Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pick posted:

Every time I walk by that giant fudge brownie I pick it up just to marvel at how heavy it is. I have absolutely no interest in buying it, but it is so loving dense

I dunno if randomly touching things you have no intent of buying is the smart move in a popular store in the middle of a pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Someone try to eat the brownie in one sitting. Record and post on youtube.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno if randomly touching things you have no intent of buying is the smart move in a popular store in the middle of a pandemic.

Goons. Goons never change. Goonspeed you noble Covid Warrior.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Those fat butt muffins are nasty as hell. I normally am a glutton who loves fat/sugar but those have way too much for me.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Mercury Hat posted:

Every so often the Costco promotional emails give me a glimpse into a world I'll never know.

Imagine taking this to Costco for rotations and new tires every couple years

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I wasnt impressed with the tire service center when I took my snooker table in

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Orvin posted:

Why does everyone marvel at that brownie, but not at the 6 billion calories in the dozen muffins offered at the same bakery? Sure you can spread the muffins out amongst many people, but who really does that?
The muffins have come up several times. Normal grocery store bakeries typically have stuff like that though, so it’s not as novel perhaps.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

pnumoman posted:

Sure, not entirely untrue, but a) your doctor is not wrong, I don't know why you're so scared of fruit unless you have something like diabetes, b) carbs are not insta-weight on your tummy, lowering your carb intake can help but just removing carbs alone doesn't mean you lose weight, c) fruit is absolutely better for losing weight than potato chips if for the fiber alone, obviously depends on the fruit, and d) the original poster was talking about his endocrinologist who treats his diabetes so, yeah, I'd like to think that doctor knows a little more than your average pcp about this poo poo.

Doctors are not infallible, but drat is there a weird strain of I-know-better going on.

I'm not saying that piece of advice was wrong, I'm saying it was literally all he had for me and it wasn't unlike the other times I've asked doctors about it, just the most recent.

Anyway sorry for the derail. For something Costco-related I'll whine about how there are no more take-home-and-bake Costco pizzas since covid. It was great to be able to cut off a raw piece of those things and bake it for lunch. It doesn't really make sense to me why they got rid of them.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
doctors are not thinner than peeps matched socioeconomically w them

compare to smoking, where they smoke less, or skin quality for dermatologists where dermos have lots better skin than matched samples of general public. compare also to psychologists and psychiatrists who have worse mental health than matched gen public

various thing have hugely varying amounts of medical knowledge. smoking? unanimous on how its bad. skin? we know how to deal with that. fatness? not really. broke brains? lol no

obesity is a disease of culture. japanese american peeps and japanese japanese peeps who have basically identical genetics as a population have differing obesity rates by whole multiples, because japanese americans eat more doritos. same story but the other way for suicide tho

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 31, 2021

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
We do know certain things though, such as thermodynamics does work (count your drat calories) and also protein is important and filling. I'm not asking for much here.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
counting calories doesnt work for a population, you individualize a thing that differs brutally by cultures

put a dollar-per-oz tax on soda and watch the obesity rate go down. the fact that this is politically impossible in the us just means that the us has a terrible culture in this regard

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Costco used to make these huge white sheet cakes which I thought were the best cakes ever. They stopped at the beginning of the pandemic and it’s way too much for my wife and I.

Any idea if they make or made a smaller version?

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Cartoon Man posted:

Has anybody on our forums given in to the temptation yet?

I bought the brownie tray about two weeks ago. Very good, very gooey. Almost seems underbaked by how gooey it is. Still good this much later (though a little less moist). We'd pre-cut chunks of it into 1"x1" squares for quick snack bites.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

nwin posted:

Costco used to make these huge white sheet cakes which I thought were the best cakes ever. They stopped at the beginning of the pandemic and it’s way too much for my wife and I.

Any idea if they make or made a smaller version?

They do not have a smaller version, but they'll still make the big sheet cakes for special orders. So you could maybe try that if you know anyone else that could take half of it off your hands or something, or freeze it if you have space in your freezer.

Alternatively, you can now take the money it would cost for a sheet cake and just buy a bunch of churros with it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Did I miss jerky chat? Worth mentioning bigjohnsbeefjerky.com, someone mentioned it a few months back and I bought some and it was awesome. I find it's best to buy the small packages since I don't go through it fast enough to keep it from molding over (no preservatives I guess).

Also, I actually really really really love the lovely flat strips of jerky oberto does, especially the pepper variety. The stuff is impossible to find reliably though. Used to be my go to road trip snack but I never see it around anymore.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

Did I miss jerky chat? Worth mentioning bigjohnsbeefjerky.com, someone mentioned it a few months back and I bought some and it was awesome. I find it's best to buy the small packages since I don't go through it fast enough to keep it from molding over (no preservatives I guess).

