Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's February, it's 2021, there are video games, let's chat about them. Some games are coming out this month I guess

• Someone turned the Werewolf RPG into a character action game what
  • Nintendo are bringing Super Mario 3D World to Switch to make the Wii U even more irrelevant
  • 30XX answers the question 'what if Mega Man X but a roguelike?'
  • King of Seas is a pirate game coming out about 5 years too late
  • Persona 5 Strikers, I don't understand what this is
  • Capcom resurrects the dead corpse of another of its franchises but this time its Ghost n Goblins so at least that kinda makes sense?
  • There's a new Bravely Default game for all the JRPG weebs out there

VG/SNU edit release dates in for those tia

SNU Edit: Actual release date info

Control (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S) – February 2 – Read review
Destruction AllStars (PlayStation 5) – February 2
Blue Fire (Switch, PC) – February 4
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 4
Kinetic Edge (PC) – February 5
Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition (PlayStation 4) – February 5
Nioh 2 Remastered - The Complete Edition (PlayStation 5) – February 5
Nioh Remastered - The Complete Edition (PlayStation 5) – February 5
The Nioh Collection (PlayStation 5) – February 5
Little Nightmares II (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – February 11
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Switch) – February 12
King of Seas (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – February 18
Persona 5 Strikers (PlayStation 4, Switch, PC) – February 23
Ghosts 'n Goblins: Resurrection (Switch) – February 25
Hellpoint (Switch) – February 25
Bravely Default II (Switch) – February 26
RetroMania Wrestling (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – February 26

e: Ys IX is coming out Feb 12 that's cool I suppose

Rarity fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Wow what a thread thanks Rarity great job.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Put this in the votes

So I can vote for it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Real talk, hype for freebie Destruction Allstars + Super Mario 3D World babyyyyy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Wow what a thread thanks Rarity great job.

Thanks I worked really hard on it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nioh 2 week :toot:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

Put this in the votes

So I can vote for it

ok

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Welcome to dating sim month

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh no all the Bowsette options are going to split the vote :ohdear:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Oh no all the Bowsette options are going to split the vote :ohdear:

:getin:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Technically 20XX already answered the what if mmx was a roguelite question and 30XX is what if mega man ZERO was a roguelite.

We also have what if mega man battle network was a roguelite so all that's left is what if mega man soccer was a roguelite

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 1, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

This voting suppression can not stand. I most call upon the admins to start a electoral committee and suspend the voting until we can figure this out.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If somehow wins this months poll I will make it my avatar.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

I love Video Games

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

gently caress now even I'm conflicted

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

:gritin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

voted bowsette before seeing this

no regrets

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I will let this challenge stand on its merits and pledge not to do poll voting fuckery

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

haveblue posted:

voted bowsette before seeing this

But which Bowsette that's the problem :ohdear:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol if you didn't vote for all the Bowsettes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remove all but one Bowsette

Vs Series is back! In Poll form!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
this is the month where you can play cringey dating games gang and claim it's ironic

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Vote for all Bowsettes and no Kirby.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

this is the month where you can play cringey dating games gang and claim it's ironic
why would i want to claim its ironic

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I started Shadow of the Tomb Raider last night and I’m kind of struck by the incredibly dumb dynamic between Lara Croft and Trinity. I mean I know it’s pretty much the same business as Nathan Drake but it really hits hard and fast in the beginning of Shadow. Trinity, an organization older than Christianity and dedicated to the retrieval and exploitation of magic relics, spends years, maybe decades looking for a Mayan artifact and ultimately settles on blasting their way into the hidden chamber, presumably unconcerned about any secondary items or related readings that may be destroyed in the process.

Lara, on the other hand, goes around a wall and finds a riddle that she immediately solves to mean “the giant skull is looking at the entrance,” and then whoa there’s the giant skull. It takes her 15 minutes to find the hidden temple with no outside help, like a map only she had, or a key she found elsewhere. She does have pictures of a different Mayan thing that Trinity blew up because there couldn’t have possibly been anything more from them to gain from it despite them I guess solving the related puzzle incorrectly, but these pictures do not assist with this puzzle at all.

