Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Gutcruncher posted:

PS+ games go up on the first Tuesday of the month. Try tomorrow.

Sometime in the range of 1-3pm Eastern, to be exact!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Capcom is feeding the horny

https://twitter.com/re_games/status/1356391885816823808?s=21

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Dunno where the Demon's Souls thread went so I'll post it here.

Holy poo poo, this game looks unbelievable. Truly, I am in awe of the lad.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I just turned on my PS5 and there was an Astro's Playroom update but I can't find patch notes anywhere. Anyone know what changed? I assume just bug fixes, not that I can think of any bugs I noticed in this perfect game.

Edit:

And suddenly my account is suspended out of nowhere??? I changed my payment method back to my debit card the other day, so maybe that triggered it? I bought one game for 4 dollars after that (checked, any my bank didn't refuse the charge or anything). What the gently caress. This is after a month of support problems getting a replacement PS5 after the first one's bluetooth didn't work. I'm so fed up with this poo poo.

caldrax fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 2, 2021

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just played through God of War in December. I'm gonna hold off on playing TLoU2 and Days Gone and whatever other big first party PS4 games I hadn't played for now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really hope Destruction All Stars is fun

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just played through God of War in December. I'm gonna hold off on playing TLoU2 and Days Gone and whatever other big first party PS4 games I hadn't played for now.

Did they announce PS5 enhancements for TLOU2?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

I thought Days Gone already had the PS4 Pro+ treatment on PS5 so it's 4k60 already?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

^^I guess that's safe for me to play then.

smoobles posted:

Not to my knowledge. But I'm certain that they will a month after I play through it.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

yeah I got a used copy of Demon's Souls and had to turn it off after dying for the first time because I won't finish Fenyx or God of War if I start this poo poo. It's so awesome looking and feeling. How I finally want a Souls game to feel.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Monolith. posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3945668&pagenumber=1

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I found a reddit thread where apparently people are getting locked out of their accounts because the serial on their PS5 doesn't match what's on file. My PS5 was replaced with a new one so clearly someone didn't log something. Of course I can't resolve this right now because there's no one at the phone support offices this time of night, so now I'm going to have to go through PS support hell tomorrow for the... 6th or 7th time, I've lost track, with this goddamn poo poo company.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Monolith. posted:

I just started Demon's Souls up tonight, and it really is gorgeous.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

smoobles posted:

No, TLOU2 doesn't have a PS5 update announced yet.

Akuma posted:

I thought Days Gone already had the PS4 Pro+ treatment on PS5 so it's 4k60 already?

Yes, Days Gone already has a PS5 update. Ghost of Tsushima also does, and God of War's is coming tomorrow.

That's it so far for first-party Sony PS4 games with PS5 updates.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why does rebinding the controls in immortals have to feel like trying to do brain surgery
the game itself doesn’t even seem to know which buttons do or don’t interfere with each other

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Baggot posted:

No, TLOU2 doesn't have a PS5 update announced yet.

Yes, Days Gone already has a PS5 update. Ghost of Tsushima also does, and God of War's is coming tomorrow.

That's it so far for first-party Sony PS4 games with PS5 updates.

today's patch gives me hope for horizon

Augus posted:

why does rebinding the controls in immortals have to feel like trying to do brain surgery
the game itself doesn’t even seem to know which buttons do or don’t interfere with each other

i wouldn't be surprised if the answer was covid

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Honestly, that seems to just be how way too many console games work when it comes to rebinding controls. Even when they allow it, they're rarely made with the idea of someone actually doing so in mind.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

February PS+ games are all up early!

Control PS4/PS5: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4040-PPSA01949_00-CONTROLUEPS50000

Destruction AllStars: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PPSA02712_00-DALLSTARSPLUS001

Concrete Genie: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA11834_00-CONCRETEGENIE000

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I applaud Sony's business model of making every game I was gonna buy free.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

smoobles posted:

I applaud Sony's business model of making every game I was gonna buy free.

to buy yakuza 0 or not? :thunk:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The raytracing and haptic feedback in Control are incredible. This is such a good PS5 upgrade! If you're fixated on the 60 FPS please try out the graphics mode some - the differences are dramatic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wrong thread

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Rinkles posted:

to buy yakuza 0 or not? :thunk:

i just bought it today and never played any of them before. its only 5 bucks for another two days and i think you could do way worse for that amount

i only played a little on a break from work but started enjoying it right from the get go

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KyQspfNUfA

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol Destruction Allstars is fuckin cool. It looks great, it handles great. It's the perfect escapist launch window ps+ title. It's like part titanfall part destruction derby but more arcadey.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Not gonna lie, digging Destruction Allstars way more than I expected.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Kirios posted:

The raytracing and haptic feedback in Control are incredible. This is such a good PS5 upgrade! If you're fixated on the 60 FPS please try out the graphics mode some - the differences are dramatic.

Yeah, i didn’t expect the haptics to be like this, it’s amazing. The astral plane is even more insane looking with all those rays of light bouncing everywhere.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Wow it’s a great time to game on PS5. Super strong month already and Niohs aren’t even out yet!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Does this new version of control carry over your saves from the original version? I might want to try it out just to gently caress around in it for a bit but I'm not intending to replay the whole game again

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Yesssssss.

Also lol guess 2019 is too far back for a free upgrade

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

Does this new version of control carry over your saves from the original version? I might want to try it out just to gently caress around in it for a bit but I'm not intending to replay the whole game again

Doubt it, ps5 games cant read ps4 games unless the dev sets up some save upload convert fuckery like spiderman did.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Really want to play Control but I gotta finish Day's gone and Demon's souls first. I always start singleplayer games and take months to finish them and I really don't want three on the go.

Or, I might just start control anyway and put Days gone on the backburner...

acksplode
May 17, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Nope!! drat those reflections are pretty though

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I’m pretty surprised at Control being a freebie. It looks like it’s going to be one of the best PS5 native games there is right now.

I’ll probably replay it there once I get a PS5. The two lotteries I entered in will have their results announced soon, and there’s another one starting up in a few days. There’s probably still less than 1% chance for all of them though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 2, 2021

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It's time for a heist, Samurai Sanders. Break into the secret Sony Vault with a team of misfits and steal a pallet full of PS5s!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's time for a heist, Samurai Sanders. Break into the secret Sony Vault with a team of misfits and steal a pallet full of PS5s!
I’m pretty sure that every single PS5 that rolls off the assembly line for the Japanese market probably gets into the hands of either a user or a scalper within a day or two. At the rate they’re distributing them here, it’ll probably be another year before they have enough for even the initial demand.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

https://twitter.com/ArmaanJustVibe/status/1356286194406055936

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’m pretty sure that every single PS5 that rolls off the assembly line for the Japanese market probably gets into the hands of either a user or a scalper within a day or two. At the rate they’re distributing them here, it’ll probably be another year before they have enough for even the initial demand.

I assume ordering one from a non domestic source and importing is also out of the question, right?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The situation with PS5 availability being what it is, I'd be surprised if it didn't just get "lost" in transit if you tried that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

The situation with PS5 availability being what it is, I'd be surprised if it didn't just get "lost" in transit if you tried that.

I mean..I got mine pre-ordered from Amazon France. But it was on release date and no one was stealing stuff yet...you might be right