Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oberto’s? Is that a troll?

The correct answer is to buy it from a butcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MarcusSA posted:

Just order your jerky from big John’s It’s some of the best you’ll get.

I just placed an order. I remember I ordered some a long time ago. I don't think I was impressed. I wanna say it was tough and dry but I don't remember. I'm very much willing to try it again.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

The correct answer is to buy it from a butcher

:hmmyes:

100+ year old czech meat market in a small town of 1500ish I pass through for work here, they have the best jerky I've ever tried

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yo can you pick me up some jerky next time you pass through

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

poisonpill posted:

Yo can you pick me up some jerky next time you pass through
You know how it's Cash, rear end, or Grass for a car ride?

Well for jerky... :grin: :circlefap:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
There sure is a lot of jerky opinions in this thread

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
welcome to goons

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I'm hoping my TP use goes down now that I go to an office again and I got a Bidet.

Also holy poo poo a blast to the balloon knot with winter Denver water both wakes me up and leaves me with a lasting feeling of being cold. Should be nice in the summer tho.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Every so often the Costco promotional emails give me a glimpse into a world I'll never know.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That looks like it would be awful to actually play on so it’s a good joke on some rich idiot I guess

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

For Ur-Boomer dad

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

StormDrain posted:

I'm hoping my TP use goes down now that I go to an office again and I got a Bidet.

Everyone should have one! They're fantastic, but people aren't picking them up as fast as I'd hoped :(

Mercury Hat posted:

Every so often the Costco promotional emails give me a glimpse into a world I'll never know.

I don't even know how we manage to source these things. The $949.99 (god, it went up $50) wheel of parmesan cheese I can get. $2500 wagyu I get. But whywhere do they find those other things?!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Not only that, if you go to the product page it has to be both specially shipped and assembled because it's two packages with a combined weight of 1600 pounds.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I know I'm late on sugarchat, but I'd just like to generally point out that doctors aren't dieticians. Things like artificial sweeteners and the effects of whey protein on blood sugar levels aren't necessarily taught in med school. For example, when I asked my PCP for help/advice on losing weight, he basically just said to eat fruit instead of potato chips for snacking. Seriously. And I really like him as a doctor, too.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FilthyImp posted:

You know how it's Cash, rear end, or Grass for a car ride?

Well for jerky... :grin: :circlefap:

Those are some weird jerky flavors

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Anaxite posted:

Everyone should have one! They're fantastic, but people aren't picking them up as fast as I'd hoped :(

I don't even know how we manage to source these things. The $949.99 (god, it went up $50) wheel of parmesan cheese I can get. $2500 wagyu I get. But whywhere do they find those other things?!

The super giant bear would be a great joke Yankee Swap gift, particularly with kids involved. My aunt's extended family had this carved wooden loon that would appear every single year as tradition.

That said, a $950 wheel of parm would make a killer wedding gift for my best friend

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
has anyone been able to find lysol spray 4 packs? I swear I've seen it ONCE and never again

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I grew up with this stuff and it’s some of the best you can get IMO.

https://cattaneobros.com

It’s good jerky

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I've had roadkill black bear jerky made by a chef in Maine, anyway that's my peak jerky experience

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I feel obligated to ask:
How was it??

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

CaptainCrunch posted:

I feel obligated to ask:
How was it??

It was really really good. It was small-batch high-quality jerky made by an experienced chef with a unique base flavor and fat profile thanks to the bear meat.

The roadkill element makes it sound kinda weird and rednecky but I don’t think I’d be down with eating bear meat under other circumstances.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 31, 2021

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Nice.

I’m with you on the sourcing. As long as the roadkill is recent and responsibility handled I’d be down for it.

Pity I live nowhere near where easy bear/venison/boar can be had. Sigh.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I know I'm late on sugarchat, but I'd just like to generally point out that doctors aren't dieticians. Things like artificial sweeteners and the effects of whey protein on blood sugar levels aren't necessarily taught in med school. For example, when I asked my PCP for help/advice on losing weight, he basically just said to eat fruit instead of potato chips for snacking. Seriously. And I really like him as a doctor, too.

