Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

All reality shows are rigged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Usually it's not this blatant, though.

Like in one competition the challenge is make a cartoon character and he's just like lol here's some pencils gently caress off

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I thought it was mostly solved, death by misadventure during a manic episode

My understanding is the show is not really about that case. They're using it as the entry point to talk about the Cecil and it's history. Amongst other things it has housed two famous serial killers, Richard Ramirez being one, and early on it was known as "The Suicide" for the number of people who killed themselves there.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Is it the former teacher of the season 1 winner?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Friend recommended Ramy to me without saying why. Ended up watching the whole first season yesterday. I like this show! I just wish it had been around 20 fuckin' years ago. It's wild how much better coming-of-age/relationship comedy-dramas are today compared to the poo poo I was seeing when it was most relevant to me. Late 90s and Early 00s created some extremely whack ideas about... everything.

I just can't help but think of how useful this show would've been to me as a christian/atheist teen dating a muslim in highschool. We would sit on the phone and watch TV together and looking back I wonder how many of our arguments were in part borne from having irrelevant nonsense like Friends one tree hill and whatever the gently caress trash we were watching. Hell, would've also been nice just having it around so other kids in school would at least do a little better culturally than calling her Mexican or Arab as it suited them, with neither ever being correct. There was never anything on TV really about some stuff we had issues with, like the struggle of trying to adhere to islam's rules but also do the stuff people like to do. If nothing else it would've helped me understand her struggle a little better, who knows many times we'd get into some bizarre circular fight about us doing non-intercourse sex and how that's not okay either and good lord how many times was I the one picking that fight just because I didn't understand and was a dipshit with no perspective.

Sorry for the personal rambling but it's a good show and it was firing off ancient neurons I wish was firing in the ancient times.

Also watched Freaks and Geeks recently, every episode felt like it's own coming of age movie and it was cool to see the entire cast of every Judd Apatow movie as babies. Like the opposite of Ramy in terms of relatability, but a ridiculously solid highschool show, really bizarre it only got one season. Someone else mentioned to me recently mentioned they were sick of being recommended Schitt's Creek, and I wound up watching it now and then and I could not relate less to any of the main family, but it's funny anyway. Plus I like thinking Jennifer Goines owning this motel is just an extra chapter of 12 Monkeys.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 1, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Today I learned Frasier (and by extension, Cheers) is legally a ViacomCBS program.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edward Mass posted:

Today I learned Frasier (and by extension, Cheers) is legally a ViacomCBS program.

Yeah, TV shows are like that, the network they first run air on, is not necessarily the network that's producing it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1356314763446296576

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, that was fast.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Well, that was fast.

There was no bell to save him this time.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Stuffed into the great locker in the sky

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I haven't been watching The Stand on CBS but I just saw some promo pics for the latest episode. Are they really trying them in a court room?. I haven't read the book in a while but I don't remember that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Goddamn wasn't he just diagnosed like two weeks ago? He must have been in bad shape prior.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1356332139986345984

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

X-O posted:

Goddamn wasn't he just diagnosed like two weeks ago? He must have been in bad shape prior.

Yeah, once you stage 4 its a pretty quick end for a lot of cancers. Trebek had his recurrence and death within a month as well. Cancer is a bitch that way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I saw something that said he wasn't taking care of himself and waited to get diagnosed. Can't remember if it was here but a friend said he had a bump on his neck that they kept telling him to get checked out and he just ignored them.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Will the new Black Panther show also be pro-CIA propaganda or are they looking to really pull out all the stops and go pro-ICE this time?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uggggghhhhhhhhhh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Will the new Black Panther show also be pro-CIA propaganda or are they looking to really pull out all the stops and go pro-ICE this time?

GB2CD

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hughmoris posted:

I haven't been watching The Stand on CBS but I just saw some promo pics for the latest episode. Are they really trying them in a court room?. I haven't read the book in a while but I don't remember that.
Is this in Vegas?

As far as court scenes, there's stuff kind of like that in the Free Zone... but for Flagg it's all a Bread and Circuses execution

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

feedmyleg posted:

You'd think going 18 months without any Marvel movies to complain about would give their haters ample opportunities to invent new jokes instead of entering year three of explaining to black people that the movie they like isn't woke enough.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

All the MCU movies are American military worship and that will never change. It's actually impressive how even the ones that take place in space or in fictional African countries do the same thing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The review embargo for Clarice is up, and as expected, since it's an Alex Kurtzman shitpiece and they legally can't mention Hannibal Lecter, it's basically another generic CBS crime procedural like one of the two hundred NCIS spin-offs airing, just featuring Clarice Starling. Verdict is a hard pass, which, again, should surprise no one.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was really expecting the guy behind Transformers, modern-era Star Trek, The Amazing Spider-man 2, and The Mummy to deliver a solid hit with a television sequel to an iconic film. I'm shocked. I'm flabbergasted.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I hope you mean the mummy remake :ese:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Timby posted:

another generic CBS crime procedural

Congratulations to the producers and crew of Clarice for 10+ years of gainful employment.

https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1356444214855368712

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 2, 2021

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ThePlaylist/status/1356649415323381771

I see.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought Michael Rapaport was buddies with Spike Lee

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Because of Bamboozled? I don't know, but he was in AOCs thing last night arguing with people saying that her story wasn't that scary, and also he sucked in Justified season 5.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Goddam there is nothing to watch right now. Shameless and Vikings are the only two shows in my TV calendar that I watch.

Going to start Ted Lasso tonight though.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Looten Plunder posted:

Goddam there is nothing to watch right now. Shameless and Vikings are the only two shows in my TV calendar that I watch.

Watch Ted Lasso

Looten Plunder posted:

Going to start Ted Lasso tonight though.

Oh ok

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Ted Lasso was really rough at first for me but then really gets good

The accent, though, I really just don't think it ever works. You just gotta muscle through it

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Thanks for talking about Search Party so much, I just watched all of S1 today and :catstare: that last episode.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Popelmon posted:

Thanks for talking about Search Party so much, I just watched all of S1 today and :catstare: that last episode.

Season 1? Oh you sweet summer child :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's The Expanse: lol at how they wrote off Cas Anvar

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiXZOCVo1ng

This looks real bad.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Steampunk X-menWOMEN.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Maybe a victorian Kingsmen

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was out as soon as that woman smugly cracked her neck. Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Good cast and it's quippy super women beating up dudes in Olde England, it looks like incredibly good trashy fun to me

Man y'all cynical sometimes