Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
30-30 is great. I'm going to be running a lot of spitfire/30-30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1356700034490765312

https://twitter.com/TitanfallBlog/status/1356714029503381504

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The follow up tweet says the Switch port is being handled by Panic Button

That bodes well, they did the excellent Doom 2016/Eternal and Warframe Switch ports

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

bushisms.txt posted:

Good news forlorn crypto goon, respawn heard your cries and made sure every anniversary skin was trash except his.

My problem was mostly with the battlepass which leaves all the good skins stuck at a $20 price tag which I am never going to pay for again after I purchase that skin immediately because yeah it's really loving cool

Caustic's skin is really good too.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Fuses grenade shenanigans are legit

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

repiv posted:

The follow up tweet says the Switch port is being handled by Panic Button

That bodes well, they did the excellent Doom 2016/Eternal and Warframe Switch ports

Ooooo 60 fps is on the table then.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Fuses grenade shenanigans are legit

its super fun chucking six frags plus whatever at a squad hiding behind One Rock

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It's officially official now

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1356728844548411392

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Chard posted:

its super fun chucking six frags plus whatever at a squad hiding behind One Rock

It really is

I'm loving this dude

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Knowing there are a bunch of other goon clans out there already, with the (hopefully) recent influx of players joining/coming back for Season 8, I've made a new clan for chill people looking to group up outside of Discord.

Name: L337 Like Jeff K
Club tag: LLJK
Logo: looks as much like goatse as I could manage

It's request only but I'll be playing for most of the rest of the day so I'll approve ASAP.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Folks think this is the Season of Fuse but it's actually the season of Wattson blue-balling Fuse.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’ve killed 4 downed people with Fuse’s sub-ult fireworks attack.

It’s positively filthy.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Came across a fuse carcass with 15 arc stars.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Anyone else unable to play?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

me, I was playing earlier then walked to the shop and now I'm on the bad side of the loading circle

e: nm posting fixed it, as it fixes all things

Chard fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 3, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Why do I keep getting matched with Lobas that stay wayyyyyy behind us other two and then use their black market

Nah sis I ain't going halfway back towards the ring

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Simone Magus posted:

Why do I keep getting matched with Lobas that stay wayyyyyy behind us other two and then use their black market

Nah sis I ain't going halfway back towards the ring

The problem is you're leaving them behind

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

never let go of W

John DiFool posted:

Came across a fuse carcass with 15 arc stars.

the correct way to play*

*all champs

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Don't know if this is story related, so I'm spoilering it, but shrutgal just revealed gibbys best skin, he said it's coming on the 16th, which is annoying cause i want it on my switch account.

:siren::siren:
https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1356753605836087298?s=19

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 3, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

xtal posted:

The problem is you're leaving them behind

If two of us are sticking together then I'm sorry but the person who thinks they need to keep looting when the ring is literally on the other side of the map and we're all geared up is objectively and democratically incorrect

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

gibbys best skin

Distinct lack of polar bear there :colbert:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Pedestrian Xing posted:

its too mascot and not enough rip your face off bear

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Easily the second best, my first criteria for good skins is how thematic they are to the character, then how transformative it is to the base skin.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
When I try to purchase the battle pass I get a server error, has anyone had this issue?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

kanonvandekempen posted:

When I try to purchase the battle pass I get a server error, has anyone had this issue?

Try waiting a while or deleting system32

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Comparing anything to the polar bear skin is unfair because it's one of the only skins that fundamentally alters the character appearance so drastically

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

Comparing anything to the polar bear skin is unfair because it's one of the only skins that fundamentally alters the character appearance so drastically

It's even better when you combine it with the robogib skin animated banner, he starts as a present that opens up.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Wait can Wattson pretty much negate Fuse's everything?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
The game director for Apex has posted a very interesting introspective and history in honor of the 2 year anniversary: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/two-years-of-apex-legends

As a Week 1 player, I thought it was super cool to see what they were playing with before a single legend had even taken shape. Players in a drop ship running to fill a 3-man pod to make a team is a cool as hell idea but I can see why it was scrapped. It also says what the first 3 legends they ever created were: Gibby, Wraith, and Bloodhound . Seeing the evolution of King's Canyon was extremely interesting as well when they show a then-and-now overlay. He glosses over the fact that 'Survival' was not necessary a new idea they came up with...they even had a Chicken Dinner board up in the office as a clear reference to PUBG...but clearly they wanted to innovate outside what was already in place and knew they had something unique with the legends. Beyond that, the ping system is obviously one of the most revolutionary innovations and was developed when they forced the devs to play without headsets. Respawn ships also fall into the revolutionary category and clearly many BR's are a step behind Apex's innovations. Despite the EA stank, it's obvious that Apex is a labor of love for Respawn and I think it really shows.

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 3, 2021

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The funniest bit of Apex history is that someone leaked it on 4chan nearly a year before launch, but the thread just immediately died and nobody saw it

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/410050215/

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

repiv posted:

The funniest bit of Apex history is that someone leaked it on 4chan nearly a year before launch, but the thread just immediately died and nobody saw it

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/410050215/

I remember the snapshot of the King's Canyon map getting leaked early but never have seen this whole thread - pretty cool IMHO

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Jesus christ Fuse is fun. He's absolutely insane at building clearing too. I've got a ton of cool clips to put together.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Wattson just became way more useful now. I love shutting Fuse down completely with her ult.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Got a win as Fuse. His active and ult are both pretty good but holy poo poo his passive is insane. I landed like, 5 arc stars on people. Time to run "an entire inventory of arc stars with no guns at all".

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

wattson CAN shut fuse down, if she carries stacks of ult accels

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Firing Fuse’s ult into a small room is awesome. Managed to lay it perfectly into the supply ship from the ground. Just a room full of fire :allears:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Finally checked out the battlepass to confirm my suspicions and yep, literally nothing but the trackers for crypto. They even gave up trying to pretend with a throwaway voice clip like they usually do.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

Finally checked out the battlepass to confirm my suspicions and yep, literally nothing but the trackers for crypto. They even gave up trying to pretend with a throwaway voice clip like they usually do.

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh that half his unlockable clips are in a language most won't understand.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

dogstile posted:

Jesus christ Fuse is fun. He's absolutely insane at building clearing too. I've got a ton of cool clips to put together.

Yup he friggin rocks mate

He kinda is Strictly Better Bangalore tho so I'm hoping she gets a buff, just increase the damage of creeping barrage or make it blanket the entire area in smoke that's as dense as her tactical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

just giving tac sight to bangos whole team on any airstrike hit would be an easy and good buff. horizon gets it soooo