Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's shockingly bad. The only other episode that comes close to that bad is Seizures Suit Stanny. It's like American Fung was so bad that its awfulness trickled into the next episode.

I had to look up this episode because I couldn't remember what it was and after reading the synopsis I still can't recall this episode at all, but I know I have to have seen it, and I don't think any other episode of the show has that effect on me, it must have been that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don’t think that one is nearly as bad. The Frankenstein’s monster bit is funny. Daniel calf.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I just do the dive, I don't mess around with the water

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t think that one is nearly as bad. The Frankenstein’s monster bit is funny. Daniel calf.

It's NOT nearly as bad as American Fung, it's just (imho) significantly worse than an average episode.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Just off the top of my head, American Fung and My Morning Straightjacket are the worst and no others really come close

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWOLQGpAGo

Still the best thing from the show and I love American Dad so it's a high bar to clear. Between this and Boyz4Now I realize I am a fan of fictional boy bands.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWOLQGpAGo

Still the best thing from the show and I love American Dad so it's a high bar to clear. Between this and Boyz4Now I realize I am a fan of fictional boy bands.

DuJour means family!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSO6I5YHyY

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just off the top of my head, American Fung and My Morning Straightjacket are the worst and no others really come close

I rewatched My Morning Straitjacket and it was significantly less awful the second time around, but it's certainly not one of my favorites. The Weeknd was a far better guest star, probably because the episode he was in wasn't about how great his music was from any of the characters' perspectives.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

I rewatched My Morning Straitjacket and it was significantly less awful the second time around, but it's certainly not one of my favorites. The Weeknd was a far better guest star, probably because the episode he was in wasn't about how great his music was from any of the characters' perspectives.

Plus an actual good and funny spoof song, I get that version in my head more than the actual Weeknd song

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm not gonna lie, if I didn't know My Morning Jacket ep was hated I wouldn't have any strong thoughts on it being unusually bad

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I rewatched Seizure Suit Stanny after that exchange last night and it was okay. I can see why I would've forgotten about it since the main plot wasn't all that strong but it still got some laughs out of me. I liked Francine having a full phone conversation before realizing she wasn't talking to anybody.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'm not gonna lie, if I didn't know My Morning Jacket ep was hated I wouldn't have any strong thoughts on it being unusually bad
To me the problem is that it’s built around some writer who clearly likes the band and wanted to get them in an episode but it just doesn’t work

Like I don’t remember it being offensively bad but it was more unfunny bad.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

Plus an actual good and funny spoof song, I get that version in my head more than the actual Weeknd song

Same, lol.

The Chad Jihad posted:

The first time I saw the MMJ one, I was like "what the gently caress is this?" Maybe I was influenced by other people's opinions or maybe it was just too different from what I was used to or something, but it ended up being sort of a default "bad" episode in my head. Then I rewatched it later, and it was fine, but still not necessarily a favorite. There are plenty of episodes that fall into that category; American Dad is great, but it can't be mindblowingly amazing all the time. :shrug:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The Chad Jihad posted:

I don't think we get the Jeff Lost in Space ep w/o the writer being a MMJ fan, so I think it was overall a net positive.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Coaaab posted:

I don't think we get the Jeff Lost in Space ep w/o the writer being a MMJ fan, so I think it was overall a net positive.

I liked that episode, and I liked the way music was used in that episode, but when I listened to "Majestic" out of context, it was incredibly boring.

American Dad uses music super well like 99% of the time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
AD is literally the only time I ever enjoyed hearing Black Eyed Peas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbxiIxHgzS8

Sector Corrector
Nov 25, 2020

Just finished watching the Family-Guy-Iverse, but was unsure of one thing: are the Gray Alien and the Goldfish supposed to be the same character?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sector Corrector posted:

Just finished watching the Family-Guy-Iverse, but was unsure of one thing: are the Gray Alien and the Goldfish supposed to be the same character?

No, go back to season one and start over, really pay attention this time.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
What is the name of the episode where Roger has an alien girlfriend voiced by one of the Kardashians, because that will always be the worst episode of the show for me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I really wish there were some way for me to watch the episode where Steve's arm gets bitten off by a shark without signing up for Hulu. :smithicide:

twistedmentat posted:

AD is literally the only time I ever enjoyed hearing Black Eyed Peas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbxiIxHgzS8

I wish I liked this episode more. It had some okay parts, this included.

edit:

Vakal posted:

What is the name of the episode where Roger has an alien girlfriend voiced by one of the Kardashians, because that will always be the worst episode of the show for me.

Blagsnarst: A Love Story -- it had a golden turd segment, so it can't possibly be the worst, imho.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Was the last Fox episode, too

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Coaaab posted:

Was the last Fox episode, too

I liked that episode, but drat, talk about going out with a whimper.

Then the first episode at TBS was the episode where Hayley dyes her hair blonde to get people to care about the environment, so it came in with a whimper too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The yacht with the giant cork in the bottom was pretty funny

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Has it been conclusively said if AD! is going to be on Disney+ Star? The tweet advertisement with all the logos didn't seem to include it, although Family Guy and Cleveland Show are present, but I might have missed it. Possibly it's a matter for regional licensing currently held by other services?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
On Hulu, all the older AD episodes are now given the TBS logo now, so I'm guessing that the property is at Turner, which is not in Disney's clutches yet.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Roger's too powerful to become a Disney Princess. He'd destroy them all.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Roger's too powerful to become a Disney Princess. He'd destroy them all.

Roger is actually three of the Disney princesses already. Try to guess which ones! The Answers will shock you!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

BizarroAzrael posted:

Has it been conclusively said if AD! is going to be on Disney+ Star? The tweet advertisement with all the logos didn't seem to include it, although Family Guy and Cleveland Show are present, but I might have missed it. Possibly it's a matter for regional licensing currently held by other services?

It is in Canada along with Futurrama

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Neeksy posted:

On Hulu, all the older AD episodes are now given the TBS logo now, so I'm guessing that the property is at Turner, which is not in Disney's clutches yet.

I just think Hulu isn't great at setting the network bug across the board, I wouldn't read anything into that.

Anyways, it's 100% owned and Distributed by Disney. It being on TBS is just a licensing agreement.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Roger is actually three of the Disney princesses already. Try to guess which ones! The Answers will shock you!

lmao, well. There's Belle. He was also Sleeping Beauty/Aurora in that one where Stan's worried that Francine will think he's boring and they end up inside Roger's brain.

Was he the fish one also?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lmao, well. There's Belle. He was also Sleeping Beauty/Aurora in that one where Stan's worried that Francine will think he's boring and they end up inside Roger's brain.

Was he the fish one also?

No, sorry, and this was kind of an unfair trick question because the third one is actually a Disney Prince, which is technically allowed since Roger is genderfluid.

The answer is Belle, Aurora, and Prince Charming from Cinderella: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPnpFNK8dnc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

These are all ads for gay conversion camps.

Is that Suck Boy Tony? They've got their work cut out for them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

These are all ads for gay conversion camps.

Is that Suck Boy Tony? They've got their work cut out for them.
Your mouth isn't for giving advice.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

It is in Canada along with Futurrama

Do you know when it's coming to Disney plus in Canada?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

sleep with the vicious posted:

Do you know when it's coming to Disney plus in Canada?

Feb. 23

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
That's awesome, that makes my day. I've been missing American Dad binge watching.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I just re-watched American Fung. Am I the lone person who found it funny?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nichael posted:

Probably, also you should probably also seek mental help cause that can't be a healthy reaction to an episode like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nichael posted:

I have always loved it