Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I saw the idea tossed around and I thought it was a good one that instead of Edge challenging Drew or Roman for the big belt for him to challenge for the Tag Team belts at mania with Christian as one last ride together.

The problem is WWE would have to take the tag belts seriously, have two dangerous heels as tag champs and be willing to feature that prominently at Mania so I guess thats a no go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

HidaO-Win posted:

I saw the idea tossed around and I thought it was a good one that instead of Edge challenging Drew or Roman for the big belt for him to challenge for the Tag Team belts at mania with Christian as one last ride together.

The problem is WWE would have to take the tag belts seriously, have two dangerous heels as tag champs and be willing to feature that prominently at Mania so I guess thats a no go.

Orton and... ? Triple H? That might actually be intriguing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Edge and Christian vs. the Street Profits vs. The New Day in a TLC match would be great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

Edge and Christian vs. the Street Profits vs. The New Day in a TLC match would be great

I don't think WWE should kill any more Canadians through blatant negligence.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think WWE should kill any more Canadians through blatant negligence.

look the only person that would die in that match is Montez Ford

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Emi Sakura is not only a better developer of young talent than WWE is, she is a better developer of talent starting out in their 30s and 40s

And she literally runs her empire out of a former dentist's office located in an alley

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Now that Priest is on RAW using the name Reckoning as his finisher, and Mia Yim made the company admit that COVID exists, what are the chances that she just gets memory holed and eventually sent back to job on NXT?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Intruder posted:

Imagining replacing JR screaming "Stunner! Stunner!" with "He calls that the Stone Cold Stunner!"

It's the jawbreaker that beat Jake Roberts!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Austin said that Austin 3:16 means I just kicked your rear end. Well that's what he's here to do tonight, kick some rear end

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Asuka has gone from devil-may-care rear end kicker to scared of rocking horses and absolutely befuddled when her partner leaves a match, unable to fathom the idea of wrestling and beating people up.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol putting aside every other terrible part of this dumb bullshit, the camera cut from Alexa's face to the spear looks so bad

https://twitter.com/gif_skull/status/1356453111859015680?s=20

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeepDickPizza posted:

lol putting aside every other terrible part of this dumb bullshit, the camera cut from Alexa's face to the spear looks so bad

It looks like scenes from two completely different (but equally awful) shows. Wow.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

ha, thought it was just my Hulu

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Tato posted:

Asuka has gone from devil-may-care rear end kicker to scared of rocking horses and absolutely befuddled when her partner leaves a match, unable to fathom the idea of wrestling and beating people up.

It took way longer than usual, but they did eventually figure out a way to make Asuka a geek

Next up is forcing her to cut all promos in English

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know why but I turned on Raw Talk and Ric Flair appears to be silently dying live on air

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DeepDickPizza posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DeepDickPizza posted:

I legitimately thought this was because of Sling cutting from one program to the next.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Me when there’s more loving Fiendshit.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DeepDickPizza posted:

Peewee Herman gum or Papa Shango curse?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm not sure what happened before that cut but Edge looks so gassed after the pinfall.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

like, at least use the same lighting later if you're going to shoot some of the episode before lunch

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Edge and Orton were having a pretty decent match too, and that poo poo at the end ruined it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edge is older than macho man was when he died

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I see Edge's spear is just as dogshit as it ever was

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I see Edge's spear is just as dogshit as it ever was

Yeah, his return at the Rumble last year was basically "OH MY GOD EDGE IS BACK, THIS IS INCREDI-:lol:" as soon as he hit a Spear.

I mean, one that Dunn didn't cut away from anyway.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cavauro posted:

edge is older than macho man was when he died

Macho was about 40 when Vince pushed him into announcing because he was "too old".

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know it just occurred to me that Wrestlemania is gonna be Drew's first time coming out as champ in front of fans.

I mean.

You can argue that Wrestlemania shouldn't be having fans, but that'll probably be neat.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/aliwwe/status/1356310261771210753?s=21

he ain’t wrong, woof

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Is everybody ready for FIENDBRUARY?

:smithicide:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Fiend cannot hurt those that don't watch.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

karmicknight posted:

The Fiend cannot hurt those that don't watch.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Jokes on you I haven't seen another person in like a year.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Now that j-ru is free is nobody doing the summaries?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Seams posted:

j-ru could still write them and we'd never be able to tell

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://streamable.com/8fxbj1

GIVE ME RECKONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Seams posted:

Raw Results:

It was bad

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Seams posted:

I'm not talented enough as he was but mainly he pulls everything from F4W recap of the show.
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-royal-rumble-fallout-331896

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

2/1 Raw Results (full results here):

• Drew McIntyre entered to start the show. Edge interrupted as McIntyre was about to speak about the men’s Rumble match. McIntyre called Edge a mentor who looked out for him when they were on the road. He remembered how terrible it was the day that Edge had to retire. Edge thanked him for the kind words but had to be blunt with him. Edge asked, “what the hell is wrong with you?” Edge said he was an immediate threat but McIntyre was showering him with compliments instead of kicking his head off. McIntyre said he wasn’t like a certain opportunist, he was a different kind of champion. Sheamus interrupted. He threatened Edge. McIntyre backed off Sheamus. McIntyre wanted to know what Edge’s decision was (regarding WrestleMania). Edge said he would assess his options. Edge warned McIntyre that he had a huge target on his back. Edge said that no matter who he chooses, he will walk out of Mania as champion. Edge left. McIntyre posed with his belt and turned around into a Brogue Kick by Sheamus.

