Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gunder posted:

Doesn't seem to be on Steam

It is, you'll have to restart the Steam app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Gunder posted:

Doesn't seem to be on Steam

Restart your steam client

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Steam update is live. Just restart client. 7 GB

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the switch version was a hoax just to mess with me

While using his tactical, octane reloads guns faster and one handed, meaning you can potentially hose someone down with a triple take reload and keep going like the tasmanian devil.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 2, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
FLIP THE PLAYSTATION SWITCH YA BAMPOTS!!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
UPDATE: playstation switch flipped lol

24 gig

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Level challenges don't give a level they give +10 stars now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

George H.W. oval office posted:

Level challenges don't give a level they give +10 stars now.

Is this good or bad? I don't pay attention to any of the quests or XP I just get pleasantly surprised when I unlock stuff.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wow I'm getting absolutely gash download speed, wonder if people are way more stoked for this season than usual?

Also maybe because America got buried in snow and everyone's stuck at home downloading it :j:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Bottom Liner posted:

Is this good or bad? I don't pay attention to any of the quests or XP I just get pleasantly surprised when I unlock stuff.

It's a strict upgrade because 10 stars is a level

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

It's been a long time since i've played a multiplayer multiplatform game; why is the patch size so different between platforms?

Also lol now they're just taunting everyone.

https://twitter.com/TitanfallBlog/status/1356656263623507970?s=20

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Boxman posted:

It's been a long time since i've played a multiplayer multiplatform game; why is the patch size so different between platforms?

Also lol now they're just taunting everyone.

https://twitter.com/TitanfallBlog/status/1356656263623507970?s=20

The 46 GB number I quoted in my post I guess was it just checking/validating my shiz before the update proper through Origin. My actual update is 10 GB and (as others have mentioned) going slow AF

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Where are y'all downloading from? I got 80 MB/s on steam but maybe I was just early or something. Pointless to try playing since no one has the dang patch anyway 5 minutes after live.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

First match of the season and I get 3 finishers on 3 Fuse players :c00l:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
see you guys in Season 12

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
As a loba main I'm loving the ability to ninja care packages. I've ended two games with a prowler and peacekeeper

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Fuse's Q feels a little weak. It doesn't really disturb your vision at all, and only does a little damage if you stand in it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Good news forlorn crypto goon, respawn heard your cries and made sure every anniversary skin was trash except his.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Repeater is pretty underwhelming, I'll still way rather go with r99+scout so they share an ammo type (STAB bonus)

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Who wants to hop on and frag some mans with me? Psn: Lord_Snow56

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

xtal posted:

As a loba main I'm loving the ability to ninja care packages. I've ended two games with a prowler and peacekeeper

fuuuuuck how did i miss that

My Steam download is 7.0/7.0 but still says 0/1 complete and won't launch. Restarting steam didn't change it either.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

xtal posted:

Repeater is pretty underwhelming, I'll still way rather go with r99+scout so they share an ammo type (STAB bonus)

Actually, Repeater with golden mag, wingman offhand, is an ideal combo. Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but the golden mag reloads the Repeater from empty to max after 6 seconds, which I think is faster than it takes to normally reload.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Everyone's gonna use the Fuse pirate skin eh

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

there are no other skins

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Simone Magus posted:

Really funny that the skins are "a sick-rear end pirate" and "rockabilly stuntman I guess?"

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Gunder posted:

Fuse's Q feels a little weak. It doesn't really disturb your vision at all, and only does a little damage if you stand in it.

It seems like it was 100% made to gently caress over the Rampart players.

It's me, I'm one of the dozen(s) of Rampart players.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I actually just got my first win already, playing Rampart for my daily, lol

We won because the final circle was Market and we had been on that roof surrounded by walls for like 3 full minutes already

Funny enough we hopped down to finish them, and then they got up on the roof, their Octane used Sheila and I just beaned him with a G7. We ran back up there and me and Fuse both had Peacekeepers so it was a very short engagement for Gibby lol

10/10 match

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Wheeee posted:

Apex isn't Overwatch, your core skills as a player and the guns you pick up matter vastly more than your legend choice.
Well as you originally stated, beyond a certain skill level it kinda is. Getting to final ring and having a horizon, Gibby, and caustic ult (prob could add fuse or maybe even crypto if you’re playing a good coordinated team that uses him) all hitting you at once and you’re now playing ability legends instead of what you’re describing here.

I think for the more average casual gamers who play pubs and don’t 3 stack this is mostly still true but once you get to the try hard pub lobbies or ranked, your character selection makes a huge difference.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 2, 2021

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I think I love the 30-30

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I cant hit with the scout so why would i think i could hit with the 30-30

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

They should call it the 30-70 because that's about how often I will hit with it.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

TrixR4kids posted:

Well as you originally stated, beyond a certain skill level it kinda is. Getting to final ring and having a horizon, Gibby, and caustic ult (prob could add fuse or maybe even crypto if you’re playing a good coordinated team that uses him) all hitting you at once and you’re now playing ability legends instead of what you’re describing here.

I think for the more average casual gamers who play pubs and don’t 3 stack this is mostly still true but once you get to the try hard pub lobbies or ranked, your character selection makes a huge difference.

Yea anyone playing at that level isn't looking for character advice for unlocks. Most people will be best served by picking someone that jives with their style, unless it's rampart lol

Gib is the best legend since he ranges from OP to dumb fat turd depending on player skill.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

wa27 posted:

They should call it the 30-70 because that's about how often I will hit with it.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
there is only ONE crypto related item in the battlepass, gently caress my life.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Skyarb posted:

there is only ONE crypto related item in the battlepass, gently caress my life.

Look, when one of your skins is Hype Man, you don't get to complain

I got his soccer kick skydive emote :kiddo:

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm not an amazing player but I'm proud of this one

30-30 seems good, I like it more than the Wingman which I could never get a feel for. Feels like a punchier Scout?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Repeater projectile speed is way too low imo

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

wa27 posted:

is it too soon for a new thread title?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The 30-30 is loving insane and I have quickly grown to love it. It's basically a Wingman or G7 for people who can't aim either of those guns

The new map changes seem nice and I like Fuse a lot because his Knuckle Cluster basically acts as a "I can't aim but you're on one hit so die please" button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Wheeee posted:

Yea anyone playing at that level isn't looking for character advice for unlocks. Most people will be best served by picking someone that jives with their style, unless it's rampart lol

Gib is the best legend since he ranges from OP to dumb fat turd depending on player skill.
Yeah true, I guess it depends what you're trying to do obviously. If you want to just have fun and still frag out then you can use Bangalore or Octane. If you want a similar play style but want to give your team more help (maybe you're playing with a friend a few levels up) or are struggling with those characters, you'd probably be better off with bloodhound. Also Caustic is completely broken where as Watson is incredibly useful but far more difficult to learn imo and Rampart is kinda useless.