Sure, not entirely untrue, but a) your doctor is not wrong, I don't know why you're so scared of fruit unless you have something like diabetes, b) carbs are not insta-weight on your tummy, lowering your carb intake can help but just removing carbs alone doesn't mean you lose weight, c) fruit is absolutely better for losing weight than potato chips if for the fiber alone, obviously depends on the fruit, and d) the original poster was talking about his endocrinologist who treats his diabetes so, yeah, I'd like to think that doctor knows a little more than your average pcp about this poo poo.

Doctors are not infallible, but drat is there a weird strain of I-know-better going on.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I don't know why people are laughing at the idea of an actual ketogenic diet, does no one remember the atkins thread where goons ate literally only bacon until their kidneys exploded

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
“at hostpital, lost kidnat!”

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I think the part of keto that makes people lose weight is no beer. That being said I was doing it because I had just moved right next to some friends. One of them had a "dude you're about to get beetus" scare so I joined just because we were gonna be making food for each other a lot. It did actually get him way out of that phase or whatever. SOo that's my anecdote.

Anyways Pacific Gold jerky is good. But, yeah, if you need a jerky fix get that Big John's stuff that you can get from a goon on SA Mart. I've used that as a cheat code for christmas presents multiple years in a row.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

priznat posted:

That looks like it would be awful to actually play on so it’s a good joke on some rich idiot I guess

It's for fulfilling checklists in some tacky mcmansion.

House: Has Game room ✅
Game room: Has Pool Table ✅

Like all mcmansion pool tables, its primary use is to take up space in an oversized, unused room.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
My love of costco and hatred of boomers causes some cognitive dissonance sometimes.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Hell same.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

stealie72 posted:

My love of costco and hatred of boomers causes some cognitive dissonance sometimes.

Ya that's relatable. I feel that each time I see massage chairs on sale. It's OK that I like getting good deals on paper products and frozen foods at the same place that makes money on someone buying garage flooring to park a Corvette on. Some days they make money on me buying a modern coffee table and other days on someone buying a traditional bedroom set that I would pay money to get rid of.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I feel that costco online has the occasional weird rear end super expensive thing just as a way to create a little buzz, and less for actually toward the bottom line. Like when they have some original artwork on there for $250k or whatever.

But drat that pool table is fuckin dumb hahaha

I wonder if it has a steering wheel under the slab so you can move it around easily

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Maybe you can level the table by fiddling with the tire pressure?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

FogHelmut posted:

This Ninja Air Fryer/Pressure Cooker that I got at Costco is supposed to do jerky. Haven't tried it yet.

My brother makes jerky with his. Comes out quite good.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve got the same Ninja Air Fryer. Things amazing. Best way to cook tater tots and chicken tendies.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

MarcusSA posted:

I grew up with this stuff and it’s some of the best you can get IMO.

https://cattaneobros.com

It’s good jerky

A coworker turned me onto this recently, it’s really good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SchnorkIes posted:

I don't know why people are laughing at the idea of an actual ketogenic diet, does no one remember the atkins thread where goons ate literally only bacon until their kidneys exploded

Keto is even more atkins than atkins.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Has anyone mentioned biltong? Find somewhere to get some biltong.

I dropped my dog on the ground on the way out of the store yesterday because a very small old woman hit me with her cart. Going early really gets you in with the elderly and I had an idea: Cart Chauffeurs. Someone to steer the cart while you aimlessly shop without a care. Employees see you clip a single ankle or block a whole aisle? Mandatory Cart Chauffeur for the rest of your trip. Sell it to people as an extended service you earned by being a Member. Have gold elite chauffeur memberships.

I'm just spitballing, but I think my idea has merit.

fizzymercury fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 31, 2021

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

fizzymercy posted:

Cart Chauffeurs

:hmmyes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Every time I walk by that giant fudge brownie I pick it up just to marvel at how heavy it is. I have absolutely no interest in buying it, but it is so loving dense

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Has anybody on our forums given in to the temptation yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Why does everyone marvel at that brownie, but not at the 6 billion calories in the dozen muffins offered at the same bakery? Sure you can spread the muffins out amongst many people, but who really does that?

I will admit, that I do miss the croissants on my current diet. Getting out to my car and inhaling 1-2 of those things on the way home while they were still super flaky and crispy was the highlight of my trip.