Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

abigserve posted:

Lol so I had to quit tarkov because the stress from that game was starting to leak into the rest of my life

Yikes

I tried to get into tarkov but it felt way too clunky, like someone tried to make a roguelike version of early PUBG, janky poo poo included

my friends and I started getting back into heroes of the storm after getting fed up with league of legends and riot's general bullshit and drat it's a shame blizzard stopped trying to make this game a "thing" because it's fuckin fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Dyson sphere program is a hell of a time suck.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it looks really good but i have some other stuff i wanna play before i get sucked into a new factorio

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/halflife_txt/status/1355561414761603073

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/likkezg/status/1355641141786333187

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Buenos dias, headcrab

Imbecil!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
that's why kleiner makes you hunt down his headcrab

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

haveblue posted:

the AWE dlc tries to pull a switcheroo and retroactively make control part of the alan wake story instead of the other way around, which is lame

the other dlc in the package is really good though

both dlcs felt just a little disappointing...i want to finish cleaning up the bureau

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Stozias/status/1354757431323197446

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

I beat the main storyline in Control last week the ashtray maze was fuckin cool and I didn’t realize that the AWE dlc was integrated into the main game. It was a weird tone shift while I was doing a bunch of side missions for the xp when out of nowhere Alan Wake starts getting inserted into everything. I never played Alan Wake but the AWE dlc doesn’t make me want to. The Foundation dlc is not bad, and I like the setting of when the Oldest House is first discovered and everyone is trying to make sense of it. . Overall it’s a great game and I love how Jesse isn’t the kind of protagonist going “what the gently caress is happening” every 5 mins. She actually seems to be enjoying and thriving in the Oldest House.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It even made me briefly want an rtx card to replace a completely not poo poo 1070ti because the Ray tracing looks amazing.

i went from a 1070ti to a 2080 super (usually soon upgrade due to other issues) and while nice is still incredibly well-done without rtx. the lighting and reflections are overall better, but the engine is no slouch and during play they're nearly the same

haveblue posted:

the AWE dlc tries to pull a switcheroo and retroactively make control part of the alan wake story instead of the other way around, which is lame

the other dlc in the package is really good though

its very much a teaser to aw2 and thats both exciting and frustrating because it'll probably be a few years. there's a bunch of flavor text to try to tie the two together in the base game but until the dlc it felt like easter eggs

they set the connection up in aw: american nightmare and quantum break, apparently, but ive never played either

i think all their series are easter egg connected in some way which is kind of fun but this is the first direct connection between any of them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Agile Vector posted:

they set the connection up in aw: american nightmare and quantum break, apparently, but ive never played either

i think all their series are easter egg connected in some way which is kind of fun but this is the first direct connection between any of them

yeah, it would be fun if they all lived together in one big expanded universe but the dlc strongly implies the entire control premise only exists because alan wake used his powers to make it up and effect his own rescue which devalues jesse's story in a way that doesn't feel good

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Scope posted:

I never played Alan Wake

wtf, play alan wake

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Jessie is a cool lady and my friend. Kinda hope that Alan wake 2 is just control 2 with jessie just walking around kicking rear end

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

yeah, it would be fun if they all lived together in one big expanded universe but the dlc strongly implies the entire control premise only exists because alan wake used his powers to make it up and effect his own rescue which devalues jesse's story in a way that doesn't feel good

i agree, that part didn't feel right and sort of soured me on the whole merging of stories. maybe there's more to it than a chicken-egg scenario which would be trite. the slide projector and motel have a bit of a myst/wood between the worlds vibe, so maybe it'll be a linking book connection and not a means to an end creation

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

wtf, play alan wake

yeah get on it! i was late to the alan wake games but that's good now because you can regularly catch them on sale on gog and similar for dirt cheap

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Kazinsal posted:

I tried to get into tarkov but it felt way too clunky, like someone tried to make a roguelike version of early PUBG, janky poo poo included

my friends and I started getting back into heroes of the storm after getting fed up with league of legends and riot's general bullshit and drat it's a shame blizzard stopped trying to make this game a "thing" because it's fuckin fun

It's a really good game but it's absolutely uncompromisingly hardcore.

