Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS HORSESHIT PRESTI

https://twitter.com/CrainNBA/status/1356382324515086336?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

jackofarcades posted:

The worst part about the Mavs sucking right now is that there are people who have been waiting for 2 and a half years to say poo poo about Luka but haven't had a chance to and now they're all coming out of the woodwork.

Smug rear end warriors fans talking about how "Luka needs to learn how to share the ball or he'll never win." Hawks/Kings/Suns fans mad about getting clowned on for the draft. Morons who never thought Luka would do well because he's a slow Euro like Rashad Phillips. And just in general anyone who reflexively hates on anything people are hyping up.

All gunning for a guy who averages 27/9/9.

He's having some trouble getting to the line and (eye test)I think his defense is maybe worse (and it was pretty bad) but yeah he's otherwise having the exact same year as last year.

Zing has been pretty bad when playing and they look like they got absolutely jobbed on that Josh Richardson trade (and I really liked that trade for both sides). I think they'll look a lot better when Kleiber gets back though.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

He also looks like peak Ashton Kutcher/ Sean William Scott Dude Where’s My Car clone.

I've just started watching Person of Interest for the first time, and I am constantly reminded of Kyle Korver by the main guy Jim Caviezel at certain angles, it's weird.

Did Korver retire? Or is he waiting to be picked up down the line by a contender?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

MourningView posted:

I have been posting some version of "kyle korever was about as good at defense as kyle korver could ever possibly hope to be" for like 15 years now and I will not back down from this!

yes but the pictures are still funny
(good d)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I've just started watching Person of Interest for the first time, and I am constantly reminded of Kyle Korver by the main guy Jim Caviezel at certain angles, it's weird.

Did Korver retire? Or is he waiting to be picked up down the line by a contender?

I think he signed to the Bucks or someone. Kyle Korver now also oddly looks like his face just froze at someone point. It’s weird.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Lockback posted:

He's having some trouble getting to the line and (eye test)I think his defense is maybe worse (and it was pretty bad) but yeah he's otherwise having the exact same year as last year.

Zing has been pretty bad when playing and they look like they got absolutely jobbed on that Josh Richardson trade (and I really liked that trade for both sides). I think they'll look a lot better when Kleiber gets back though.

Yeah, the driving lanes aren't as open this year because he's playing a bunch of time with WCS at center and the team - even without his shots included - are at like 33% from 3. Only Tim Hardaway has really had shooting success, and he's either on or off on any given night.

edit: Luka's shot profile has changed a little bit, a fewer less shots at rim (and he's shooting worse there), about 10% less 3s, and he's shooting more mid-range... at a pretty high level. I imagine that will drop but they look pretty good when he takes them.

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 2, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have always been on the record that Luka has never been great at basketball between the second half of January until June and so far, for various reasons, I have yet to have this ridiculous statement proven wrong.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Kyle looks really goofy but also the most yolked he's ever looked so it's probably net neutral for him

He certainly has egg on his face there

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I have always been on the record that Luka has never been great at basketball between the second half of January until June and so far, for various reasons, I have yet to have this ridiculous statement proven wrong.

Rick your wisdom outweighs any wealth

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn63OyBF1Hg

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/998916012404862976?lang=en

put some respect on kyles name folks

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/1356384864455577604?s=21

Should be fun but the stans are going to be disappointed when he goes back to the bench in like two days

Apologies for so much Ball posting, it’s been like six years since I actually felt anything as a fan

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jackofarcades posted:

The worst part about the Mavs sucking right now is that there are people who have been waiting for 2 and a half years to say poo poo about Luka but haven't had a chance to and now they're all coming out of the woodwork.

Smug rear end warriors fans talking about how "Luka needs to learn how to share the ball or he'll never win." Hawks/Kings/Suns fans mad about getting clowned on for the draft. Morons who never thought Luka would do well because he's a slow Euro like Rashad Phillips. And just in general anyone who reflexively hates on anything people are hyping up.

:lol: the Kings have a better record than the Mavs and Bagley is shooting better from 3 than Pudgy Hedo #vladewasright

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

This is good!

The other thing that made kyle...not good, but less of a disaster on that end than his rep and shows up here is that he is low key very big even by nba wing standards he probably would have played a ton of 4 if he'd entered the league like 10 years later than he did.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 2, 2021

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Metapod posted:

Sounds about right. People be talkin up poku but that dude blows, and I'm an okc fan.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Poku is all potential no one thinks he's good now, just interesting as a long term prospect

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pepperchomp posted:

Sounds about right. People be talkin up poku but that dude blows, and I'm an okc fan.

