Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
That ain’t it chief, you did a yikes, cringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Famethrowa posted:

Did anyone post the newest ongoing saga

Because you have to click this

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957433

Groverhouse part2: Grover truk

Lmao amazing

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Any context behind the SMG/Koos thing?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The existence of TCC is justified by all the quality FYAD dunks on it over the years. Still think about that dude shaking the skeleton on the daily.

:drat:

being a regular in tcc at this point is basically just being the guy in the meme who warned you about stairs dawg full time

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

EasilyConfused posted:

all i remember is that koos managed to not be a total moron while wandering in to challenge smg. it may have been funny in the process?

this unhelpful post now including: the meme i mentioned above, for reference:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Famethrowa posted:

Did anyone post the newest ongoing saga

Because you have to click this

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957433

Groverhouse part2: Grover truk

I don't want to poo poo on that parade in thread, but I have some pretty huge concerns about where that saga will end.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm hoping it ends with the dude having an epiphany about flush toilets

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Elviscat posted:

I don't want to poo poo on that parade in thread, but I have some pretty huge concerns about where that saga will end.

The serious concerns about very dumb decisions is an essential part of sagas so :justpost:

I mean

quote:

But what about water pressure? You may ask. Well instead of having a pressurized tank, the idea donned on me to make a water tower to supply water to the MurderHaus. Now my coworkers knowing that I plan to build my own helicopter one day said that I might as well turn the top of the watertower into a helipad. Well at first the idea seemed intriguing but even I know that having helicopter fuel above your water source is a bad Idea. So instead I brought back one of my idea of building my own giant telescope. It also just so happens I accidently bought a large $2000 telescope. So instead of a helipad, I'm going to turn it into observatory for the large telescope I bought until I can make a larger telescope. So this water tower will have not only a place where I can hand bail water to fill the water tower, but a staircase that leads up to my observatory.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Just make fun of them while you get the chance, stupid is rarely discouraged.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
But what about water pressure? You may ask. Well instead of having a pressurized tank, the idea donned on me to make a water tower to supply water to the MurderHaus. Now my coworkers knowing that I plan to build my own helicopter one day said that I might as well turn the top of the watertower into a helipad. Well at first the idea seemed intriguing but even I know that having helicopter fuel above your water source is a bad Idea. So instead I brought back one of my idea of building my own giant telescope. It also just so happens I accidently bought a large $2000 telescope. So instead of a helipad, I'm going to turn it into observatory for the large telescope I bought until I can make a larger telescope. So this water tower will have not only a place where I can hand bail water to fill the water tower, but a staircase that leads up to my observatory.

Sometimes I read stuff like this on SA, and I'm not entirely sure this isn't some kind of method/long form troll. Or, at least I'm hoping it a troll bc :catstare:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Unfortunately it seems like the poster lives in a municipality that will not allow him to achieve his wildest dreams, for example they are 100% going to force him to put in a well pump and have a pressurized water supply.

If he was in rural Idaho or Montana, where Freedom is the law, and they don't let little things like housing occupants being crushed/burned alive in earthquakes/fires a brutal police state stand in the way of citizen's rights, there'd be a lot more interesting poo poo to come out of that thread.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

It’s funny, sure, but using his weight as an insult gets a big yikes from me

A big fat mistake on the part of the writer, for sure.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

A big fat mistake on the part of the writer, for sure.

Shouldn't have gone with their gut reaction.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
EDIT: This post was way late and not funny enough to leave.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

EDIT: This post was way late and not funny enough to leave.

narrator: this was true

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

EasilyConfused posted:

SMG is a giant piece of poo poo who writes lots of big dumb words about what films actually mean. And it's never what you think the film is about because he's just so clever. Hence the goofy movie is actually about child abuse. Why? Because he can write anything about anything until it ends with 'and that's why it's about child abuse'. SMG rarely gets any meaningful push back because most goons are also terrible but don't have the same expanded but useless vocabulary. At some point the persona subsumed the person and SMG now infests the noosphere and so our dreams. He cannot be stopped.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

At some point the persona subsumed the person and SMG now infests the noosphere and so our dreams. He cannot be stopped.

Object Class: Keter

Description: SCP-6942 is the designation given to the former Something Awful Forums poster known as Supermechagodzilla, prior to his ascension into the global consciousness of humanity.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SMG writes the kind of things that should have been mercilessly failed in a second-year complit course, impressive-looking to everyone except any person who bothers to read carefully.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
so glad the thread stepped up to demostate why not makingy an rear end of yourself when coming in to cind solely to prove something about smg is a notable accomplishment

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
SMG is a good poster purely based on how mad thin skinned goons get at him.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

No you don't understand. He writes words. About movies. In the subforum for writing words about movies!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
SMG is fine

Now BotL... rest in piss

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
smg and botl were both masters of the art

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

perepelki posted:

smg and botl were both masters of the art

Speaking of posters who matter, congrats on being surreptitiously referred to in a podcast guest featuring Jeff of yospos

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Who What Now posted:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Who What Now posted:

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
a great SA saga was the formation of the Blockbuster Video forum so the silent majority could post about films without the spectre of SMG haunting them

that forum has had one post over the past seven days

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Horizon Burning posted:

a great SA saga was the formation of the Blockbuster Video forum so the silent majority could post about films without the spectre of SMG haunting them

lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Horizon Burning posted:

TMR is going the same route. For different reasons entirely I assume.

Of the first page of threads 7 of them were started by KM, and the thread at the bottom of page one last had a post in jan 2020.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

SMG is fine

Now BotL... rest in piss

I blocked BotL after watching him make an assertation about what happened in a tv-series to help prove his point, five people pointing out that those things never, in fact, happened in the show, then watching BotL immediately shift the goalposts to argue some other bullshit point.

Troll or not, dude never ever argued in good faith and I'm glad he's banned.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

pentyne posted:

Of the first page of threads 7 of them were started by KM, and the thread at the bottom of page one last had a post in jan 2020.

I lurk the Trans Formation thread because it helps me understand my own feelings on gender and my identity and the thread regularly goes a week or more without any posts at all. :sigh:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Horizon Burning posted:

Yes, the dessicated corpse of Blockbuster Video will forever stand as a monument to the type of goons who love to complain about other peoples' posting more than actually posting themselves.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Speaking of posters who matter, congrats on being surreptitiously referred to in a podcast guest featuring Jeff of yospos

There's a podcast??

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

pentyne posted:

The Minority Rapport is such a great name, too bad it fell apart soon after the renaming.

Paladinus posted:

There's a podcast??

:hmmyes:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The problem a lot of people had with SMG is they could never tell the difference between his honest readings of films and the times he was obviously joking for effect, and would get really mad when using inconsistencies in the latter as gotchas didn't get him to apologise and recant everything he's ever written.

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day

Paladinus posted:

There's a podcast??

There are actually many podcasts, but I'm assuming they are referring to Two Girls One Podcast who interviewed Jeffrey of YOSPOS who now owns the Somethingawful.com comedy forums.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

For anyone else confused by Two Girls One Podcast and their three very short episodes, you’re looking for 2 Girls 1 Podcast :v:

Turns out there’s a fuckton of Two Girls One ____ podcasts

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Who What Now posted:

Hard to beat this

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

If you can’t be racist against fictional characters, then prove it: call Mace Windu the n-word.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't know if I'm ready to hear Jeffrey's voice...