Also, I actually really really really love the lovely flat strips of jerky oberto does, especially the pepper variety. The stuff is impossible to find reliably though. Used to be my go to road trip snack but I never see it around anymore.

We did, but at least go to whatever thread he has on SA Mart because I think there's a coupon code there? (Or at least there was when I first bought stuff from him like.... 6 years ago)

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Brought the brownie today, tried to have it as a dessert after dinner.

This is no 'brownie' in the regular sense. Think more of a really rich, really gooey chocolate cake. I put whipped cream on mine and couldn't eat more than three or four forkfuls.

I mean....it's really good but it's sooooooo heavy. We'll probably take a week to eat the rest and may need to freeze like half of it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Maybe drop portions of it into some warm milk and make a drink type thing out of it?

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

bob dobbs is dead posted:

japanese american peeps and japanese japanese peeps who have basically identical genetics as a population have differing obesity rates by whole multiples, because japanese americans eat more doritos. same story but the other way for suicide tho

Maybe these two things are inversely related? Suicide rate & Doritos consumption

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pershing posted:

Brought the brownie today, tried to have it as a dessert after dinner.

This is no 'brownie' in the regular sense. Think more of a really rich, really gooey chocolate cake. I put whipped cream on mine and couldn't eat more than three or four forkfuls.

I mean....it's really good but it's sooooooo heavy. We'll probably take a week to eat the rest and may need to freeze like half of it.

nooo....nooooooo I’m high right now and I just read this.....noooooo the longing and sorrow I feel

I.................neeeed this

brb gonna go eat like half a pint of haagen dazs

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

^^^Go and live your dreams Mr. Comboomer.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe drop portions of it into some warm milk and make a drink type thing out of it?

You know, I could easily see using it for some sort of coffee concoction.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

just lol if you can't eat a whole jamón and brownie dish for one meal, what kind of goon are you. the giant stuffed bear is a bigger man than you

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Ror posted:

just lol if you can't eat a whole jamón and brownie dish for one meal, what kind of goon are you. the giant stuffed bear is a bigger man than you

well yeah isn’t he like 9 feet tall

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
went to costco today and saw the brownie thing everyone is going nuts about. it was easy not to buy because it looked really bad especially at $12

iMonarch
Mar 19, 2007
How are the Greenridge beef sticks? I've passed them up every time so far but I think I'm ready to commit.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jerkychat:

make your own loving jerky and do it with this recipe it is goddamn delicious

https://www.jerkyholic.com/sweet-heat-sriracha-jerky/

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

iMonarch posted:

How are the Greenridge beef sticks? I've passed them up every time so far but I think I'm ready to commit.

They're good but after one or two of them I'm all set for a while so I never buy them. They're also slimy beef sticks and which I don't like and would much rather just get the Kowalski Hunter sausages. Same reason why I don't buy the amazing korean bbq pork jerky, I hate feeling like I need to wash my hands every time I want a beef stick or piece of jerky.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Someone take a pic of the brownie

I miss the garlic bread they had it was greasy as gently caress and I loved it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I ordered a pizza for food court pickup, leaving a first name. When I went to get it, they said "were you the order with 7 chicken bakes?"

I don't know that guy, but I like his style.

And the lemon raspberry muffins are awesome.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone take a pic of the brownie

I miss the garlic bread they had it was greasy as gently caress and I loved it

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The brownie is small for the price, imo.

The new churros are legitimate.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Does anyone have experience with the gamer chair they have for sale?

this one

I’ve got a couple of Herman Miller Aerons but sometimes I just want a chair I can lean back in with my head supported you know? Will this scratch that itch at all without being a complete waste of money?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
buy a headrest for your Aeron then

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What makes that chair specifically for gamers?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Only "Supports up to 275 lbs", so clearly not.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The marketing :)

And I’m not sure how I’d go about getting a headrest for either of my aerons... They are awesome chairs, but I think they’d look hella goofy with a bolted on headrest

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

namlosh posted:

Does anyone have experience with the gamer chair they have for sale?

this one

I’ve got a couple of Herman Miller Aerons but sometimes I just want a chair I can lean back in with my head supported you know? Will this scratch that itch at all without being a complete waste of money?

My dumbass friend bought one of those. It's uncomfortable as poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FogHelmut posted:

Only "Supports up to 275 lbs", so clearly not.

I :lol:'d

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/9Yhc6mmdJC4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

My dumbass friend bought one of those. It's uncomfortable as poo poo

I will learn from the dumbass, and in that way only, will I be smarter.

I thought to myself, “I am wiser than this man; for neither of us really knows anything fine and good, but this man thinks he knows something when he does not, whereas I, as I do not know anything, do not think I do either. I seem, then, in just this little thing to be wiser than this man at any rate, that what I do not know I do not think I know either.” - Plato... before he was killed in his gaming chair, afaik