It's a bit like eve, where it's either shockingly boring or stressful with not much in between

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I remember when Alan wake was used as the demo for the first quad core chips or something and then it still didn't come out for like another 3 years

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alan Wake kinda sucks. The game-play is tedious and the story is rear end. The only good thing is when the guy shows up in the Christmas light armour.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i barely remember anything about that game. were you an author shining a flashlight at stuff?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

i barely remember anything about that game. were you an author shining a flashlight at stuff?

Yeah.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PokeJoe posted:

yes. you were an author running through a spooky forest at night killing ghosts with a flashlight

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think there were also extremely lovely driving sections but I may be conflating it with another game.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i liked it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like how their internal placeholder name for the new dlc was "alan wake expansion" and they couldn't come up with a better name so they just backronymed it into "altered world event"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

i like how their internal placeholder name for the new dlc was "alan wake expansion" and they couldn't come up with a better name so they just backronymed it into "altered world event"

they used that term tons of times throughout the base game so no

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i choose to believe my reality.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
alan wake is definitely boring me, which is disappointing since i loved 'control'

but my brain is also poisoned from 'deadly premonition' which is also clunky but has the benefit of having a fantastic story/lived-in open-worldy thing going on that does the 'twin peaks' schtick a lot better

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Sagebrush posted:

lmbo. yeah, it seemed kinda meh compared to the rest of the game, still fun though. 'foundation' was a+ though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I've been enjoying MATN's 'YOLO' run of Fallout4 - played on survival mode and you are not allowed to use any healing or other med items, so any health you lose is gone forever - and this bit from tonight's episode where he goes off-script and decides to rile up some supermutants had me lmao'ing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=732fCI7Vgo8&t=3912s

if you're looking for something to while away some time this has been a fun playthrough from day one.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I've been enjoying MATN's 'YOLO' run of Fallout4 - played on survival mode and you are not allowed to use any healing or other med items, so any health you lose is gone forever - and this bit from tonight's episode where he goes off-script and decides to rile up some supermutants had me lmao'ing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=732fCI7Vgo8&t=3912s

if you're looking for something to while away some time this has been a fun playthrough from day one.

check out their new vegas kill everyone run, it's hilarious

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

matn is very good, his portal 2 run recently was fun if you like seeing a smart person being dumb by overthinking every puzzle

e: that missile missing him by like 4 feet was insane hahaha

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 1, 2021

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

matn is very good, his portal 2 run recently was fun if you like seeing a smart person being dumb by overthinking every puzzle

it's so fuckin funny how hard they scam the sneak attack mechanics in the new vegas kill everything run

timestamped for lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7OCDyfjaDM&t=594s

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's so fuckin funny how hard they scam the sneak attack mechanics in the new vegas kill everything run

timestamped for lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7OCDyfjaDM&t=594s

oh god he eats everyone

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

oh god he eats everyone

lmfao

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

psiox posted:

lmbo. yeah, it seemed kinda meh compared to the rest of the game, still fun though. 'foundation' was a+ though

the one thing I liked about AWE was that the boss wasn't just a big version of a regular enemy and made you do something that wasn't just shoot it until it dies

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

oh god he eats everyone

lmao you might also enjoy this one-off video of theirs I posted about inthe Cyberpunk thread a while back:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I wouldn't usually post an hour-long video of someone playing a game and expect it to be watched, but I enjoyed this one:

Can you never leave Sanctuary in Survival Mode and become Self-Sufficient without Dying?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkCTcmdvrtU&t=2174s

I did get an actual lol at his creative solution to getting enough caps coming in to his very limited play area to make upgrades allowing for self-sufficiency (timestamped 37mins in) :o:

Watch the whole thing if you have time though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't know how it's even possible but for a long time I conflated Many a True Nerd and Mitten Squad. Then one time I was just thinking "wait, he's American now?" and checked my Youtube history and went :aaa: They don't even sound anything alike otherwise.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Kazinsal posted:

got same feeling from STALKER Anomaly, it's like a good conversion of last game with maps from all of them but incredibly hard and needlessly complicated with stupid mechanics to just give you that extra suffering (most ammo you find is destroyed, nearly no meds on people you kill, weapons and gear are always damaged so much that repairs cost the same as buying new gun), I really want to like this game but I can't, would be great in coop for sure imo but that's impossible, devs are to busy posting bad memes and their stupid opinions on their discord and community is full of worst 4chan troll people imaginable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
control is coming to ps+ this month, so I'll finally play it

I was gonna get it on PC but mine laptop has started some dumb hitching but I think I'd rather replace it