Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Chocobo posted:

I think that canonically (maybe depending on how you shape your playthrough's Shepard), the option to control the Reapers and become god-like eternal Space Cop Shepard is actually the "Good" ending. I remember doing the synthesis choice first but that choice only really exists to justify Seth Green loving a robot.

Mass Effect 4 is set after the synthesis ending and is a management simulator where you tackle thorny legal issues like "does a praetorian count as 30 people" and "does the human gun-arm on a cannibal get its own social security number separate from the batarian body"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So they sharpened the textures and slapped a new lighting engine in and that's a remaster

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Chocobo posted:

I think that canonically (maybe depending on how you shape your playthrough's Shepard), the option to control the Reapers and become god-like eternal Space Cop Shepard is actually the "Good" ending. I remember doing the synthesis choice first but that choice only really exists to justify Seth Green loving a robot.

Considering that Destroy is a literal genocide and Synthesis is forcing all living beings to undergo a transformation without consent then the only vaguely non-evil choice is Control and just chilling about as a passive space god.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The only redeeming part of Andromeda was the pretty buried side plot of how the mission was inspired by knowledge of the Reapers.

Or something like that. I don’t remember the specifics, but the plot like ended before it concluded by examining some kind of murder on the notCitadel.

Jesus, I barely remember anything about that game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chocobo posted:

I didn't do a bunch of bullshit so that the quarians didn't genocide the geth just so the geth could get genocided anyway.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The part at the end of ME3 with the Sheen confrontation is kind of lame but his last line if you cap him is probably my favorite thing the character does. I really hope the sequel doesn’t have him in it at all

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

The only redeeming part of Andromeda was the pretty buried side plot of how the mission was inspired by knowledge of the Reapers.

Or something like that. I don’t remember the specifics, but the plot like ended before it concluded by examining some kind of murder on the notCitadel.

Jesus, I barely remember anything about that game.

I remember a mission where a guy is in jail for murder but you find out he only tried to murder the other guy and a kett was the actual culprit

so your choice is to free him or keep him in jail for murder instead of remembering that attempted murder is a crime too

also aww

https://twitter.com/jhaletweets/status/1356766360202711040

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lt. Danger posted:

if I remember rumours right in very early pre-production the geth were gonna resurrect Shepard, not Cerberus

later plans were to recruit Legion on a mission to the Normandy SR1 crash site

I remember when a focus tester leaked that bit here and Lowtax erased a bunch of posts

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 3, 2021

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I hope there is an option to disable lens flare and remove suns from scenes where they weren't present because this poo poo is ugly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Just gonna repost this because it kind of got lost on the last page

nine-gear crow posted:

A great list of mods, but there's a couple I'd add to them, especially for ME1 Quality of Life updates:

MASS EFFECT 1
Charted Worlds - Adds a purchasable scanner upgrade to the Normandy shop that reveals the location of minerals/anomalies/ect. on landable world maps to cut down on wasted time exploring.
Galaxy Map Trackers - Adds Mass Effect 2/3-style flags to Galaxy Map locations for side quests.
Keepers Finders - Adds mission objective markers to all the Keepers on the Citadel for the quest "Scan the Keepers".
Adams Consistency Mod - Removes Normandy chief engineer Greg Adams's dress uniform and puts him in regular fatigues like he sports in Mass Effect 3.
N7 MAKO - Increases the Mako's attack power, shield and hull durability, and stability. Fully compatible with Improved Mako.
Casual Hubs For ME1 - Implements an ME3 style armor/casual attire system for hubs like the Citadel and Port Hanshan on Noveria, including casual outfits for Garrus and Wrex.
Same-Gender Romances for ME1 - Unlocks same-sex romantic options. Male Shepards can romance Kaidan, and Female Shepards can romance Ashley.
Covered Clothing - Most of the options in this mod are needlessly prudish, but the one for Benezia is really good and covers up her embarrassing boob window.

MASS EFFECT 2
Casual Hubs For ME2 - Adds a variety of outfit options for all squad members for hubs like the Citadel, Normandy, and Omega.
HUD Icon Fixes - ME2 DLC Weapons - Fixes the placement of DLC weapon icons on the HUD.
Joker Wears Cerberus Fatigues - Fixes a weird glitch in Tali's loyalty mission where Joker shows up in his ME1 outfit for the opening scene of the mission.
No More Butt Shots - Removes the skeevy rear end-focused camera angles in dialog scenes with Miranda.
Remove Shared Power Cooldown - Implements Mass Effect 1 style individual power cooldowns for Shepard and squad.
No Minigames - Exactly what it says on the tin.
Mass Effect 1 Style Object Selector - Replaces the square shaped selector icon with the round (O)-shaped one from ME1 and ME2.

