Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Royal Updog posted:

they got a zombie

Debatable...

They did have matt hardy teleporting all over the arena though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

They were so huge and badass in the 2000s but nowadays they all look like a bunch of stocky dungeon masters

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I don't know what's funnier, that guy missing his entrance or that the gif was made by someone called JinderHahalGuy

lol

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I used to enjoy the rasslin. Back then you had performers like Randy Savage, the Junkyard Dog, and Dusty Rhodes--larger-than life characters who could captivate an *full* sports arena, and seamlessly blend complex athletic and theatrical performances in real time without missing a beat.

Also I was 6 six years old.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I used to love watching GLOW back in the day that poo poo was top notch trash TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiXafKF9XCU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Kurt Angle is a loving legend, even if RVD can't hit his spots.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

They were so huge and badass in the 2000s but nowadays they all look like a bunch of stocky dungeon masters

I liked the 80s/early 90s stuff.

You get some absolute beef cakes, some dudes that are fat and some guys that just look like fuckin slobs.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I don't know poo poo about wrestling, but I watched the Royal Rumble 3 years ago and Asuka and Kairi Sane are pretty loving cool. And I liked Fighting With My Family.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bogus Adventure posted:

Kurt Angle is a loving legend, even if RVD can't hit his spots.

He sold his rear end off for that spot, even though it was more broken than his freakin neck.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol I used to be a huge WWE fan but Vince Mcmahon being a disgusting loving ghoul killed all the joy and subsequently all interest I had in wrestling. He is one of the biggest pieces of poo poo alive and I will celebrate the day he dies.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

bradzilla posted:

Lol I used to be a huge WWE fan but Vince Mcmahon being a disgusting loving ghoul killed all the joy and subsequently all interest I had in wrestling. He is one of the biggest pieces of poo poo alive and I will celebrate the day he dies.

Yeah, Vince is a huge piece of poo poo and legitimately insane.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Yeeeeeeesssssss :haw:

He did an interview with Pro Wrestling Stories about the whole thing. He's a good sport.

What the gently caress? This is not the ECW that I knew and loved and was introduced to metal by. I mean, come on -- the ring isn't even covered in blood!

edit:

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, Vince is a huge piece of poo poo and legitimately insane.

Vince and Stephanie McMahon seem like terrible people.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAl3u1rSXA

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The only thing weirder than actual wrestling fans is the wresting fans who are WAY too into Japanese female wrestlers

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

AHH F/UGH posted:

The only thing weirder than actual wrestling fans is the wresting fans who are WAY too into Japanese female wrestlers

Maki Itoh rules, dude. She went from being in a crappy J-Pop group to wrestling.

Also, please respect the POTUS

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1347702975049854976

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wrestling looks so fun to get into but it seems like comic books: where the gently caress am I supposed to start?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

Maki Itoh rules, dude. She went from being in a crappy J-Pop group to wrestling.

See this is the kind of poo poo I'm talking about

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
So the answer, apparently, is quite a few people

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Wrestling looks so fun to get into but it seems like comic books: where the gently caress am I supposed to start?

Monster Wrestling: Interspecies Combat Girls

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I used to think adult pro wrestling fans were all comic book nerds, but one time I met a friend of a friend who worked security at a large arena and I asked him who had the shittiest fans to deal with, and he said wrestling fans are the worst of any event; music, sports, you name it. They get drunk and reckless like you wouldn't believe.

But also I am a wrestling fan and the key is to just channel surf to it and see if there is something going on at the moment that entertains, whether that be:
-Dudes flipping 630 degrees in the air
-Girls with nice butts
-A guy with the strongest Brooklyn accent imaginable pronouncing the name "Ricky Starks"
-Tassels

And then maybe you stick around
e. and just to be clear I am describing AEW. WWE does not pass the "channel surf and entertain me within 10 seconds" test tbh

Stealth Tiger fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 2, 2021

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

She also loves to learn English curse words and dirty phrases from her American fans and posting them.

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1347353260953255940?s=19

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Oh also Japan has the DDT Ironman Heavy Metal Weight Championship, which has been won by animals, food, Ron Funches, both male and female inflatable sex dolls, and is currently held by a book.

https://puroresusystem.fandom.com/wiki/Ironman_Heavymetalweight_Championship

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Stealth Tiger posted:

Oh also Japan has the DDT Ironman Heavy Metal Weight Championship, which has been won by animals, food, Ron Funches, both male and female inflatable sex dolls, and is currently held by a book.

https://puroresusystem.fandom.com/wiki/Ironman_Heavymetalweight_Championship

quote:

The 1,000th Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion was crowned on April 29, 2014, when the title belt itself became the champion, after pinning Sanshiro Takagi.

Lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I've been waiting forever for anime to become real. Turns out, it already was. If only this thread was made years ago...

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
There’s also a weird vibe because a lot of wrestling fans are Deep South USA racists and homophobic but wrestling is gay as hell (I love it), like it’s two dudes wearing speedo both roided up looking great just grappling each other and looking at the hard cam

It must be really confusing for those fans

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol wrestling owns

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Do it ironically posted:

There’s also a weird vibe because a lot of wrestling fans are Deep South USA racists and homophobic but wrestling is gay as hell (I love it), like it’s two dudes wearing speedo both roided up looking great just grappling each other and looking at the hard cam

They are, at the very least, a 4 on the Kinsey scale so it allows them a socially acceptable way to get off on homoeroticism. Yes, I know this is the least novel idea but it’s true.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
me at BLM protest

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm told the lower classes find it quite the distraction from their wretched drudgery and I can see by the posts in this thread that I was indeed well informed.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They are, at the very least, a 4 on the Kinsey scale so it allows them a socially acceptable way to get off on homoeroticism. Yes, I know this is the least novel idea but it’s true.

Oh yeah for sure it’s too bad people just can’t be themselves and we can all enjoy some wrasslin in a safe space

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Meme Poker Party posted:

I've been waiting forever for anime to become real. Turns out, it already was. If only this thread was made years ago...

Her twitter account is loving fantastic

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1356384748545798144

I wouldn't be surprised if she was a goon

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Do it ironically posted:

And the other 1/3 of fans are African American

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bogus Adventure posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if she was a goon

A goon waifu???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017