so like why do they take it when i go to the doctor

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

idk, ask your doctor

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rotor posted:

To make sure your elderly rear end isn't just a wandering lich

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i dont deserve this kind of shabby treatment

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

yeah you deserve dismal treatment

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oh it was a seinfeld reference or something wasn't it?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

jesus christ jerry

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

jesus christ jerry

*with angry face* oldman!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9VQ0BQXbQI

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

rotor posted:

:yosbutt:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I had to go to the dentist because this is all a dream and my teeth are falling out* and there were like two people in the waiting room who weren't wearing masks despite there being a big-rear end sign like every four metres both outside and inside the health centre.

*) It was actually a tooth that had been mended like 15 years ago and the fix was failing. Your fillings are getting old, too!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I had to go to the dentist because this is all a dream and my teeth are falling out* and there were like two people in the waiting room who weren't wearing masks despite there being a big-rear end sign like every four metres both outside and inside the health centre.

*) It was actually a tooth that had been mended like 15 years ago and the fix was failing. Your fillings are getting old, too!

i had some fillings replaced in recent years, and it's crazy how much faster and easier it's become to get them. and then they shoot ultraviolet light at the filling to activate it :psyboom:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

prefect posted:

i had some fillings replaced in recent years, and it's crazy how much faster and easier it's become to get them. and then they shoot ultraviolet light at the filling to activate it :psyboom:

Yeah but it's plastic and it really doesn't last as long as the old toxic amalgam fillings. Dries out or something IDK and starts leaking at the seams. Of course it depends on where it is so you're mileage will vary; if it's not on a contact surface then it'll probably be fine forever.

Anyway the pro move would be to never require fillings.

e: I drank a lot of juice and soft drinks as a kid and otherwise abused my toots. If I could go back in time I'd stay there and make money on stoinks.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah but it's plastic and it really doesn't last as long as the old toxic amalgam fillings. Dries out or something IDK and starts leaking at the seams. Of course it depends on where it is so you're mileage will vary; if it's not on a contact surface then it'll probably be fine forever.

Anyway the pro move would be to never require fillings.

e: I drank a lot of juice and soft drinks as a kid and otherwise abused my toots. If I could go back in time I'd stay there and make money on stoinks.

i was such a shithead child about brushing my teeth. stupid stupid stupid

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

my wife had this, bad root canal of 15 years vintage. tooth was pulled on friday. fun times

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gentle Autist posted:

my wife had this, bad root canal of 15 years vintage. tooth was pulled on friday. fun times

oof. replacing a tooth is always a) expensive and b) a pain in the... mouth.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i asked about it once. i think the benefit is amalgam expands over time, which can damage the tooth. the new stuff shrinks over time which can cause sensitivity but avoids damaging the healthy part of the tooth

more likely for a new filling but less likely for an escalation in treatment later

that uv setting is wild though and a refilling is so quick most of the session is waiting for the nerve to numb enough

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 30, 2021

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

pretty sure the newer style of fillings have been refined as well, so the fixes you get now will outlive you for more reasons than your no doubt horribly decaying aging body.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

oof. replacing a tooth is always a) expensive and b) a pain in the... mouth.

so far we think we’re just gonna leave it. it’s a rear molar and not visible during talking or smiling. once it’s healed up she’s gonna try it for a few weeks and we’ll decide

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i broke my foot recently and instantly aged 15 years

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I have a shoulder injury that's still bothering me that I caused by flopping too hard onto my bed and I just realized that it happened in the before times which means it was literally a year ago

i guess it's a forever injury now and my days of being able to put my arm straight up and back are over

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i hurt my right knee in april and it still hurts in different ways every day

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

knees never heal right. if i was going to come up with a counterexample for the idea of "intelligent design" it would be the human knee.

If i was the engineer who designed that joint, i would be fired.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

or maybe promoted, i can't remember which one means youre a bad engineer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bhodi posted:

I have a shoulder injury that's still bothering me that I caused by flopping too hard onto my bed and I just realized that it happened in the before times which means it was literally a year ago

i guess it's a forever injury now and my days of being able to put my arm straight up and back are over

found the footage

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
pretend that embedded like it should have and then click here: https://tenor.com/bdxmX.gif

thabk you.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

President Beep posted:

pretend that embedded like it should have and then click here: https://tenor.com/bdxmX.gif

thabk you.
perfect, but also played at half speed

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

rotor posted:

knees never heal right. if i was going to come up with a counterexample for the idea of "intelligent design" it would be the human knee.

If i was the engineer who designed that joint, i would be fired.

shoulders are also Really Bad Design

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

do remember that physical therapy exists and is good. knees are naturally hosed up (bunch of fragile cartilage and such), but shoulders are a huge number of interacting muscles and the kind of thing that pt can often quickly and effectively resolve issues with.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I had a pretty bad shoulder injury following the Cecil Hotel Incident and it took about a year before I could raise my arm past 90° but I got there eventually. What tf happened to the other one I'm not sure

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I broke my collarbone 6 months, it hurt a lot but apparently its one of those injuries that completely heals, if it was my arm i'd be hosed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Perplx posted:

I broke my collarbone 6 months, it hurt a lot but apparently its one of those injuries that completely heals, if it was my arm i'd be hosed.

Well sure, imagine having to lift, grasp, and manipulate things with your collarbone.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Lysidas posted:

shoulders are also Really Bad Design

cant even fuckin brachiate, what a load of crap

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

cant even fuckin brachiate, what a load of crap

rotor when u decided to start living on dry land you hosed it up for all of us younger folks :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

stop your whining anfd become a cetacean then, see if i give a rats rear end