Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Watch_Dogs 2 did an excellent job of combining multiplayer and singleplayer so I would like to see more of that. For instance, if you got a wanted level in your singleplayer game, it would send a player after you from his singleplayer game. From the second players perspective, an enemy hacker organization is trying to get away from some poo poo and you have to stop him
that reminds me, the dark souls invasion stuff was so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The new Slamtruck is the most form over function vehicle Rockstar has ever released. The thing drives like absolute poo poo, does not corner or stop, and will just spin the tires endlessly.

Looks cool as gently caress though. Shame that you can't actually haul cars with it despite it being a ramp truck :negative:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

You think they could put the same hook mechanism the cargobob has on the bed. Drive a car up the ramp and it 'clicks' into place.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

T1g4h posted:

The new Slamtruck is the most form over function vehicle Rockstar has ever released. The thing drives like absolute poo poo, does not corner or stop, and will just spin the tires endlessly.

Looks cool as gently caress though. Shame that you can't actually haul cars with it despite it being a ramp truck :negative:

Weirdest thing... I bought it yesterday because of course I did... and after I upgraded it, took it out for a spin. I swear it had hydraulics. I played with them a bunch to see if I could do anything cool.
They were the slow hydraulics like the donk has.

Today I log in and they’re gone! No hydraulics on the truck at all. My character just keeps ducking like an rear end in a top hat... wtf :rockstar: ??

E: donk, not sink

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It is supposed to have the same hydraulics as the donk.

As for why they can't get tow trucks to work online, I don't know. Whenever modders spawn tow trucks they get very glitchy, especially if you turn them into a tow truck centipede as players are wont to do. De-sync does bad things to the game's physics.

The Cargobob barely works and has been broken at times in the past, and you can't even chain them.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

It does have the limited hydraulics like the DONK. Up down and some lean but not really bounce

Driving it I was flashing back to the 20 minutes I owned the drift Yosemite yikes it’s bad

Have to laugh that the back isn’t even a ramp it’s more of a flatbed

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was at least hoping you could maybe park club delivery motorcycles on it and do that but I suspect even if it were marginally possible it'd go real real bad the moment the servers hiccoughed once.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

as far as I can tell the vehicle's only reason to exist is for car collectors to pose for photos with their car on the back

and you can't even do that with your own, you need a friend with the thing

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 23, 2021

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
E: see the discord for news

spookykid fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 30, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Does the Discord cover PS4 players? Just recently got back into GTAO. Purchased the starter pack and redeemed the twitch prime thing to kinda help me out.

Right now im just doing smaller missions to get my rank up as well as save money.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pretty much all the active users on the Discord these days are PC players.

Any tips or guidance will still cover the PS4 but most of us won't be able to join you to actually play.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Thats a bummer. I would have gotten this on PC but I already own it on PS4. Guess ill find another community to gang bang in but ill bookmark this thread and lurk around a bit. I appreciate it.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Thats a bummer. I would have gotten this on PC but I already own it on PS4. Guess ill find another community to gang bang in but ill bookmark this thread and lurk around a bit. I appreciate it.

Epic gave GTA5 away for free. It's been almost a year since they gave it away, so they might do it again soon.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

the game goes on sale pretty often.

i'm not sure if you can migrate accounts still but with the veterans on PC it's really easy to get going from nothing these days even if you can't.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

mp5 posted:

the game goes on sale pretty often.

i'm not sure if you can migrate accounts still but with the veterans on PC it's really easy to get going from nothing these days even if you can't.

Yeah I am not sure if I can Xfer my progress from PS4 to PC. But not like it matters. Ill try to wait till it goes on sale so I can pick up a copy for PC. I should be able to run it pretty well with my 1070 and i5.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I'm in the same boat, if you wanna send me a PM. Just came back after putting it down right when Benny's came out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Yeah I am not sure if I can Xfer my progress from PS4 to PC. But not like it matters. Ill try to wait till it goes on sale so I can pick up a copy for PC. I should be able to run it pretty well with my 1070 and i5.

YEah you can't transfer progress but with non stop goons backing you up and running you through heists you'll be rich in no time. I have it on PS4 and am pot committed since I have a ton of poo poo but I rarely play these days.

Edit - that said, if anyone on PS4 wants to play with any of my toys I can log on.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 2, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Gah screw it. Ill buy it on PC so I can play with goons. Should not take long with this internet. Can I buy it on Steam and still be ok? Or should I get it on the Epic game store. Or does it mattter?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Gah screw it. Ill buy it on PC so I can play with goons. Should not take long with this internet. Can I buy it on Steam and still be ok? Or should I get it on the Epic game store. Or does it mattter?

They all use the rockstar games launcher and can play with the other pc versions so it’s just preference.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If you've got Amazon Prime make sure to link it to Twitch Prime and your Rockstar account, you get free money and discounts from time to time. Definitely helpful if you're just starting out

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Medullah posted:

If you've got Amazon Prime make sure to link it to Twitch Prime and your Rockstar account, you get free money and discounts from time to time. Definitely helpful if you're just starting out

I just did it for PS4. So I dunno if it will carry over to my PC account. But once I get it I will be sure to link it and hope it works out.

E- Downloading on PC now. Gonna have to get another SSD the coming weeks so I can really not worry about load times. But the hard drive I have now is good enough. Can someone PM me the discord?

E2- Joined Discord and found out you can link both PS4 and PC to the same twitch account. So once I get started and completed the tutorial I should be good to go.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 2, 2021

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hell yea

Join the discord and check out the how not to suck guide to tell you how to use your intro couple million pretty well. We were just talking about getting a few of us together to do a all in a row achievement if you maybe wanna get in on that when it happens to acclimate to PC life

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

E- Downloading on PC now. Gonna have to get another SSD the coming weeks so I can really not worry about load times

SSD won't actually help with the long part of the online load time.

