Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ulio posted:

Also have they said if the multiplayer for 3 will be relaunched as well?

The trailer linked above says "Includes single player content only" so I don't think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The main mission planets in the first one are some of the best video game atmosphere I’ve ever encountered.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Utgardaloki posted:

ME1 has the best gameplay because it's the most RPG and the least cover shooter.

cover shooters are a loving blight and they always were. what a black hole of lovely ideas. ME1's gameplay is, I mean this genuinely; factually and objectively better than Gears of War or whatever anyone's favorite cover shooter is.

This is a remarkable thing to say about a game where a majority of game time was spent shooting things behind cover, except bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Me1 is like the joke where the difference between a shooter and an ARPG is that the combat is good in the former and lovely in the latter, except it doesn't have the merits ARPGs usually have to make up for it

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
FemShep is the superior Shep, by any measure, especially in voice acting.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

quote:

New Shepard Customizations: With improved hair, makeup, eye color and skin tones you can create your Shepard in a unified character creator with all options available across the full trilogy, or choose to play as the iconic Femshep from Mass Effect 3 now available in all titles.

Excited to see the new monstrosities people create.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
this looks nice but they left a lot of money on the table by not including multiplayer and tweaking the endings

Like if that is the selling point you prolly get a lot more folks interested

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Blue Raider posted:

The main mission planets in the first one are some of the best video game atmosphere I’ve ever encountered.

The pacing can be a bit spotty but they really did well with the layouts to try and convey scale - especially considering the hard requirement for loading doors being everywhere. Going back to it now they're almost charming in their barely disguised simplicity.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
me3's ending isn't the kind that can be tweaked, any fixes would require a total chop-and-replace and no one's going to go that far

no multiplayer is a dire mistake though, there's still a market for it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ME3's ending is what it is at this point, that ship has sailed, who cares. MP though, what were they thinking.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Blue Raider posted:

yeah they kicked rear end. omega also kicked rear end.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Is it me or Pinnacle Station is missing on the list of DLCs?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Bholder posted:

Pinnacle Station was so bad EA removed it from their marketplace, pretty sure you can't even buy it anywhere to this day.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

exquisite tea posted:

Pinnacle Station was so bad EA removed it from their marketplace, pretty sure you can't even buy it anywhere to this day.

If you're on PC it's free.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/#masseffect

Not sure about consoles.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Bholder posted:

They lost the source code so didn't redo it.

It got corrupted or something during ps3 development.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

exquisite tea posted:

i can still buy it right now through the xbox live marketplace

i don't even remember what pinnacle station was, at all, despite completing it back in the day

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

ME3's ending is what it is at this point, that ship has sailed, who cares. MP though, what were they thinking.

the original cut ones are actually significantly better than the tweak attempts so i do not want to attempt to see them tweak it further

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Please don't post what actually happened re: Pinnacle Station.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It would be nice if it was all in one package, but I guess the MP is still up and running so you can just buy ME3 for like $3 and play it.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i can still buy it right now through the xbox live marketplace

i don't even remember what pinnacle station was, at all, despite completing it back in the day

It's just a bunch of score attack combat challenges.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Steam page is up for those who want to preorder on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1328670/Mass_Effect_Legendary_Edition/

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

They can't change the ME3 ending because ME4 is us putting Shepard back together again.

Going to make his first name Humpty.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

me3's ending isn't the kind that can be tweaked, any fixes would require a total chop-and-replace and no one's going to go that far

no multiplayer is a dire mistake though, there's still a market for it

yeah I mean ultimately ME3 is no longer The Ending to Mass Effect (at very least they're carrying Liara forward) so they may just be willing to pick it up when ME4 comes out. But I'd think they'd want to be like "and stay tuned after the credits for a SPECIAL TEASER for the next mass effect" or something like that

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

drat op I wish I knew someone was making a new Mass Effect thread, I was gonna make a modding guide for anyone not getting the remaster

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
For anybody interested in the remaster collection this seems like the most important info to me:

Alright, let's talk about the big stuff: gameplay changes to modernize Mass Effect 1. In terms of combat, there's improved aim assist with a stickier lock-on, allowing you to keep locked onto targets while strafing. There's finally a dedicated melee button too, and though weapons have been balanced and tuned across the trilogy, the changes are most prominent in ME1. A huge change in combat is the removal of class-based weapon restrictions and aim penalties. So you still can't train in weapons that your class isn't specialized in, but you can now use them without being penalized.

Lt. Danger posted:

drat op I wish I knew someone was making a new Mass Effect thread, I was gonna make a modding guide for anyone not getting the remaster

If you have anything big you want added feel free to post that stuff and I’ll add it in

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this is an extremely correct post

me1 also had the best story by a country mile

Nodding sagely at this post

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Lt. Danger posted:

I wonder how difficult it'll be to port existing mods over to the Legendary Edition. Probably a huge lift which is too bad because there are some good mods!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jose Oquendo posted:

The trailer linked above says "Includes single player content only" so I don't think so.

Hopefully they remember to tweak the resource requirements for the end of the game.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Hopefully they remember to tweak the resource requirements for the end of the game.

yeah they mentioned they were futzing with that, which is nice because when ME3 came out they were like "you don't have to play multiplayer to get the best ending" and it turned out that was wrong due to basic arithmetic!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As long as I can still stuff like 4 extended barrels and high velocity ammo into a sniper rifle to make it into a portable railgun with a 45 second cooldown between shots, I'm good.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Extended Cut already adjusted it so that multiplayer isn't needed anymore.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The heavy sniper rifle + explosive rounds sending enemies into orbit was sadly missed in 2/3.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's almost literally impossible to not get the "best" ending options without intentionally trying to do so, as it is, which is probably a bad thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Nice lens flare

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lol that's absurd

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JJ Abrams must be stopped.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Just remembered that Freddy prinze jr was in 3

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Just remembered that Freddy prinze jr was in 3

and he was good as hell

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Freddy Prinze Jr is a huge Mass Effect fan and asked to be in the game.

This is also how he got a Star Wars gig.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
He then goes on to be one of the... four~? good characters in all of Inquisition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Vega was a good character. So was javik who was definitely the best character in ME3