Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah well I’m GLAD your chicken was overdone!

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not say things we can't take back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i need the name of the name of that town white supremacists burnt down that prided itself on something like every dollar entering getting spent 28 times before it left

feller
Jul 5, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah well I’m GLAD your chicken was overdone!

dude you escalated way too much

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

i need the name of the name of that town white supremacists burnt down that prided itself on something like every dollar entering getting spent 28 times before it left
found it greenwood

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I had to take my oldest dog to the vet today turns out he's got a UTI and one of his ears is infected too poor ol' bastard but that's ok I was worried he was going into, like, kidney explosion or something so that's alright. He's fine.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

I had to take my oldest dog to the vet today turns out he's got a UTI and one of his ears is infected too poor ol' bastard but that's ok I was worried he was going into, like, kidney explosion or something so that's alright. He's fine.

I’m glad to hear that and I’m praying for his tract

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
sucks that your dog has a uti in his ear

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

sucks that your dog has a uti in his ear

Dog ain’t got balls, where else is he supposed to store his piss?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Dog ain’t got balls, where else is he supposed to store his piss?

Boobs? :shrug:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

well looks like we're halfway to 1000 pages. It's all downhill from here guys

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ars Technica has a review up for a Light Gun that works on modern TV's so you can play Duck Hunt (again).

It's One hundred and ten fuckin dollars, USD. lmao. More than a hundred loving bucks so you can play goddamn duck hunt. People are idiots.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

It's One hundred and ten fuckin dollars, USD. lmao. More than a hundred loving bucks so you can play goddamn duck hunt. People are idiots.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
theres a bunch of good lightgun games. most of the ones i know were for wii because the wiimote was also sort of a lightgun

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I had this thing for the 3dO and played mad dog mcree with it.

It was the only game I ever used it for. Poor 3dO.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Did you ever find out who shot Johnny Rock?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Did you ever find out who shot Johnny Rock?

Yknow, I'm pretty sure I had that exact same package with both games, but I never played that one. Not sure why.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

WHOSHOT

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

But being this is a 3DO Gamegun, the most powerful lightgun in the world

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

Ars Technica has a review up for a Light Gun that works on modern TV's so you can play Duck Hunt (again).

Like it hooks up to the original NES?

I’m pretty sure you can get it on the Switch and just play it with the JoyCons.

E: never mind, I was wrong it isn’t on the Switch

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Funny name: Blow-a-man Polanski

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
show-man pole-anski

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Working on my first environment: a castle hallway. This one is gonna be a while. Fun fact: attempting to cut a window into an existing wall is the most foolish endeavor known to man. Merely attempting to do so will introduce non-euclidean horrors of distorted mesh that will make a grown computer program cry. I used to think that the Star Trek episode where they hatch a plan to shut down the Borg consciousness by uploading the image of impossible shape was far fetched. Now I understand. Instead, you must make a window shaped hole/frame, then block an area of wall around it. This is the way. Woe betide all who ignore this warning.

Hallway modeling coming along. The cube standing in the foreground is my little helper: a roughly human-sized block to give me a sense of scale so I know about how big things should be.

Here some basing shading with textures that are absolutely very far from finished, but give you an idea of the scene. I even dressed up helper-cube!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

:nice:

It's really cool to see you getting better at blender. I really wish I was more artistic or had more free time, so I could jump in the blender game.

I may have mentioned this before ITT, but there is a pretty active blender playground in BYOB, with a lot of people just playing around with the tools to see what they can do. In a normal thread I would review the older posts to make sure I wasn't being redundant, but... you know... 40,000 posts aren't gonna make themselves

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

[kicks down door] I've figured out how texture nodes work

everything here is a texture, I didn't draw anything

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I posted.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Checking in while I have a drink and watch the gf play Animal Crossing

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Not seeing anything, can you try again?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tip posted:

Not seeing anything, can you try again?

How's this?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

MakaVillian posted:

How's this?

None of your posts are showing up, everyone try to post again.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tip posted:

I posted!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ZjxPlUxpM

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Tip posted:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I just learned that the best way to transport a rhino is hanging it upside down from a helicopter.

There are an endless number of photographs of this being done because honestly who wouldn't take a million pictures of this?

I love every photo of a flying rhino.

TIP fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 2, 2021

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
just had a conversation with parents regarding the conspiracy youtube vids they watch and microchips in the covid vaccine :ughh:
explained that there are active and passive rfids and a tiny passive (no battery) rfid would be absolutely useless for tracking them and redundant with cellphones and that since they now know those vids lied to them about this it is appropriate to wonder what else they have been lying about
this went on to how the videos you watch also recommend other videos in the same vein which then reinforces one another
demonstrated that whatever i search for on youtube (with search phrased in sort of a leading question way) i can find a video to support any idea or world view i want

but theyre probably just gonna watch another conspiracy video anyway and whatever. i draw the line at videos that promote hateful ideas though. that cues a real argument

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

just had a conversation with parents regarding the conspiracy youtube vids they watch and microchips in the covid vaccine :ughh:
explained that there are active and passive rfids and a tiny passive (no battery) rfid would be absolutely useless for tracking them and redundant with cellphones and that since they now know those vids lied to them about this it is appropriate to wonder what else they have been lying about
this went on to how the videos you watch also recommend other videos in the same vein which then reinforces one another
demonstrated that whatever i search for on youtube (with search phrased in sort of a leading question way) i can find a video to support any idea or world view i want

but theyre probably just gonna watch another conspiracy video anyway and whatever. i draw the line at videos that promote hateful ideas though. that cues a real argument

I think I can add a little color here, seeing as I am a member of the Reptilian Illuminati.

The microchips are actually in the water supply. You drink them and excrete them every day. This allows for damaged/defective/obsolete chips to be easily updated and replaced, while still keeping a heavy concentration of chips in the population.

Vaccine-based delivery is a stupid idea. Setting aside the fact that not everyone is getting the vaccine--certainly not right away at least--we would have to actively work with and around existing systems and processes across a hundred different entities while navigating a ton of official (and unofficial) scrutiny. It's much easier to just keep seeding the water supply steadily and inconspicuously, like we have for the past 100 years or so. Also if something compromises the chip (which happens a lot in creatures prone to bleed and poop and get electrocuted), then how do we get you re-chipped?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ive seen your youtube channel

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

My oldest sister is a conspiracy nut anti-vaxxer Randian objectivist libertarian and the worst part of all of it is that I know she is smarter than this nonsense and we used to be very close.

She's always pushing this poo poo on my mom but thankfully my mom just tells her it doesn't make any sense and then forces her to change the subject.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Thanks! Be sure to like and subscribe for a chance to win free merch, like t-shirts oil-based parasitic life forms!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Thanks! Be sure to like and subscribe for a chance to win free merch, like t-shirts oil-based parasitic life forms!

Can I join the Reptilian Illuminati? I have no compunction against tagging and tracking humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I just want want to be clear, here. Nintendo is marketeding their light gun for $100 simply to sell duck hunt again.
At retail.