Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ah, the famous "be a loving idiot challenge"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

more like the reel in some coffee dorks challenge

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://twitter.com/yeetgarf/status/1336755819120111621

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Drinking an americano

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/LydiaBurrell/status/1353310724249018369

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cool that they included the caffeine jitter

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://twitter.com/geniusguy69/status/1355165792850079745

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fffffffriday midnight coffee motherfuckers!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cold brew with espresso beans from an italian cafe turned out pretty good

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

saturday beans

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
this coffee is so dang good right now

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
good morning yospos :coffeepal:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

blessed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

:hellyeah:

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

I just bought a areopress and it’s pretty good. do I need to buy anything else before I start lecturing people on how they’re doing coffee wrong? I have a grinder too if that helps

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nomnom Cookie posted:

I just bought a areopress and it’s pretty good. do I need to buy anything else before I start lecturing people on how they’re doing coffee wrong? I have a grinder too if that helps

goose neck kettle with a built in thermometer is another piece of the coffee snob toolkit. knowing your microwave’s times for your target temperatures is what i do though.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Nomnom Cookie posted:

no once you have the press you’re all set:cheers:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nomnom Cookie posted:

That depends, are you using the aeropress the way it's originally intended to be used?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i am actually having a coffee today. it is decaf, but i haven’t really been able to enjoy coffee at all for months so I’m happy with it

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
covfefee

mystes
May 31, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

i am actually having a coffee today. it is decaf, but i haven’t really been able to enjoy coffee at all for months so I’m happy with it
It's okay; there's no explicit rule against posting about coffees you have consumed without enjoyment in this thread.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

bag of coffee was missing from my beans delivery. emailed the place and they sent it to me

blessed

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Captain Foo posted:

decaf is better than no coffee

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

decaff is fine and good for weird hour coffee cravings

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump_fn posted:

decaf is better than no coffee

:hai:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah, its not like you're posting about the filthy leaf water.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

what's the views on cascara, which is a tea brewed from the skins of the coffee fruit?

mystes
May 31, 2006

MononcQc posted:

what's the views on cascara, which is a tea brewed from the skins of the coffee fruit?
Technically permissible in this thread, but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MononcQc posted:

i would not consider it coffee unless it comes from the sacred bean, but this may be a compromise to bring the heathens into the fold.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

mystes posted:

That depends, are you using the aeropress the way it's originally intended to be used?

which one is coffee snobbier

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

havin' coffee, making it a
https://i.imgur.com/fFNa8I7.mp4

Nomnom Cookie posted:

if you have to ask...

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Nomnom Cookie posted:

You should throw your aeropress in the trash, buy a v60, and then argue with people about third wave water on the home barista forums.

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
There's a v60 immersion brewer now so you can argue with both aeropress and v60 owners. win/win

Anyway I'm making a pourover and I think I need to fully disassemble my baratza encore to clean it because the output weights are all wonky, but that seems like effort.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
'third wave water' isn't a bad username

but aeropress op get a Kaffeologie S-filter for a good permanent filter

also, yes to gooseneck kettle, but also get a kitchen thermometer to double-check it at pour time if you do a built-in thermometer. plus i use mine as a stirrer when doing an inverted 360 noscope press. which really gives you the best of both worlds since you're doing an immersion brew that also only takes a few minutes of prep time and is the correct amount of coffee for me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PokeJoe posted:

decaff is fine and good for weird hour coffee cravings

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU