Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Gaius Marius posted:

My dumbass friend bought one of those. It's uncomfortable as poo poo

How much damage did it inflict, on a per second basis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

StormDrain posted:

How much damage did it inflict, on a per second basis?

It was exponential damage growth. It started off really weak, but by ten minutes it was doing near fatal damage to my spine every second

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Thanks for this... I watched the entire thing and it was worthwhile.

Thanks thread!
I promise not to buy the gaming chair. I will work harder to find better alternatives.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

iMonarch posted:

How are the Greenridge beef sticks? I've passed them up every time so far but I think I'm ready to commit.

I don't hate them but wouldn't actively seek them out again. I gave them a try because they were on sale, there's various cold-case meat sticks you can get around here cheaply now (Meijer carries some decent ones now) that I thought were better, but it wasn't super awful. I didn't think they were slimy. There's I think four individual packages with four sticks each, like one stick or maybe two and I'm done so it's going to take a while to churn through them.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Gaius Marius posted:

It was exponential damage growth. It started off really weak, but by ten minutes it was doing near fatal damage to my spine every second

Lives up to the name!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I miss the garlic bread they had it was greasy as gently caress and I loved it

The pull apart cheese stuffed bread from France (in the refrigerated section) fills that gap. Go get some, and then eat all of it crying in the bathtub.

Oh, and I think its a two pack.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

lol I knew exactly what video this was gonna be before clicking on it

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

The pull apart cheese stuffed bread from France (in the refrigerated section) fills that gap. Go get some, and then eat all of it crying in the bathtub.

I wish you hadn't reminded me of that thing, because I really need to get one again.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

namlosh posted:

Thanks for this... I watched the entire thing and it was worthwhile.

Thanks thread!
I promise not to buy the gaming chair. I will work harder to find better alternatives.

I have been using this guy for 40+ hours a week for a few years now. It has held up great.

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Hyken-Technical-Mesh-Task-Chair-Black/product_990119

They go on sale all the time too.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What makes that chair specifically for gamers?

hatch in the bottom for the sock

namlosh posted:

Does anyone have experience with the gamer chair they have for sale?

this one

I’ve got a couple of Herman Miller Aerons but sometimes I just want a chair I can lean back in with my head supported you know? Will this scratch that itch at all without being a complete waste of money?

how the hell do you wind up with "a couple" aerons?

gimme one

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

gonna need a brand name

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

gonna need a brand name

It's the Tipiak one. Mine was a little dry when I had it last year, so I added a bunch of cheese which added another thousand calories but was worth every one.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Read it and weep fatsos https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/costco-pull-apart-cheese-bread/

And I mean that with the utmost regards, as I am also a rotund lardass.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The crispy bottom half of that cheese bread has contributed to many of the pounds I have gained since I got a Costco card. It's stupid how delicious it is.

Sometimes I make roast garlic butter and brush it on top. Don't do that, you'll just be a butter biscuit of a person. It's too good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

fizzymercy posted:

Don't do that, you'll just be a butter biscuit of a person. It's too good.

too late

might as well

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I gotta stop browsing this thread at night while I'm trying to cut weight.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Two weeks ago I dropped $300 cash on a used Steelcase Leap v2 off Craigslist and so far totally worth it. gently caress gamer chairs.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

pezzie posted:

Two weeks ago I dropped $300 cash on a used Steelcase Leap v2 off Craigslist and so far totally worth it. gently caress gamer chairs.

I loved my Leap, it lasted a dozen years under my butt. I do not love my Aeron.

Should have gotten the Costco ergo office chair

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
BTW, for whoever might be interested, days after I bought that Cuisinart air fryer on the website, it's available for an extra $40 off now, until Valentine's Day, while supplies last. $160 after discount.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what's so special about this steelcase

I looked at pics and it looks like...an office chair

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Alan Smithee posted:

what's so special about this steelcase

I looked at pics and it looks like...an office chair

You buy one (1) Steelcase Leap or Aeron that will outlast countless lesser office chairs without loving up your body while you sit in it for 8 hours a day for a decade. I'm currently sitting on a Steelcase Leap V2 I bought 9 years ago (brand new) and it's held up remarkably, nothing is torn, the foam padding is holding up well and it's just as comfortable as ever even after using this bastard daily for that time.

