Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Am I going insane or did they do the entire USA Today Snapshots bit (including the story about Jonathan's teacher friend) twice in a row on ep 838? I thought my app glitched out but they said different poo poo the second time.

Yeah, that was super weird, I also felt like my brain glitched for a few minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Maybe it was a meta bit.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I’m guessing the recording messed up and they thought they lost more than they actually did

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Yeah, it adds to the weirdness that the sunlight position in the room changed pretty dramatically when they started re-doing that segment. Hearing them make the same jokes was super weird, I wonder how many moments like that we’ve heard before that sound organic and spontaneous.

Edit: in 839 they joke about putting an oculus on to watch the episode...... they should do this. 360 camera on the table between them. I would love the weirdness of this.

Guido Merkens fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 23, 2021

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Audio is messed up on 840 as well, lol.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

inferis posted:

I’m guessing the recording messed up and they thought they lost more than they actually did

There was a super-fast mention right before they went it again that they had an audio screwup. At least on the first version posted.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jesus Christ the story of Seth giving away his lenticular picture to some kids. "He said his buddy can't appreciate it."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Opening of 840 got me remembering how good a fuckin' show What We Do In the Shadows is.

Kedzie
Dec 13, 2004

they all float down here
During the first time through the USA Today Snapshots bit, they talk about how Jah had to travel over 120 miles to record the podcast, technically violating the COVID lockdown travel restrictions. Perhaps they thought twice about keeping that bit in, re-recorded that section, but then kept it in the episode by mistake?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Ask Amy in 840 from the woman who's realizing that she's a beard was hysterical. These past couple of eps have been really good despite the audio/visual fuckups. Feeling a renewed sense of energy with the new studio.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kedzie posted:

During the first time through the USA Today Snapshots bit, they talk about how Jah had to travel over 120 miles to record the podcast, technically violating the COVID lockdown travel restrictions. Perhaps they thought twice about keeping that bit in, re-recorded that section, but then kept it in the episode by mistake?

it doesnt apply to journalists

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Per California's COVID guidelines, podcasters can make the case for being "essential workers" ("Workers supporting the entertainment industries, studios, and other related establishments such as establishments that provide content for professional broadcast, provided they follow COVID-19 public health guidance around physical distancing.")

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So which show was the one that Jonathan shut down after getting heckled in an opium haze?

e: oh lmao that was a dream, not a real story

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 26, 2021

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

that was a dream

Sexual or practical?

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Jah.jpg

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elder.jpg

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
He’s the same age as Tom Brady, right? F

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love the Macedonian drops in 3841

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Thats Macedonia, baby!

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Uh, yeahdude

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

America, through. The eyes of two American Americans.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Professor Latency posted:

America, through. The eyes of two American Americans.

Always thought this sounded like the whitest thing in the world. Wish they wouldn't use it

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

???

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I know they don't mean it this way but American American sounds like it's a play on terms like African American, Asian American, etc and consequently can be taken as being a lovely jokey term minimizing those

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh word

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I thought it was just using the adjective and the noun forms.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
To me it sounds like fake patriotism which combined with This Week in Florida and similar segments really set the tone for the podcast way back when I started to listen.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Boatswain posted:

To me it sounds like fake patriotism which combined with This Week in Florida and similar segments really set the tone for the podcast way back when I started to listen.

yeah it's pretty clearly an ironic bush-era joke about how they (a psychotic massachusettsian and a hippie son of a celeb) aren't actually what people think of as real american americans

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Has Seth updated to that they are “in the book, look us up”

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

inferis posted:

Same lol

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Beastie posted:

Has Seth updated to that they are “in the book, look us up”

You mean new address/phone number? If I were his girlfriend I would nope out of that so hard lol. It was always kinda wild to me that Seth willingly put his personal info out there, but as we all know he's a pretty unique style of weird (I did send him a happy birthday postcard once, I hope he got it :3:)

inferis posted:

Also this

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boatswain posted:

Will anything ever top Flat Daddy though

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I though they missed a trick with that intro when they did the native american ep.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Will anything ever top Flat Daddy though

Lmao completely forgot about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEp2tBFNoUI

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012

Riptor posted:

I know they don't mean it this way but American American sounds like it's a play on terms like African American, Asian American, etc and consequently can be taken as being a lovely jokey term minimizing those

I always thought the joke was that it was yet another thing hosted by two white dudes, but yeah I've definitely seen jonathan accidentally post a racist thing on fb about "american americans" someone sent him because he thought it was a fan made thing lmao

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

I always thought the joke was that it was yet another thing hosted by two white dudes, but yeah I've definitely seen jonathan accidentally post a racist thing on fb about "american americans" someone sent him because he thought it was a fan made thing lmao

ha yep that sounds about right

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

the white man calls it ‘wind’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Amazing that Seth had a publicly listed address for 15 years and the first time they have stalkers is right after moving