Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IKk3f5GCTQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Anybody got the request line number?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

clown shoes posted:

Anybody got the request line number?

1-833-946-4264

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
You think they’ll agree to a request of “Tiptoes”? It’s potentially a bit iffy a subject what with the representation of little people but....Gary Oldman plays a little person, how could you NOT talk about it eventually?!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I went for Grease 2.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I requested The Avengers (1998) but I might call again and request Garden State.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

I requested The Avengers (1998) but I might call again and request Garden State.

God I hate Garden State so much. I’m at least happy to be proven right, because I hated it the moment I saw it. And hated everyone who told me how great it was at the time. And now everyone else apparently agrees that it’s absolute garbage.

It also made me hate that Scrubs guy.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Called and requested Max Payne, to this day one of the absolute worst experiences I've ever had at a theater. Just a joyless slog.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

God I hate Garden State so much. I’m at least happy to be proven right, because I hated it the moment I saw it. And hated everyone who told me how great it was at the time. And now everyone else apparently agrees that it’s absolute garbage.

It also made me hate that Scrubs guy.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Still not as bad as Elizabethtown

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

weekly font posted:

Very true

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

weekly font posted:

Elizabethtown does have the dumbest suicide attempt in movie history. Knife duct taped to an exercise bike, so when he uses the bike, the knife would go into his chest.

So dumb.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 31, 2021

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There was this cool drive-in in Arizona that during the day was a flea market / swap meet, and at night would do movies on 7 big big screens around the edge of the parking lot. When you paid, the usher told you a specific radio station to tune in on to listen to the movie's audio through your car speakers.

It was standard when a movie ended to flit through the channels and crane your head to match the visual/audio, and get as many free movies as you liked. Nobody cared here. One night I saw Max Payne had just started and I drove over to watch it. It was free and I still left around 50 minutes in.

Not for nothing, but maybe this would be a cool alternative to theatres with social distancing. It felt great to bring blankets, Tall Glasses of Water, etc. and watch the movie in this way. If you get a chance to try a legit drive-in, go for it.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Cael posted:

Called and requested Max Payne, to this day one of the absolute worst experiences I've ever had at a theater. Just a joyless slog.

I was going to request Equilibrium but this is a much better submission.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Firstborn posted:

There was this cool drive-in in Arizona that during the day was a flea market / swap meet, and at night would do movies on 7 big big screens around the edge of the parking lot. When you paid, the usher told you a specific radio station to tune in on to listen to the movie's audio through your car speakers.

It was standard when a movie ended to flit through the channels and crane your head to match the visual/audio, and get as many free movies as you liked. Nobody cared here. One night I saw Max Payne had just started and I drove over to watch it. It was free and I still left around 50 minutes in.

Not for nothing, but maybe this would be a cool alternative to theatres with social distancing. It felt great to bring blankets, Tall Glasses of Water, etc. and watch the movie in this way. If you get a chance to try a legit drive-in, go for it.

Ive been going to a drive-in regularly since the pandemic started last year. It's fun. They're still open even though it's been freezing temps for a few weeks now.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm debating if I should request Night of Something Strange and dedicate it to Eric since he loves over-the-top gross sex stuff.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Sent up a request for SuperVan, a 70s movie about the van life and a young guy that wants to live it and drives to a van jamboree in his buddies futuristic van. Really lightweight movie but so 70s and filled with scene targeted music.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
When is the cutoff date again?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

teen witch posted:

When is the cutoff date again?

11:59 pm EST on February 2nd

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

BDD announcing a new patreon tier with Melr0210 and ONCE IN A LIFETIME AT LONG loving LAST

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
February schedule is up! For those interested:

- Episode 529 — The Karate Kid Part II
- Episode 530 — P.S. I Love You
- Episode 531 — Mr. Nanny with Clint Worthington
- Episode 532 — Live Wire (1992)

Patreon Episodes:
- Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Gremlins 2: The New Batch
- Animation Damnation — The Popeye Valentine's Day Special: Sweethearts at Sea (1979)
- The Nexus: TOS: "The Immunity Syndrome" (s2, e18) TNG: "Shades of Gray" (s2, e23)
- Gleep Glossary: Oola (The Dancer at Jabba's Palace)
- Melr0210: 90210: "Spring Dance" (s1, e21) Melrose Place: "Single White Sister" (s1, e19)

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Soup du Jour posted:

BDD announcing a new patreon tier with Melr0210 and ONCE IN A LIFETIME AT LONG loving LAST

Copy-pasted from the email, for those interested:

Starting this February we'll be releasing a brand new Nexus style (covering one episode of each show) episode each month. We already recorded our inaugural episode and with no false modesty, we can say this is a SUPER SIZED, BARN BURNER to get started on. To make sure of this we jumped forward a few episodes in each series to pick up on a pair of bangers. You're not going to want to miss this!

This will be on our $10.00 tier, and the exciting thing is, it won't just have MelR0210. Our $8.00 tier was bursting at the seams, so while all the perks and show recaps that you loved on that tier will stay there, ANY NEW TV Recaps and Special Presentations will be put on this new $10.00 tier. We have big some plans coming and we can confidently announce that the Disney+ Ben Kenobi recap show will be on this tier, as well as a The Book of Boba Fett recap show, and...and coming in March we'll be releasing our take on HBOMax's Zack Snyder's Justice League! This tier will also feature the long-awaited Once in a Lifetime, a show where we go through a different Lifetime movie every episode—this show will drop every-other month starting in April!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Soup du Jour posted:

Oh. My. God.

$10. I have to do it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

welp, time to upgrade.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I feel like this is the thing that convinces any hold-outs for the Patreon. If you aren't willing to throw down cash for all of that, you were never going to subscribe to begin with.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

welp, time to upgrade.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thrawn527 posted:

Oh. My. God.

$10. I have to do it.
I already did it :shepspends:

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Time to have upgraded!

Can't wait to get back to Melrose, they made it almost to the literal exact episode where it starts to get watchable before stopping the first time! And the Lifetime movies they've already done were great so that's a delicious bonus

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

thrawn527 posted:

Oh. My. God.

$10. I have to do it.

You gotta do it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Soup du Jour posted:

The absolute madmen, they loving did the thing

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Is Feb the request month or March? I requested the WLM movie for Feb, so I'm pleased either way.

Tato fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 2, 2021

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tato posted:

Is Feb the request month or March? I requested the WLM movie for Feb, so I'm pleased either way.
March!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

$2 more for all that? :hellyeah:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

For how much content they put on their patreon, $10 is a god drat steal.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I wish there was a tier that would make Nexus a twice a month show. Not complaining though. More variety is good and probably better for the gang’s sanity.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Detheros posted:

For how much content they put on their patreon, $10 is a god drat steal.

I just wish the pateron page itself wasn't so lovely for trying to find things on.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Worth it for the Lifetime sideshow alone

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Just upgraded. Question, since this is the only Patreon I participate in. Do I need to get a new RSS link? Or will my old RSS link just now have the new content when it becomes available?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

Just upgraded. Question, since this is the only Patreon I participate in. Do I need to get a new RSS link? Or will my old RSS link just now have the new content when it becomes available?

Eh, I copy and pasted my "new" rss link over my old one, and it was the same as my old one, but YMMV :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm guessing we'll see once the new content starts coming out.