It’s a real strong Ready Player One energy where the protagonist is supernaturally adept and able to do what a massive organization hasn’t been able to do over a much larger timeframe with, and I think this is key, no trait or resource unavailable to the antagonist. I guess their knowledge is supposed to be this trait but I don’t buy that a large enough group wouldn’t have some one or multiple people just as versed, especially once you have the means to groom prospective students into necessary fields.

I took a break when Lara floods Cozumel. Also there’s the thing where Lara has straight up murdered 2 dozen people already tonight and the counter to this is “well Trinity was/is killing off the workers so you’re saving them or getting revenge” but then Lara also floods the town inadvertently killing thousands of innocents. And the Trinity guy is like “we could have reshaped the world but you doomed it by taking the knife” but their plan seems to also entail destroying to world just with the hope of rebuilding it somehow? It’s unclear how their plans are the different, aside from Lara not really having a plan. The Trinity guy doesn’t see the mural above the knife so how does he know what’s all about anyway. And he says “you felt it when you picked up the knife” and I’m like “how do you know? What are you basing that off of? Don’t talk like you know me.” I know I’m overthinking this dumb game but it just hit a lot of nerves right up front. Anyway I’m guessing Cozumel doesn’t get wiped off the map because I need to go back with a Reinforced Knife and some Lockpicks to deal with locked stuff I found, kind of undercutting the drama and stakes there.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 1, 2021

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Technically 20XX already answered the what if mmx was a roguelite question and 30XX is what if mega man ZERO was a roguelite.

We also have what if mega man battle network was a roguelite so all that's left is what if mega man soccer was a roguelite

Ok, hear me out: Mega Man Soccer but as a management sim, updated with all the new Mega Mans.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gamerofthegame posted:

It's ok to be horny

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

Ok, hear me out: Mega Man Soccer but as a management sim, updated with all the new Mega Mans.

Here me out

New Mario Strikers game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

It's ok to be horny

:mods:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Big Apple. 3am.
https://i.imgur.com/RrVKIGi.mp4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Which reminds me, I need to stop being a lazy rear end this year and get my TMNT arcade cabinet built this year

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

whoops

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Guess we know your fetish now.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

thread was late so now we get six more weeks of winter

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rarity posted:

• Persona 5 Strikers, I don't understand what this is

it's a kickass soundtrack that comes with an included a Persona 5 spin-off action-RPG OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ahXxvJ17k8

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

replaying the legends games has caused me to realize I'd be perfectly alright with somewhat proc gen ruins probably, theoretically speaking

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bravely Default 2 better stick the ending better than the earlier games.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really liked the original Bravely Default all the way through, even the second half that it seems like everyone else dislikes :v: Though I imagine the original Japanese release, which didn't have the ability to adjust the random encounter rate, was probably pretty terrible at that point.

I never finished Bravely Second for some reason. It just didn't click with me like Default did, and I didn't really like the difficulty balance, either. In Bravely Default, I set the difficulty to Hard and left it there and had a great time all the way through. In Second, though, random battles were an absolute slog on Hard but bosses were effortless on Normal, so I felt like I had to keep riding the difficulty slider and while I appreciated the ability to do that, it still sorta took me out of the experience.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Oh hey, Harrow, congrats to your promotion. Man, it's really hard to keep up with who is or isn't a mod these days, it changes really quickly.

Bravely Default is a great series, in my own opinion, and I really love it as an homage to the classic Final Fantasy 5 gameplay. I just recently picked that game up again now that it can be easily emulated on smartphones and it's really fun playing the old GBA game on the go again like it's 2006.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I am choosing to be optimistic about Bravely Default II but my optimism is a little shaky after the demos. I'm hoping starting from the beginning with the characters and jobs will make me more invested in their growth and ability synergies