• US Championship: Riddle defeated Bobby Lashley (w/MVP) via DQ (1:40)

Lashley applied the Hurt Lock with Riddle on the apron. The ref tried to stop Lashley but he didn’t break before the five-count so the ref called the DQ (after giving him a few more seconds). I think they said Riddle tapped while he was in the hold but it obviously didn’t count. Officials were still tending to Riddle ringside after a break. Riddle couldn’t remember what happened or who he was facing. They told him it was Lashley and he tried to get up but they stopped him.

• Orton cut a promo backstage. He didn’t think it was possible that Edge would return, let alone return in the Rumble at number one and win it. There was a problem with that, though. Orton told the world that Edge would never return and now Edge has made him a liar. They announced Edge vs. Orton tonight.

• Xavier Woods (w/Kofi Kingston) defeated Mustafa Ali (w/Retribution) (4:07)

Woods hit a side Russian leg sweep and discus clothesline but T-Bar broke up the cover. The ref yelled at Retribution instead of calling for a DQ. Kingston jumped off T-Bar’s shoulders to wipe out Slapjack with a dive. Ali tried to use the distraction to score a rollup pinfall but Woods countered into a rollup of his own for the win.

• MizTV with guest Bad Bunny

Miz mentioned how successful Daniel Bryan was learning under him and he offered Bad Bunny the opportunity to do the same. All they wanted in return was his help getting a recording deal. Miz and Morrison sang in Spanish until Bad Bunny interrupted them. He called them “special” but wasn’t interested in their offer. Miz got angry and told him that he wasn’t talking to Shakira and J-Lo. Miz warned him but Bad Bunny said he was only on MizTV because his friend wanted to be on it too. Damian Priest entered and embraced Bad Bunny before knocking down Miz with a forearm. Morrison bailed to check on Miz as the segment ended.

• Damien Priest (w/Bad Bunny) defeated The Miz (w/John Morrison) (4:23)

Miz went for the briefcase but Bad Bunny took it away. Morrison confronted Bad Bunny so he gave him the briefcase. Bad Bunny then clocked Morrison in the face with his microphone. Priest gave Miz the Reckoning for the pinfall win.

• Shelton Benjamin & Cedric Alexander defeated Lucha House Party to retain the Raw Tag Team Championships (11:12)

• Sarah Schreiber interviewed Charlotte Flair and Asuka. Charlotte felt bad she let her team down. Asuka wanted to speak for herself. She said she was ready but they only lost because of the distraction by Lacy Evans and Ric Flair. Charlotte said the only thing on her mind was winning the titles back. Asuka was happy to hear that but her response also felt like a warning to Charlotte not to mess up again.

• Triple threat tag team match: Naomi & Lana defeated Raw Women’s Champion Asuka & Charlotte Flair and Mandy Rose & Dana Brooke (11:07)

Charlotte hit Natural Selection and Ric Flair’s music hit at that exact moment. Ric and Evans entered. Instead of continuing to wrestle, Charlotte acted like a child and tagged in Asuka because she didn’t want to deal with it. Asuka looked confused as Charlotte just walked away. Naomi hit Asuka with the Rear View for the pinfall win. Naomi and Lana will face Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler for the titles.

• Caruso interviewed McIntyre. McIntyre said it would be an honour to face Edge at Mania. Regarding Sheamus: McIntyre was emotional in explaining that families fight all the time but this felt different. McIntyre looked at the camera and told Sheamus that if he wants to throw away their 20-year friendship over the title then so be it. McIntyre accepted his challenge.

• Jeff Hardy & Carlito defeated Elias & Jaxson Ryker (5:55)

They worked over Hardy until Carlito made the hot tag and ran wild on Ryker. Elias tagged in and used a schoolboy for two. Carlito hit a backstabber and tagged in Hardy who nailed a Swanton Bomb for the pinfall win. (Carlito and Ryker didn’t exactly work well together, but it’s hard to be critical of Carlito for that.)

• There was an Edge/Orton video package. They claimed that this would be their last match against each other.

• There was a Black History Month video featuring Big E, Titus O’Neil and Montez Ford.

• Edge saw Priest in the back and told him that he was impressed by him last night. They shook hands.

• Alexa Bliss defeated Nikki Cross (6:43)

Cross began making a comeback but stopped when Bliss’ old music played and she transformed into regular Alexa Bliss. Bliss acted like everything was normal and was ready to have a competitive match. Cross wasn’t buying it and attacked her. The Funhouse music played and child-like Bliss was back. Bliss used her own version of Sister Abigail (a DDT) for the pinfall win. This was extremely dumb and bad.

As Bliss began leaving, Orton entered (for his match). They crossed paths on the ramp. Bliss stared at Orton as they passed each other but Orton didn’t look at her.

• Edge defeated Randy Orton (16:04)

They had a decent match with a terrible ending. Orton set-up for the RKO when Alexa Bliss suddenly appeared on the top turnbuckle as blood (or something) poured out of her mouth. Edge speared Orton for the pinfall win. Bliss disappeared.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
She had weird black goop coming out of her mouth. Very rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
oh god noone made a Februarry thread, this is a crisis