Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

your friend wicka posted:

Everything is moving to USA

As in the USA Network?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
NBCSN has been mostly 24x7 boomer dumbass car auctions since the new year.

At least for basically all the winter sports that overlapped with Olympic channel and got exiled to CockPea telecasts with no commentators (the full feed is cool - but they should have a version with the American commentators filling in every second of time). Even Olympic channel only has the biggest ski events/bobsleds but no more ski jumping/x-country/biathlon once 2021 started. It does look like Biathlon is back on Olympic Channel this weekend though, so there is still hope.

yes a Misc [snow] Racing post

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 23, 2021

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

Bloopsy posted:

As in the USA Network?

the "major events" which who knows what level of NASCAR or IMSA or Indycar is "major"

edit: forget the "yes, but only" at the start

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 23, 2021

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Welp, hope those deals are good enough to endure being thrown into the mixer of whatever digital platform they’re going to get instead.

Also the WEC Sebring round has been canceled for this year and replaced with an opening round in Portimao, which at least means both new Hypercars will debut on time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Oh hey Acura has confirmed an LMDh program continuing with ORECA. Yay!

I’ll try to get a new thread up this week before the Daytona 24 as well.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Honestly the whole NBSCN thing has been blown massively out of proportion. It shouldn't surprise anyone to learn that these companies no longer have enough content to justify all the channels they own, especially since they're pushing their streaming services. NBCSN was never ever going to be more than the second most successful sports channel and USA can air more than sports, hence why NBCSN got the axe. I don't see anything meaningfully changing in the short term except you go to USA instead of NBSCN. The fact remains that all these companies are loving desperate for content to prop up their streaming services so if your contracts are up soon (like with the NHL and I think IndyCar) you're in for a massive payday unless you're woefully incompetent.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

your friend wicka posted:

if your contracts are up soon (like with the NHL and I think IndyCar) you're in for a massive payday unless you're woefully incompetent.

lol most of the sports leagues that signed up with NBCSN are the incompetent ones

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rip to a real one, next year IMSA is GT3 Pro and GT3 Pro-Am.

Makes sense, good move, but I loved the GTLM cars.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Rip to a real one, next year IMSA is GT3 Pro and GT3 Pro-Am.

Makes sense, good move, but I loved the GTLM cars.

they'll still likely appear in WEC and ELMS for the next couple of years, but aligning those two groups for GT car rules will be the next fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

New thread is up!