Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

quote:

And with this, I can now share what I know.

And before we get questions about me coming in "after the fact" I purposefully told a handful of people so that they could confirm when I was able to share (I do this as a safeguard for those who still think I am pulling poo poo out of my rear end):

ADA has been increasingly vocal in the locker room about certain race and social issues and supposedly been making those comments very well known.

He has also not been quiet about some of the changes in this country over the last few months and weeks.

For the most part, there’s an understanding that what you do on your own time is your own business. But ADA has apparently been taking his cues from the more active factions in the world and it is bleeding into the locker room.

This includes going out of his way to make comments that he doesn’t think there’s a big racial problem in the nation, recent events being fake news, etc.

That might not be a huge issue, save for the fact that he’s the one who keeps mentioning. Requests to get him to knock it off have not gone well. The leadership of this team, namely Trouba has taken him aside and told him to leave that stuff at the door and not let it become a distraction.

The other night, he went after Georgiev, got in his face, pinned him to the wall and then tried to choke him. Trouba and Miller stepped into separate them, and then ADA turned on them. Trouba basically bear hugged him and dragged him into the locker room by his jersey. What happened behind closed doors is unknown to me at this time. ADA also told "Miller to go f*** himself" among some other choice comments.

The other night was the final straw with someone who many believe cannot separate the politics and hit button issues from the locker room, views himself as having “made it”, and has really just not done a good job of controlling himself or conducting himself in a proper manner.

Now that it is leading to physical confrontations, the Rangers are basically done with him.

So NOW you know most of what I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Levitate posted:

It seems worth mentioning that I think I've seen a few places that Georgiev and DeAngelo never really got along well going back to their time in the AHL together. It might be reading too much into things but Georgiev did something where he wore a custom painted MLK mask and then auctioned it off with the proceeds going to programs that help under privileged youth and families.
Georgiev said this about it:

https://www.nhl.com/news/short-shifts-alexander-georgiev-martin-luther-king-mask-to-be-auctioned/c-317780796

So, getting a feeling he was a target of a lot of DeAngelo's rantings about race as well

Georgiev having MLK on his mask is much funnier if he did it to troll a racist lunatic on his own team.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1356332863881273344

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fantastic thread title

also it's been a banner couple days for postgame presser quotes

https://twitter.com/BenPopeCST/status/1356331937586159618

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DJExile posted:

fantastic thread title

The Radko Gudas appraoch

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

DJExile posted:

fantastic thread title

this is why xGF and xGA are king

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

DJExile posted:

fantastic thread title

Agreed :golfclap:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

DJExile posted:

fantastic thread title

this guy still stuck in ten years ago

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
OK RAS -- does anybody else feel that all of this going down on Quinn's watch speaks to his being 'in over his head'?

Ridiculous every-other-game arbitrary goalie carousel, Georgiev doesn't play Saturday night, and the whole blowup with TDA doesn't happen (not that I'm not on some level happy he's gone).

There's obviously been something 'off' in the Rangers' locker room for some time, and IMO, not a good look that it came to blows in such a public and embarrassing way.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

This is literally just an NHL video game move...i love it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Otis Reddit posted:

OK RAS -- does anybody else feel that all of this going down on Quinn's watch speaks to his being 'in over his head'?

Ridiculous every-other-game arbitrary goalie carousel, Georgiev doesn't play Saturday night, and the whole blowup with TDA doesn't happen (not that I'm not on some level happy he's gone).

There's obviously been something 'off' in the Rangers' locker room for some time, and IMO, not a good look that it came to blows in such a public and embarrassing way.

It’s not a good look for NYR that this happened on their watch. I believe there are Tony D-Lites throughout the league and we can’t dogpile NYR for having one, but that doesn’t forgive them for signing one of the most vocal MAGA chud assholes in the world.

But Quinn didn’t sign the guy and there is no evidence that this is on him. In fact this whole scenario is mostly wild conjecture right now. I don’t love the guy but what is he supposed to do? He already healthy scratched him early in the season. This is on people above Quinn’s pay grade and again, even tho I think this is a problem in many locker rooms, NYR needs to be proactive in righting this wrong and doing everything they can to prove that this poo poo shouldn’t be ok on any level.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Otis Reddit posted:

I have thought Quinn is a bad coach before this TonyD incident. So I don't have much to add here.

Go get Gallant.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
mcdavid good

oilers bad

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

WeaponX posted:

But Quinn didn’t sign the guy and there is literally no evidence outside some wild conjecture that this is on him.

friend, the evidence is right in front of your eyes. I'm amazed you can't see it - you think Tony was allowed to dominate the Rangers' locker room with his extremist Qanon ideas without some help from his coach? look here

quote:

Quinn

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Otis Reddit posted:

No, I don't think this has anything to do with Quinn or how he handles the locker room.

