Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

This guy really enjoys it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKECiyIsq3I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

OP watch this match, it stars my two favorite wrestleguys the Lucha Bros.

https://youtu.be/y3su6yly2dQ

Pentagon Jr./Penta el Zero Miedo is a skeleton Mortal Kombat ninja who loves having ZERO FEAR of anything and will let you know that by spamming his taunt :miedo: . He has been known to break arms, spike dudes’ heads into the ground, and is occasionally fooled by others wearing his gear (in that he believes that he has been cloned or is looking in a mirror).

Rey Fenix is his flippier brother who is not bound to the laws of gravity. He flips and flies like nobody else, and has somehow not burst into a cloud of dust anytime he falls from a spectacularly high place. His signature finisher with Penta is to goomba-stomp an opponent’s butt as Penta does a piledriver, then Fenix flies off camera to jump into another opponent. He also has a wonderful smile! :haw:

They’re normally a tag team, but sometimes brothers fight! This is just the most recent battle they had, at the egging on of their teammate Eddie Kingston (on commentary in this match, he’s the #1 poo poo-Talker in wrasslin today and you’ll probably love him within 5 minutes).

Also of note, Penta and Fenix are buddies with a shredded goblin-man who is literally called THE BASTARD PAC (because he is a BASTARD). Their trios name is DEATH TRIANGLE, or as it’s informally known TRIANGULO DE LA MUERTE. They’re the best.

Go watch AEW, it is super fun and full of other assorted entertaining people. Then go further and watch Japanese wrestling like NJPW or any Joshi company.

Don’t watch WWE, that poo poo’s for donkey-brains and chuds. Just go watch clips of Macho Man Randy Savage or Stone Cold Steve Austin on youtube if you need to scratch that itch; the fed’s best days are long behind.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXjdc6kX3eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4E7b2DrbM

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I miss hte 1990s "attitude era " of Chess when you'd have like, Bobby Fischer winning the championship by throwing Razor Ramon into a dumpster filled with fart gas

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Mr. rear end distracts the referee so Garry Kasparov can sneak an extra pawn out from under the ring

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I don't watch wrestling but with this one .gif, I get it now.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Over here in euroland its 50/50 beefy gym dudes and hipster dads.

My ex worked at one wrestling event and said that the vibe was very weird.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Wrestlers are awesome because they have to get their poo poo rocked and continue to act. Imagine George Clooney taking a piledriver and continuing to go about his scene without flinching

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I still maintain that Middle School Gym Teacher during the WWF Attitude Era was the worst job to ever exist.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The dominator was a cool finisher

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wrestling is soap operas with better fight choreography. It's a shame that Vince and the other major owners are all literal demons from hell.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Wrestling is insanely boring and dumb but the stories from behind the scenes of poo poo like Saudi money and people loving each other over is pretty interesting

Sad that you need the former to get the latter

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

I haven't actually sat and watched a wrestling show since the 90s but before plague times when I used to go to the gym I preferred the tvs with wrestling or Guy Fieri shows. Really made that elliptical time go by.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

AHH F/UGH posted:

Wrestling is insanely boring and dumb but the stories from behind the scenes of poo poo like Saudi money and people loving each other over is pretty interesting

Sad that you need the former to get the latter

wrestling rules actually

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
WWE used to be good

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

WWE used to be good

when did lowtax get a wwe cameo!?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vegetable posted:

congrats you're cheering for redneck to pretend break other redneck's skull and talking like it was real. how is every wrestling fan not the subject of immediate and relentless derision

Most entertainment is fake hth

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

gary oldmans diary posted:

when did lowtax get a wwe cameo!?

When he let the Iron Sheik give him a camel clutch. Also, Wrestling gave us the Iron Sheik who still provides lols to this day:

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Insane clown posse made some crazy videos.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aardvark! posted:

i want to watch wrestling but i don't know how to get started

TBH I preferred Lucha Underground.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the kenny omega vs okada matches were sick as hell

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bogus Adventure posted:

WWE used to be good

Also, never forget

https://twitter.com/randyjcruz/status/1355617648609021952

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s hard to know who to back in a fight these days, as everyone in the ring including the referee is a sex offender.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

That was so fuckin' great.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s hard to know who to back in a fight these days, as everyone in the ring including the referee is a sex offender.

Please don't slander Asuka

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Well if you look at the recent us election, the only thing that matters is that your rapist won :smuggo:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Jeff Ranks the Faces in WWE 2K20 | GOTY 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP7nLWzZ3Wk

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Giant Bomb taught me about Hoodslam and I've never been the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeML8FYtrAQ

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

EorayMel posted:

Jeff Ranks the Faces in WWE 2K20 | GOTY 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP7nLWzZ3Wk

Speaking of faces, was The Rock a face or a heel? Because I hated him, and I never knew whether or not I was supposed to.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

YeahTubaMike posted:

Speaking of faces, was The Rock a face or a heel? Because I hated him, and I never knew whether or not I was supposed to.

Sometimes a face, sometimes a heel. You could always tell when he was a face depending on whether he was siding with Mick Foley.

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wrestling absolutely owns, dumb-dumb

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Bogus Adventure posted:

Sometimes a face, sometimes a heel. You could always tell when he was a face depending on whether he was siding with Mick Foley.

I mean, that's fine and all, he was just never not annoying. :shrug:

Mick Foley owns though. I think Dude Love was my favorite of his various personalities.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i watched wwe the other night and it was real bad and they got a dude named "slapjack" now.

i tried watching aew and it's embarrassingly bad bootleg wwe

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Trump is in the WWE hall of fame

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i like wrestling, OP. if you don't like wrestling you will almost never get into it as an adult, it is like anime or video games. i don't like anime or video games

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bonzo posted:

Trump is in the WWE hall of fame

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

the BASTARD PAC is my favorite guy and 2 years ago i hadn't watched wrestling since like 1997 WCW nitro takin hits from the bong

hes on AEW him and the luncha bros are fantastic and will make you have a good time

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Lmao wrestling appears to own

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

its like DnD or religion, you miss the window then you're never gonna care unless you're going through some kind of crisis

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

BodyMassageMachine posted:

OP watch this match, it stars my two favorite wrestleguys the Lucha Bros.

https://youtu.be/y3su6yly2dQ

seems pretty bad

like I appreciate that it's better than typical wwe stuff but that's a pretty low bar to clear

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
My gramps was all about it :rip:

But I watched it growing up in like the 80s-90s.

I'll watch it every now and then. The athletics are amazing.

does the AEW have like witchcraft and necromancers and poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

blight rhino posted:

My gramps was all about it :rip:

But I watched it growing up in like the 80s-90s.

I'll watch it every now and then. The athletics are amazing.

does the AEW have like witchcraft and necromancers and poo poo?

they got a zombie