MASS EFFECT 3
Immersive Thessia Mod - Made by the author of Priority: Earth Overhaul Mod, aimed at making Priority: Thessia more engrossing and impactful. Will overwrite any changes made to Thessia made by Project Variety.
Ambient Audio Overhaul Mod - Also made by the author of PEOM, aims to restore most of the ambient audio to various locations across the game that were cut or just not implemented because lol EA crunch.
F.I.S.H. Mod - Allows you to reunite with Kelly Chambers on the Citadel even if you didn't sexually harass her into feeding your fish for you in ME2.
Citadel Epilogue Mod - Strips out all references to the Reapers, Cerberus, and the war from the Citadel DLC to allow it to act as an epilogue for ME3. Has patches for various ending mods like MEHEM, JAM, CEM, and LIME.
Better Journal - Updates the objective markers in the Journal entries to reflect the changes made by Expanded Galaxy Mod.
Allers Redone - Gives Diana Allers a visual overhaul, including a better face texture, less makeup, and a classier dress/jacket more beffiting a news reporter.
Jacob Gets Sucker Punched - Replaces FemShep's weakass slap Renegade interrupt in the Citadel DLC with a full on right hook. Mod also allows a non-romanced FemShep and BroShep to haul off and deck Jacob as well. Because Jacob deserves it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Sovereign reveal on Virmire is so cool and I love Kaiden's line about not wanting to be a Bioware whiner-character since he's Carth and then he becomes a whiner like Carth anyway. Cant wait for the Jade Empire remaster as well.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

nine-gear crow posted:

Just gonna repost this because it kind of got lost on the last page

nice. I have some of these but others I didn't know existed!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Chocobo posted:

[Red/Blue/Green] is the "Good" ending

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the rekindling of ending talk and which one is "good"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember the scrap of paper that was written by Casey Hudson describing the ending?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember the scrap of paper that was written by Casey Hudson describing the ending?

Lots of speculation

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

SgtSteel91 posted:

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the rekindling of ending talk and which one is "good"
I was speaking about "good" as in the alignment, not so much in terms of quality.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blue Raider posted:

Lots of speculation

:speculate:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Never forget that Casey Hudson and some other hack locked themselves in a room to hash out the ending without any input from others.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ErrEff posted:

Hmmmm, only $150 for this! https://gear.bioware.com/products/mass-effect-legendary-cache

At least it's better than the Halo 3 helmet, they claim humans can actually wear this one.

if it had the game. id take it but gently caress that poo poo.

Buschmaki posted:

The Sovereign reveal on Virmire is so cool and I love Kaiden's line about not wanting to be a Bioware whiner-character since he's Carth and then he becomes a whiner like Carth anyway. Cant wait for the Jade Empire remaster as well.

when is the jade empire remaster i feel like thats probably late this year or next year. id love to see a sequel to that someday.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Never forget that Casey Hudson and some other hack locked themselves in a room to hash out the ending without any input from others.

You're god drat right. Whoever let them out is still at large!

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

the ME3 OC ending was just the Final Fantasy 7 ending for millenials

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

the ME3 OC ending was just the Final Fantasy 7 Wrath of Khan ending for millenials

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Remember that they didn’t use a child model for the kid that was being told a story of the Shepard but instead just shrunk down an adult? Lol

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Lt. Danger posted:

the ME3 OC ending was just the Final Fantasy 7 ending for millenials

all downhill from there imo

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Shepard died on earth when the reaper fired, the whole 3 endings on the citadel after that was just a random firing of dying neurons dream, Jacob's Ladder style.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember that they didn’t use a child model for the kid that was being told a story of the Shepard but instead just shrunk down an adult? Lol

The ending is so bad that it made a cameo by Buzz Aldrin incredibly lame.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Chocobo posted:

I was speaking about "good" as in the alignment, not so much in terms of quality.

I was also talking about alignment, because I don't think it's good for Shepard, or anyone, to give up their physical form and become the controlling conscious for the Reapers

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 3, 2021

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
It's good to be back.

The ME1 component of Legendary appears to be closer to a remake in parts than just a remaster. Look at that comparison of old Eden Prime and new. The environment seems really different. Nice to see they ditched Sovereign discharging core, nice way to close up that plot hole in ME3. I knew you were reading my posts, Casey!

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 3, 2021

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Anyway, the Protheans and the Collectors - assimilated or destroyed?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

One thing I’d like to see but I know will definitely never happen is for them to implement the same contextual name recognition system that Andromeda had where if you use the default names for Shepard, characters would call you either John or Jane where appropriate like they do with Scott and Sarah Ryder.

Though it would mean getting basically the whole cast back together though and re-voicing a ton of dialog, and you’d have to leave Zaeed’s lines as is because Robin Sachs is dead :smith:

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Anyway, the Protheans and the Collectors - assimilated or destroyed?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So far this poo poo looks good and I aim to pre-order the deluxe edition of this on Origin as soon as it's available!

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I was bummed to hear that there will be no ME3 multiplayer. I had a great time teleporting around as a Volus assassin with my buds on xbox live.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

They could dial down the lens flair a little, but it's not a deal-breaker or anything

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Honest to God, I saw someone discussing that Shamus retrospective today. I kept thinking about cheap narrative devices and how element zero is hard sci-fi for thematically-rich blue space babes and whatever. Real greatest hits moment.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Honest to God, I saw someone discussing that Shamus retrospective today. I kept thinking about cheap narrative devices and how element zero is hard sci-fi for thematically-rich blue space babes and whatever. Real greatest hits moment.

Shamus makes a lot of good points but the dude is just a fun-vortex that sucks all the fun out of the room and the games he "reviews".

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So they sharpened the textures and slapped a new lighting engine in and that's a remaster

hey dude these days you're lucky you don't get a de-master like warcraft 3 reforged

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wolfsheim posted:

Remaster adds a new tali face but it's just a different stock photo

remember the time some guy wrote a dissertation on tali's sweat

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm gonna get this but I hope that in changing the original games they added charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Acerbatus posted:

remember the time some guy wrote a dissertation on tali's sweat