The whole thing with DeAngelo was a problem building up and was going to happen one way or another. Quinn and the Rangers tried to address it, guys in the room tried to address it, and DeAngelo wouldn't listen and now he's gone.

This is 100% DeAngelo. The most you can say is they should have just canned him when he started being more of a locker room problem but I think there's a line to walk with those things in terms of what the guys in the room want and feel like should happen. When the players in the room were done with it, the team stepped in to support them.

"Something off" in the locker room is vague and you're going to have to start giving specifics on why you think that and not just throw out at there as accepted fact. The main thing I see is that this is a very young team that has had a lot of its in room leadership leave recently (and most of us were clamoring for them to be gotten rid of by last year...Staal, Lundqvist, Girardi before that, let McDonagh walk, etc) and new guys are trying to step up and I don't think it's something that happens overnight.

The Rangers could maybe benefit from a new coach, I dunno, but I think there's a lot of ignoring some of the things the team has been doing this year that indicate they are trying to buy into the coaches system and having success with better defense etc and having an unlucky streak rather than Quinn "losing the room" and such.
If the team continues to struggle and their play starts spiraling down then yeah maybe Quinn is on the hot seat, but for this situation this seems to be a DeAngelo thing

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Aye Doc posted:

friend, the evidence is right in front of your eyes. I'm amazed you can't see it - you think Tony was allowed to dominate the Rangers' locker room with his extremist Qanon ideas without some help from his coach? look here

lmbo

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

corn on the cop posted:

this guy still stuck in ten years ago

Not a bad thing if he could replicate his performance from a decade ago.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

https://twitter.com/NYRFan92360244/status/1356016051604094976

I want to believe.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

lol someone taking that seriously

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/NYRFan92360244/status/1356286813892210696

can't wait for like, jeremy roenick to go on the radio somewhere and scream about how back in the old days, getting punched in the face by a teammate was the sign of a five star man, of a champion and a captain and then he would start crying miserably into the mic while mark madden tries to quickly throw to commercial

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/NYRFan92360244/status/1356286813892210696

can't wait for like, jeremy roenick to go on the radio somewhere and scream about how back in the old days, getting punched in the face by a teammate was the sign of a five star man, of a champion and a captain and then he would start crying miserably into the mic while mark madden tries to quickly throw to commercial

can't wait for ADA to go on some right wing shill's show and rant about how he was censored and silenced

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

This is all very Orwellian, Tucker.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/BruceMcCurdy/status/1356336709605105664

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fancy stats posted:

This is all very Orwellian, Tucker.

he's hitting joe rogan first imo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tyler Bunz

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

I had to look this up in relation to the Leafs, because I would have guessed Pogge was the last Leafs-drafted goalie to play a game for the Leafs. But, I forgot that Reimer was actually drafted by the Leafs, and both Sparks and Bibeau had 38 games between them.

Losing Reimer for basically nothing was the worst trade involving a Leafs-drafted goalie this century.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Where is this from?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Where is this from?

Sources close to the team

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Where is this from?

a Rangers hfboards poster named "Edge"

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
the real shame about all this Tony DeAngelo stuff is that it's taking away the spotlight from the debut of Zub

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
https://twitter.com/TSNSimmer/status/1356335147235373061

By all means, let's let the coach who pushed to bring in Hainsey, Zaitsev, and Josh Brown decide whether Brannstrom can play defense.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Twin Cinema posted:

I had to look this up in relation to the Leafs, because I would have guessed Pogge was the last Leafs-drafted goalie to play a game for the Leafs. But, I forgot that Reimer was actually drafted by the Leafs, and both Sparks and Bibeau had 38 games between them.

Losing Reimer for basically nothing was the worst trade involving a Leafs-drafted goalie this century.

Am I missing the joke here? Because, ya know, Rask...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

a Rangers hfboards poster named "Edge"

And he learned all this even while winning the Royal Rumble last night? Busy guy.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Would like to talk about good defenseman instead of bad one

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1356062404279320576

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Aye Doc posted:

he's hitting joe rogan first imo

Looking forward to the 45 minute discussion on the best kind of cup.

IN THAILAND THEY ARE MADE OF STEEL!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

This isn't just playing a game for the Leafs (or Oilers), this is playing a complete game for anyone!

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

fits posted:

mcdavid good

oilers bad

I keep seeing people saying "Connor has to get out of Edmonton!" Well look, I live in Edmonton, and it isn't that simple. You can't leave. Any highway out of town just loops around and deposits you back at the entrance of the city. The airport is a Potemkin village. We are surrounded by ice and mists, and the wolves consume all who try to flee on foot.

We don't know what started this curse, but legends say "the trade is one for one."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not sure that's right because we did a family trip in the 80's taking the alcan and we stopped at the Edmonton mall and I can assure you I am not still in Edmonton.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1356324187682582532

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1356350042991448064

Such a shame Tony D is missing out on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/1356354603944718337