Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If you had 24 cans of pop delivered as part of your online shopping and one of the cans is burst would you expect the whole lot refunded or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Depends

Was it from a struggling local retailer or a massive supermarket?

The latter should refund it all and oh god it ruined my carpet!!!!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I wouldn't even bother mentioning it if it's 1 can

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm considering going to a takeaway tomorrow and eating it in the park, because I'm fed up of my own cooking, I'm fed up of being inside and I just want to be somewhere different.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

have you considered staying in and consuming mind altering psychedelics instead?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

go buy a big pizza and eat it on a park bench and get arrested and cavity searched by priti's stormtroopers

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's ocado. Obviously.

Their system allows for the refunded item to automatically be tracked back and a tiny black mark placed against not only the driver but any packing staff that handled that product before it reached me. Enough of these marks and they lose I dunno a bonus or eventually maybe even get fired.

I said forget about it. But I'm still twitching.

Eating takeaways outside is illegal. I dunno what you're supposed to do if like you're at work but have nowhere to eat your lunch?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I just want to spend a few days somewhere that isn't either a) my home, or b) the immediate vicinity around my home. Some other human beings would be nice, too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's ocado. Obviously.

Their system allows for the refunded item to automatically be tracked back and a tiny black mark placed against not only the driver but any packing staff that handled that product before it reached me. Enough of these marks and they lose I dunno a bonus or eventually maybe even get fired.

I said forget about it. But I'm still twitching.

Eating takeaways outside is illegal. I dunno what you're supposed to do if like you're at work but have nowhere to eat your lunch?

Lol those people definitely do not ever get a bonus of any kind and will most definitely just get sacked

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Ok. But I'm out a can of diet pepsi here...

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Ok. But I'm out a can of diet pepsi here...

*tosses 50p at your feet*

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's a multipack can. That would probably fall foul of selling them individually?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Just drink 4 cans one after the other, piss into a glass an hour later and hey presto it's like it was there all along

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

I just want to spend a few days somewhere that isn't either a) my home, or b) the immediate vicinity around my home. Some other human beings would be nice, too.

:feart:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Getting vaccinated tomorrow, and I also had COVID a month ago so my immune system is gonna be big and muscley and strong.

I wonder if getting vaccinated soon after actually having it is the same as getting two doses?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

It actually undoes the vaccination and makes you a super spreader

Also it gives you scurvy

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Have they suggested when you will get the second jab? If not please report back tomorrow if they tell you then. You don't have to of course but I'll remember.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Same with public toilets. All closed in our town most of the time. With all the local cafes and so forth open only for takeaways and with their toilets closed off, quite where delivery drivers and other outside essential workers are supposed to do their business and wash their hands, I don't know.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If you had 24 cans of pop

cannot envision such a glamorous life

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Same with public toilets. All closed in our town most of the time. With all the local cafes and so forth open only for takeaways and with their toilets closed off, quite where delivery drivers and other outside essential workers are supposed to do their business and wash their hands, I don't know.

Technically it's illegal for restaurants to deny us use of their toilets as we count as staff or something. They get round this by just saying they're broken most of the time.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

presumably they should be shut down if they dont have working toilets

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

is there anyone else who used to like comics but is just sick of how grimdark and bleak they have become?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

is there anyone else who used to like comics but is just sick of how grimdark and bleak they have become?

I still get a laugh or 2 out of Viz.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Anyone got tips for manic insomnia? Its been weeks since i have slept for more than 3 hours.
I have tried drink, drugs, music, audio books, jerking off, jerking off twice, doing combinations of. Nothing is helping.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've just gotten back into them because immortal hulk is absolutely, uh, incredible

I'm enjoying the current x men run although it does the x men thing where the story is actually spread over a zillion different comic series

Re: insomnia, have a baby and then you'll at least have a good reason for no sleep

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Re: insomnia, have a baby and then you'll at least have a good reason for no sleep

My Boys just turned 20 & 21 and there is no way im ever going though that again.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Fumble posted:

Anyone got tips for manic insomnia? Its been weeks since i have slept for more than 3 hours.
I have tried drink, drugs, music, audio books, jerking off, jerking off twice, doing combinations of. Nothing is helping.

Wanking three times

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Fumble posted:

Exercise.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Does your daily routine allow you to switch over to polyphasic sleeping?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Pink gin is very nice at 1 in the morning.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

Technically it's illegal for restaurants to deny us use of their toilets as we count as staff or something. They get round this by just saying they're broken most of the time.

demand a bucket imo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

some cheerfully incompetent fellows are cutting up the road outside my house with an angle grinder. they should be through the tarmac in about eight weeks at this rate, and then they can get the really noisy tools started

e: oh they're having a break for some eurobeat

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 2, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Are they really incompetent or are you just cross with them?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

it can be both

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

This is it for me. I'm fortunate that I rarely suffer from insomnia, but it's been more common since lockdown began and I no longer go to the gym. It's much harder to motivate myself to workout at home, but if I go a few days without, I have terribly restless nights.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

oh no computer posted:

UPS are loving useless. Dad's bday tomorrow, ordered him some cider online last Monday. Original package was meant to turn up Wednesday but UPS damaged it so they returned it to the sender. A new package was sent Wednesday to turn up Friday but it's still not here. Couldn't get through on the phone, tried messaging their twitter this morning but they're still replying to people who tweeted them on Thursday/Friday so I doubt they'll get round to replying until it's too late (if they reply at all).
It's just turned up, this one's broken too. gently caress sake.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is the package the approximate size of a PS5?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

That sounds big for a butt plug, but as long as the base is flaired go wild

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh no computer posted:

It's just turned up, this one's broken too. gently caress sake.

Imo cancel the order and get a refund then order somewhere else

Works proper dead today. Weathers too nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Everybody is celebrating the end of the world in the snowpocalypse but in the tedious east it's just slightly damp. I feel short changed.