The way to minimize that is to load directly into Single Player and go to Online from there, rather than loading straight into Online on game launch.

I know that sounds stupid, because it is, but it saves like 5-8 minutes of waiting.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mp5 posted:

I know that sounds stupid, because it is, but it saves like 5-8 minutes of waiting.
You should maybe get an ssd because from steam to online took me 3:42 and my computer isn't great.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Jesus, this on PC is beautiful.

Give me a couple days to get levels online. Cant wait to meet and play with you guys.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Jesus, this on PC is beautiful.

Give me a couple days to get levels online. Cant wait to meet and play with you guys.

awesome... yeah it's quite a difference. I was on Xbox 360, then Xbox one, then PC. I actually bought the pc version right before they ended Character transfers and was able to move mine. It's a great dead game.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
So yeah I had to start over on GTO. But it wasn't a big deal. On PS4 I was rank 15 with some properties. Kinda wasted 20 bucks on the PS4 but it will carry onto the PS5 once I get my hands on it.

Had some people on the discord help me rank up. But sadly I got too tired to get past 4.

Edit: The only thing I dislike is the same frame rate caps I get online is the same on the PS4 in certain situations. I am guessing its because of the lobby and the game using the lovely P2P. Either way the game runs flawlessly on my PC and I absolutely love it. Oh and the time it takes to load online is absolutely horrible.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 2, 2021

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Going to task manager and setting gtav.exe to high priority under the details tab helps a little, and if you don't have it installed into an SSD then RIP.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I don't have gta on my ssd because I'm not devoting that much storage on it to this bloated carcass of a game.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Floppychop posted:

I don't have gta on my ssd because I'm not devoting that much storage on it to this bloated carcass of a game.
You can have more than one ssd. Shoot they even look like sticks of ram now and just plug into your motherboard.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My motherboard doesn't have an M.2 slot, and my machine has needed some upgrades for a while. For storage I'm at one 512gb ssd and two 1tb hdd

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Cage posted:

You should maybe get an ssd because from steam to online took me 3:42 and my computer isn't great.

mp5 posted:

SSD won't actually help with the long part of the online load time.

You can load into single-player in less than a minute if you have a good computer, every time.

Going straight into online is highly variable because the game handshakes with as many as 29 other clients depending on what lobby you get sorted into.

If you get dumped into a lobby by yourself there's nobody to handshake with so of course it'll be faster, so congrats on having a stopwatch for the one time you decided to time it.

This is also why, especially when coordinating 4 people together to do heists, we typical go Single Player -> Invite Only Lobby rather than rolling the dice on a public session which may or may not have cheaters in it slowing things down even further.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mp5 posted:

If you get dumped into a lobby by yourself there's nobody to handshake with so of course it'll be faster, so congrats on having a stopwatch for the one time you decided to time it.
LOL who has a stopwatch I used my smartphone. 8)

My point was the dude was clearly over exaggerating "saving 5-8 minutes by using a ssd". There was plenty of people in the lobby.

Still should use a ssd. Load straight to online and go get a drink.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Glad we exposed that guy for being a giant liar. Thanks for the diligence, dude.

I think the load times are probably one of the worst things about this game. There have been times when I've tried to load into Online and it sat there for so long I started to hear parts of the loading song that I'd never heard before. That song now angers me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Glad we exposed that guy for being a giant liar. Thanks for the diligence, dude.

I think the load times are probably one of the worst things about this game. There have been times when I've tried to load into Online and it sat there for so long I started to hear parts of the loading song that I'd never heard before. That song now angers me.
I wish it was The Ballad of Gay Tony pause music that was a good track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhStAPGyBs

Cage fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 3, 2021

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Yeah, it can get really frustrating, especially when it freezes on a screen transition or a hacker crashes your game, because having to wait 5+ minutes to get back in really puts a damper on my desire sometimes.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Thanks again for the help last night to some of the goons who I played with. I'll eventually get up there in ranks and whatnot.

I purchased the bunker and it seems to be sucking money out of my account. I keep purchasing cargo so my workers can make products but the return on it does not seem great. Am I doing anything wrong?

Also my main goals for this week is to get the free bonus money from the objectives. Already got the hatchet from Maude and ill be treasure hunting a little later this afternoon. Kinda want to save about 2 million so I can seed that money for future prospects.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Thanks again for the help last night to some of the goons who I played with. I'll eventually get up there in ranks and whatnot.

I purchased the bunker and it seems to be sucking money out of my account. I keep purchasing cargo so my workers can make products but the return on it does not seem great. Am I doing anything wrong?

do you have the equipment and staff upgrades? one of them makes your stock sell for slightly more, but both are worth it when you can get them (the security upgrade doesn't help much, if i recall correctly.) the bunker is slow to start, like most gta online businesses, but eventually it'll click and you'll break even, then start profiting from it.

that $9000 hourly charge is a bitch, though

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I spent about 1.6 million getting that bunker so I don't have the upgrades yet. That is next on my to-do list.

Been reading the how not to suck guide goke made and just doing the solo stuff in a small lobby. The greifers in this game really do make this difficult. Some guy dressed up in a pink alien costume driving the batmobile was trolling the hell out of me earlier this morning so I learned to just get into small lobbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

If you buy supplies before you have the staff and equipment upgrades purchased you're barely breaking even. With both upgrades purchased buying supplies will make you 135k profit.

edit: Only buy supplies when you're empty. buying partial supplies gives you less for your money because you pay 15k per 1/5th of a bar needed and it always rounds up, costing you more.

BonerKid fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 3, 2021