Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

congrats you're cheering for redneck to pretend break other redneck's skull and talking like it was real. how is every wrestling fan not the subject of immediate and relentless derision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
everyone likes rasslin

people like to rassle

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPnblDsmh3c

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i did scholastic in hs and it was a lot of fun op. takes a lot of athleticism and a decent amount of skill. dunno what you're talking about with this redneck stuff, i'm from michigan, pretty sure high schools have wrestling programs all over the country. i wasn't very good but no one told me that its fake, maybe i won some matches when i was supposed to lose idk.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Do you enjoy broadway shows OP where the actors are wearing tights?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sorry though OP. I think you might be confused.

This is wrestling.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://i.imgur.com/xShQWMQ.mp4

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i want to watch wrestling but i don't know how to get started

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Aardvark! posted:

go to a barcade that plays 80s wwf on all the tvs

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1325166802658238467

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Aardvark! posted:

Why, just tune in to AEW Dynamite Wednesdays at 8:00 Eastern on TNT

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Aardvark! posted:

Turn your TV to TNT at 8 pm est this Wednesday night for AEW Dynamite. Or watch it on the TNT app.

Also to OP when wrestling is good it's really good but when it's bad (ie modern WWE) it's dire.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
OP what is your thoughts on kinnikuman (an anime that is also wrestling)

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
OP is mad they didn't get to participate in the T.I.T.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://youtu.be/fqxvBzNblik?t=33

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mons Hubris posted:

Why, just tune in to AEW Dynamite Wednesdays at 8:00 Eastern on TNT

Its this. It might be rough starting out because you don't know any of the wrestlers or storylines, but aew is phenomenal compared to wwe. Dont even bother with that vince mcmahon garbage.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Just stay away from wwe trash you'll find some good wrasslin. also, most wrestlers are pieces of poo poo and chuds hence why there is no union

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

It’s a slobber knocker, OP, bygod

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

it's the wall, brother

hey wall

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

1redflag posted:

It’s a slobber knocker, OP, bygod

THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Apparently Goldberg is still around but he sucks now

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
It owns, OP. It's a soap opera where people pretend to fight, burn people, or throw them in dumpsters.

Bonus cream stream:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

There's a wrestler in AEW named Jungle Boy and he comes out to that song "Tarzan Boy" and when crowds come back it's going to be amazing to sing it when he comes out.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

There was a wrassler named Rikishi and his trademark move was to force his opponent to motorboat his huge rear end.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I loved wrestling in the late '90s/early '00s, and I'm sure it was just coincidental that I was a pubescent girl at the time.

edit:

Chief McHeath posted:

There was a wrassler named Rikishi and his trademark move was to force his opponent to motorboat his huge rear end.

Ah, memories. :allears:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chief McHeath posted:

It's funny Yokozuna and him are just the most generic terms to not confuse anyone too much.

Sumo wrestling loving owns, check out a basho on YouTube sometime and you might just get hooked!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

What is "One gif that shows exactly why wrestling is awesome," Ken?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
If I mildly liked Celebrity Deathmatch, does that mean I'm a wrestling fan? Asking for myself.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cool dudes op. Only loving psychos watch MMA and other poo poo where some roided up idiots murder each other, wrassling is theater.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

A Strange Aeon posted:

If I mildly liked Celebrity Deathmatch, does that mean I'm a wrestling fan? Asking for myself.

Now THERE'S something I never understood the appeal of.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Colonel Cancer posted:

Cool dudes op. Only loving psychos watch MMA and other poo poo where some roided up idiots murder each other, wrassling is theater.

Yeah, I've come to appreciate the subtle nuance and art of wrestling after watching a few ugly MMA matches.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

A Fancy Hat posted:

There's a wrestler in AEW named Jungle Boy and he comes out to that song "Tarzan Boy" and when crowds come back it's going to be amazing to sing it when he comes out.

Jungle Boy is Luke Perry's son and knowing this makes his matches all the better.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

pluto tv has two 24/7 wrestling channels, and one is mexican

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean it’s not 1890, nobody’s gonna show up if you put “disturbed acrobats” on the flier. :shrug:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

As a kid in the 80s, there was nothing better than watching this guy perform his patented "rectum ripper" in the ring and watching the look of sheer terror on his opponent's face.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I half like a few of the songs on the Mountain Goats album about wrestling, though don't really think it's their best work. Does this make me a wrestling fan?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sir Not Appearing posted:

As a kid in the 80s, there was nothing better than watching this guy perform his patented "rectum ripper" in the ring and watching the look of sheer terror on his opponent's face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rindaj88QlY

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Just start watching Botchamania and work backwards from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

I don't watch wrestling but with this one .gif, I get it now.