Isn’t Poku just Boban basically, but without the rep and long career of Boban?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

what

this is genuinely the most insane comparison you could possibly make for him that involves another tall person and honestly he might be more similar to most guards

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

No he’s like Durant without the talent but with the shot selection and frequency

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Btw nobody is Boban except Boban

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
y'all remember kyrylo fesenko

e: ty corbin era jazz a great remember some guys team except only i remember any of the guys

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 2, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Btw nobody is Boban except Boban

That’s fair. Boban has earned his stuff that makes him awesome.

I’ve just gotten the impression from most people that Poku is super tall and it seems like...that’s about it.

So perhaps Tako or Boi Boi is a more apt comparison. It just seems like he has a cult following for being super tall.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

No he’s like Durant without the talent but with the shot selection and frequency

Durant was smooth even when he was bad. Poku looks like he's going to break his own nose with his elbow.

Poku is stretched out Jeremy Lamb.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah Poku kind of reminds of Shawn Bradley when I see him in movement...and that’s not a good thing.

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah Poku kind of reminds of Shawn Bradley when I see him in movement...and that’s not a good thing.

Omg thats who he reminds me of, its not even his game or anything but his lanky look

pepperchomp fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 2, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
wrong

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Kevin Huerter‘s nickname is Red Velvet? That sounds just wrong.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This is a great page for remembering some guys

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
First of all who cares if poku is good right now he's fun and I love him now keep him on the court

Secondly what are these comparisons hes like batum

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

remember mehmet okur?

remember milt palacio?

remember lou amundson?

that's it, those are all my jazz deepcuts

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Aside from his 3 point shooting, Luka's biggest problem is bbiq stuff like passing to wide open James Johnson instead of something more productive, like committing an offensive foul or kicking the ball into the gulf of Mexico

Really there are small things he can clean up but he's been terrific and if the mavs hit the open threes instead of missing them none of this would be a point of discussion. It's annoying to check box scores on my phone but I think it's been three weeks since the mavs shot 35% from deep in a game, something like that, it's a ludicrous cold spell, even for a poor shooting team

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Do they still sell a lot of posters or is it all Phone backgrounds these days?

"That guy just got windows wallpapered"

It’s the “ringtone platinum” of posters.

Rick posted:

Shumpert has been a good defender here and there but he has a hard time staying consistent with it. I guess as pickups go that's probably one of the better ones unless some people we don't expect get bought out in a month or two.

I was really excited to see him on the Kings two years ago but he couldn’t hit a drat shot to save his life after a decent first month or two. I guess his defense was probably fine but it was the Kings. I don’t think he helped Houston at all on that front but you kind of had to have to be able to hit a shot for them, and you don’t need to on the Nets. I was mainly excited because cool hair + cool name and he hasn’t had his cool hair in a while. He’s at least an upgrade on the perimeter D and won’t mind eating poo poo for Kyrie’s/Harden’s mistakes.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

jackofarcades posted:

The worst part about the Mavs sucking right now is all of you bitching about it because you thought he’d be an MVP in his 3rd season and that KP would magically be healthy. Nobody in this thread has ever once talked poo poo on Luka. I try not to think about him at all because it makes me not want to watch Kings basketball. This is not the place for a pity party because your 21 year old phenom is asked to do too much

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Dutchy posted:

Aside from his 3 point shooting, Luka's biggest problem is bbiq stuff

Aw man I thought you said bbq stuff. Like eating too many hot wings. Now I’m craving hot wings.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Kevin Huerter‘s nickname is Red Velvet? That sounds just wrong.

Would you rather they call him Strawberry Milk

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

remember mehmet okur?

remember milt palacio?

remember lou amundson?

that's it, those are all my jazz deepcuts

this is wildly disrespectful to all star and trail blazing stretch five memo okur

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Red Rox posted:

Aw man I thought you said bbq stuff. Like eating too many hot wings. Now I’m craving hot wings.

Easy fat joke but I will never disrespect my son

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Red Rox posted:

I got wings from my local spot last night, and it turned out the "suicide" wings are not sauced with a mix of the other sauces. I learned the hard way

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: the Kings have a better record than the Mavs and Bagley is shooting better from 3 than Pudgy Hedo #vladewasright

Lmfao my man!!!

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

WhyteRyce posted:

mama mia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

all this Okur talk reminds me, where is Omer Yurtseven goddamn it