The whole deal with chairs like these is you forget they are there while you are working. You don't get aches, or tired, or hurt elbows or headaches due to poo poo posture and they last for fuckin' ever. Ergonomics and build quality are what make it special. Don't gently caress around with cheap chairs, you'll gently caress up your body in really awful ways but then again that brownie we are all talking about will as well so ???

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

minidracula posted:

BTW, for whoever might be interested, days after I bought that Cuisinart air fryer on the website, it's available for an extra $40 off now, until Valentine's Day, while supplies last. $160 after discount.

talk to your local manager and they will give you the discount price if it’s within 30 days

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

minidracula posted:

happy valentine’s day baby I made you all these tendies

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

happy valentine’s day baby I made you all these tendies

pretty sure women would prefer diamond hands

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

pentyne posted:

pretty sure women would prefer diamond hands

stamina is me holding that gse

homina homina

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Paul MaudDib posted:

talk to your local manager and they will give you the discount price if it’s within 30 days
For purchases made on the website? That is, I bought it on the site, and it's now discounted on the site (apparently my local still doesn't have any in stock). Would they still give me the difference? If so, that's incredibly cool, and good to know.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

minidracula posted:

For purchases made on the website? That is, I bought it on the site, and it's now discounted on the site (apparently my local still doesn't have any in stock). Would they still give me the difference? If so, that's incredibly cool, and good to know.

Customer service for costco.com should be able to do price adjustments for their stock as well.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/628/~/price-adjustment---costco.com-orders

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Anaxite posted:

Customer service for costco.com should be able to do price adjustments for their stock as well.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/628/~/price-adjustment---costco.com-orders
:krad: Thanks Paul MaudDib and Anaxite! Submitted the request for price adjustment online. Should be all good, will know in 3-5 days. :slick:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if you want a nice office chair for whatever you do at your desk just find an office liquidator and buy an aeron for like 400$ and stop loving around with all the inferior chairs. trust me they will have some in good shape. they pretty much last forever if you replace the hydraulic lift.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
If you've ever bought a steelcase chair, you'll understand why everyone recommends them. I bought my leap v2 used (manufactured in the late 90's!) 3 years ago and it's still in perfect condition. It's fantastically durable and comfortable, and there's a reason why so many people recommend finding one used if you can't afford a new one (they are loving expensive but goddamn worth it)

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

if you want a nice office chair for whatever you do at your desk just find an office liquidator and buy an aeron for like 400$ and stop loving around with all the inferior chairs. trust me they will have some in good shape. they pretty much last forever if you replace the hydraulic lift.

Yup. I bought my Aeron brand new nearly 20 years ago. The hydraulics went (under warranty) after 12 years of daily use. Eventually, the wheels turned to dust so I bought some rollerblade wheels that popped right on. My wife adopted it for Pandemic WFH.

Took the kid to an office liquidator on this thread's suggestion a while back. Instead of spending $199 on a crummy, new Costco chair we picked out a fantastic slightly used chair for less. We wound up going back and getting a new-in-box sit/stand desk (a big Fully Jarvis with OLED touchscreen) for $200, retail $799. I chose to assemble it at home, and it's honestly one of the best built pieces of furniture we have. That thing's ready for the apocalypse.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Tomorrow is the first day of the coupon book. Is it going to be a mob of people, or just an average costco wednesday?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
A slightly above average Costco Wednesday is my prediction. I think most people tuned into the sales are daytime shoppers too. Plus Costco isn't likely to run out of anything on sale, so there's no pressure to hit a first day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I'll be going within the next few days. Maybe tomorrow. Not sure.

I should be getting a $500 check from them soon. :getin:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

STOCK UP GOGOGOGGO

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I haven’t couponed in a while. You don’t need the physical one right

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No it just shows you what's on sale. You just go and buy it like normal.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

It isn't 2020 anymore.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

STOCK UP GOGOGOGGO

I dunno, Purell is pretty good. But no stock from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Alan Smithee posted:

how the hell do you wind up with "a couple" aerons?

gimme one

I am the luckiest man alive. Our office is stocked with them and when we downsized, they said we could grab them before the liquidators got there. I was able to smoooosh 3 into my Honda Accord.
One for me, one for the wife and one for the kiddo.

We use the crap out of them. All vintage 2004 and still look absolutely new.

Whoever mentioned getting a headrest for my existing chair, thank you. I looked again and they aren’t nearly as goofy as I remember:
amazon link
It costs as much as an actual chair, lol

It’ll be here Friday, along with a bunch of replacement foam pieces that have absolutely disintegrated on ours.